Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Recently Published Children's Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1251-1275 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:40:11 PM PST
Brooke says:
The Adventures of Charlz From Marz is a great book...great story with great illustrations and very funny. My kids love it so much, they can't put it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 4:28:05 PM PST
B. Pemberton says:
The Adventures of Flossy
good one for story bed time reading or easy read if they want to read themselves was easy flowing

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 4:30:24 PM PST
Book Lover says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 4:45:53 PM PST
You need to stop. Amazon is going to delete your book spam because it is against the TOS. Go to the Meet Our Authors forum.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 6:33:32 AM PST
I agree with Karate Cat. Both my kids enjoyed that one. I just released a picture book called The Nutt Family: An Acorny Adventure and that got the two thumbs up from my kids too!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 6:38:55 AM PST
Amy says:
Anastasia and Maidstone Monarch series - 3 so far and they are all very funny! For boys and girls who enjoy a good read and a giggle!

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:18:16 PM PST
Ana R. says:
My kids really liked HOW TO BE RUDE!. It also mentions other kid's books in the story, so now they have a list of books they want :) The best cure for my "reluctant reader" boys was buying them a Kindle!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 4:12:16 PM PST
Please STOP. Self promotion is not allowed on the reader foras. Please look at the plethora of threads at the beginning of this forum that state this. Also, a gereral review of the surroundings is a good thing to do before you try to sell your wares. If the above mentioned posts weren't all over this forum, then I would be more gentle. Either a person is blind or simply doesn't care about the rules.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:48:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 7:47:47 PM PDT
I would definitely recommend The Christopher Pepper Chronicles: The Silver Soda by Chad Campbell. I bought it for my daughter and she really loved it! She was very thankful to me after she was done reading it. Now I'm waiting for the sequel(s) of the book, although I think that my daughter will find them first. Try it and I'm sure your kids will love it.

The Christopher Pepper Chronicles: The Silver Soda

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:55:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 12, 2012 11:55:45 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 8:56:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 13, 2012 8:57:51 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:42:18 PM PDT
Hm, I've been looking around myself until I finally found one (in this jungle genre). It's an enthralling YA fantasy book called SAGARIA that was published recently. It's a trilogy that I've shared with my two children (boy and girl age 8 and 10). I think it would appeal to teens and adults as well. I certainly enjoyed it after reading the last Harry Potter book. In has everything an engaging fairytale or fantasy book fan would appreciate. It's funny, cute, witty, scary, full of magic and has very 3-D characters which is easy to relate to and love. Another, relatively new book is called The Tides of Avarice -- A Sagaria Legend which is a kind of Redwall meets Pirates of the Caribbean (the latter, I would recommend for older kids as it quite violent at times but very hard to put down). Many women (mothers) like this particular book. It's very fresh, engaging, full of great morals and quite unlike anything I've ever read before.
I will look for some more new books to share. Kids and YA are getting pretty fastidious about what they want to read or listen to and I think it's important that they also extend their vocabulary at the same time they're having a wonderful fantasy adventure.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:43:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2012 5:32:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:47:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 3:49:40 PM PDT
@Michael: Self promotion of your book is against Amazon Terms of Service. The only place this is allowed is in the following forum:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

Readers in these fora don't tend to buy from authors that post against the guidelines. Thanks.

ETA: There are multiple posts at the beginning of this forum that warn against author self-promotion, please read those post. Again, thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 3:34:33 PM PDT
I recommend a golf adventure book for 8-12 year old, The Magic Driver. It's by author, Jason T. Ross. It's the only golf adventure book for this age group so it's pretty unique.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 8:11:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2012 8:14:22 PM PDT
"The Promised Land of Texas" is a super read for anyone and especially for children ages 10-14. It is based on real stories told by a grandmother to her granddaughter about the time her family came to Texas after the Civil War. There are no vampires or wizards in this book, however, so if that is what you are looking for this is not for you. But if you want a book based on true facts about traveling by wagon from Tennessee to Texas, then this is for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 8:23:47 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 18, 2012 6:08:45 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 3:12:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 6, 2012 1:31:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 3:32:09 PM PDT
@Elaine:
There is something very beneficial about getting a feel for a forum you are about to enter. There are multiple posts that state self-promotion is not only NOT welcome, but is against Amazon Terms of Service. Please either delete your link or your post. You are not entitled to free advertisements on a READER forum. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 4:52:33 AM PDT
I read this book, a real waste of a child's time, but more importantly a waste of money. Sad little book.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 4:56:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 5:02:59 AM PDT
Another little novelette, please have your child read material that will benefit your child. If this and been written on paper, I'd be lamenting the killing of a tree. Sad effort.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:02:08 AM PDT
My children tried to read Diary of a Stink Dog, contrary to "reviews'", they used it as an expensive coloring book. Never trust these self promoted author spammed efforts. You'll lose. Sad effort.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 5:07:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 7:17:38 AM PDT
Reported for abuse and placed on ignore. This book written,was by the poster, would you buy book written by someone who simply can not read, and understand that .self promotion on this site is prohibited. Sad commentary. The review is terrible.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:57:37 AM PDT
This book was published in Kindle format only recently. "The Storyteller from Crandolin"
It was written at the time by a 12 years old... recommended for 5-11 years old readers.
The Storyteller from Crandolin

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 7:04:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 7:14:30 AM PDT
If my grandchildren refused to eat their broccoli, then their punishment would be for themcto read dribble such as this.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  1084
Total posts:  1742
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2008
Latest post:  5 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 100 customers

Search Customer Discussions