Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Young Adult or Teen fiction / fantasy with female protagonist on a hero quest

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 139 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 8:51:47 AM PDT
Janice says:
Try the Coop Clan Coop Clan: Term 1 Really great read about teen friendships

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 8:58:51 AM PDT
J. Worth says:
You might like Mind Mods by Jae Worth. The female heroine is on a quest to save her friends from being mind-controlled by nanobots.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 2:52:47 AM PDT
Thanks John G!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 10:31:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 8, 2012 6:33:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 1:06:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 7, 2012 1:16:30 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 1:12:21 PM PDT
Yvonne,
You might like Journey to Imagiland. There are two female protagonists and kids from 8 to 80 will enjoy the journey.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:29:21 PM PDT
Self-promotion is not allowed on custumer forums. Please remove your link. If your link is not removed, then the "report abuse" link will be utilized.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:30:59 PM PDT
Self-promotion is not allowed on custumer forums. Please remove your link. If your link is not removed, then the "report abuse" link will be utilized. Please stop. Readers are not attracted to authors who break the rules, force their way into established forums, and spam their works. Not attractive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 6:10:55 PM PDT
Ditto what G said!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:46:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 6:47:39 PM PDT
G., where are you getting your information? In order to self-promote, I would need to have written a book to promote. The book I referenced is not mine. I am neither the author nor the artist involved. It is simply not my work. I have, nonetheless, deleted the my earlier post. I have done this because I fully believe, based upon the the strong wording from your multiple threats in this discussion, that you would likely follow through and report me as an abuser regardless. The last thing I need right now is to be banned from yet another website for rule-breakage that I did not do. If anyone here is violating the guidelines of Amazon.com, I suggest that it is you violating this rule: 'Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other customers or participants' as outlined on this page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_et_d_gl

In closing, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 5:47:13 AM PDT
Scott,

If you didn't break the rules Amazon wouldn't ban you. In fact, even if you did break the rules it would have to be very egregious for them to take the step of banning you. They would delete your POST if it violated their TOS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 10:25:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 10:31:49 AM PDT
Agnes says:
Scott, I do remember the book you posted a link for which was written by an L.J. Gastineau. While self-promotion is against Amazon's terms of service, promoting the book of someone you know also violates their guidelines, especially if this person is a relative. This is why G. posted. G. did not violate Amazon's guidelines.

The second message G. wrote, if you click on the blue area that says "an earlier post," was not even directed at you but at another poster who is the author of a book and who is self-promoting. Self-promotion is strictly prohibited by Amazon, and this was not a violation either.

You are incorrect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 1:04:19 PM PDT
@Scott. Are you a relative of the author? If you are, then you are promoting a relative, and this is not an unbiased recommendation. People here are looking for un-biased recs from people who are familiar with what children enjoy. If I was not correct, and you are not related, then you have my heartfelt apology. I have done NOTHING to break TOS. I don't own this site, therefore have no power to "threaten". Warn and redirect is my goal since Amazon is the one who will decide if a post is against TOS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 1:04:46 PM PDT
Thanks Agnes and Nana ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:31:19 PM PDT
G,

You have always been polite and give a little warning that you will report abuse if the post is not deleted. While I am also polite (I try to bend over backwards to the point that I think I'm starting to resemble a pretzel), I have stopped waiting to report abuse.

I'm done, G. As soon I see the self-promotional post I click the abuse button.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:48:26 PM PDT
Sigh, no matter what I do and how I say it, it doesn't seem to be helping anything. The thing is, there have been a couple of really nice authors who REALLY didn't know that spamming was against TOS and have come back with some good recs. They have been the EXCEPTION, so...OMG, you are right!<- I just argued myself into agreement.

If this needs to be done, then I hope more people come around and "report abuse". I think just a couple of us doing it won't be enough?

Thanks for the kind words Nana. I try to be polite, but when I come home from work and EVERY new post is a spam post, then sometimes I am a bit snarky!

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 5:20:42 PM PDT
I don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but "Elle Enchanted" by Gail Carson Levine is excellent. My daughter likes "Two Princesses of Bamarre" by Levine even better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 6:48:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 10, 2012 6:51:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:21:19 AM PDT
Read it says:
Yvonne,
You'll love Moon Over Monsters by Kate Mathis. The main character is Christina Casey a 16 year old discovers a fantasy world. It is a fun read with some mystery adventure and humor. It's Free June 11 & 12th on Kindle.
Moon Over Monsters (Christina's Chronicles)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 3:33:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 11, 2012 3:34:11 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 3:41:23 AM PDT
Check out

VOLUSPA- a magical world

The female protagonist is 15 years old and lands in a fantasy world with 5 different clans.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:30:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 12, 2012 5:08:32 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:54:05 PM PDT
C. klauber says:
Jackaroo and the sequel are great. By Cynthia Voigt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 3:10:44 PM PDT
Alyx Morgan says:
I highly recommend The Sisters Grimm series. It's kind of a mystery meets fairy tale/fable series of books. The sisters have to solve a mystery in each book over which fairy tale creature(s) are causing mayhem. I've read them all so far & think they're AWESOME!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:02:30 PM PDT
Self-promotion/a link to your own book, is against Amazon Terms of Service. Please remove your link and join in on the discussions here, or go to the only place where this is allowed; the Meet Our Authors forum:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Books with maps or diagrams of familiar places 0 8 days ago
book full of crafts and diy projects for kids 0 15 days ago
kids book: man moves to an island, it gets developed, he moves on to another?? 0 18 days ago
Looking for a Christian fiction and Christian biography book for a 10 year old 49 22 days ago
New book for kids about a magical hat that can make kid stop crying! 0 25 days ago
a book about a caterpillar that turns into a butterfly. 18 May 20, 2016
Picture Book about a cute little garden snail in search of her best friend Catherine the Caterpillar. For ages infant through 2nd grade. Book set includes: Book, Audio Book, Coloring Book, Stickers and 9 character song CD. 0 May 7, 2016
ISO English Camelot-based Fantasy from Mid-1950s or earlier 1 Apr 13, 2016
ISO a book I read in the 90s when I was in middle school 1 Apr 9, 2016
Exciting New Children's Books 22 Apr 6, 2016
Mamas Love Boogers - A childrens book everyone can get a smile out of 0 Apr 4, 2016
Weekly Readers Childrens Book Club Selections 1950's/1960's 34 Apr 3, 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  139
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions