Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Loved Dealing with Dragons series, what should I read to my 6 year old next?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2012 11:32:04 PM PDT
J. M. Tracy says:
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles: Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons

Posted on May 19, 2012 6:48:33 AM PDT
akaJune says:
I enjoy my 7 year old and I enjoy a series, Dragon Slayer's Academy. THey're well written, with a kind of quirky and sly humor.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 7:50:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 7:51:56 AM PDT
SJC says:
Try the Adventures of Katie Bubbles series, fast-paced and funny with a vocabularly building section included...

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 8:50:35 AM PDT
K. McNamara says:
Try Julie Andrews The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, Carolyn Kendall's The Gammage Cup, can't remember who wrote it, but Kenny and the Dragon is a retelling of Kenneth Grahame's classic The Reluctant Dragon.
Some other fantasy picks for this age:
Odo Hirsch's Bartlett and the Ice Voyage
Lloyd Alexander's The Book of Three
E Nesbit's Melisande.

Posted on May 19, 2012 10:12:38 AM PDT
Wayward says:
Dragon Slippers series by Jessica Day George?
Gail Carson Levine's twisted fairy tale books?

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 1:16:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 1:16:31 PM PDT
Agnes says:
Another user has already recommended other books by Gail Carson Levine. I recommend those same books, as well as Ella Enchanted. Like Patricia Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Levine's books have some humor.

E.D. Baker also has a series that might be of interest. The first book is The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess).

The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye

Posted on May 20, 2012 7:55:57 AM PDT
Marie Elaina says:
My Grand-Mom Told Me...
My Grand-Mom Told Me - Down by the Sea...: Book 2

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 11:05:08 AM PDT
Ms. P. says:
$16.95 for a Kindle book that's less than 30 pages??

Please, please, please check your contract with PublishAmerica and make SURE you aren't roped into it for another huge amount of years after the first time is up. Get out of it ASAP.

Besides that, you can't advertise your own book here. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page, and look for "Most Active Community Discussions." From there, click on "Meet Our Authors" and you will find a forum where you can both advertise and talk to other authors about the business.

Posted on May 20, 2012 8:52:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2012 8:55:02 PM PDT
Ellen says:
Try the Bubble Caper, by j e bearry. For beginning readers, he seems to be on the order of Dr. Seuss and just as fun. Illustrations are pretty good and reinforce the story. My son can place the word with the object in the picture. The bubbles are fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 8:34:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 8:36:37 AM PDT
Marie Elaina says:
For 'Teacher Mommy'...

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I implement computer systems and both my sons told me not to bother with writing - it's a waste of time! I want to prove them wrong, especially when a little girl received her highest grade in Reading and thanked me on Amazon! That encouraged me to keep writing. My stories are short - the 1st book has 15 stories, the 2nd one has 21 - the 3rd will have almost 40. Want a sample? I'll send you one - I have some left over from book signings. Thanks again for your input.

Posted on May 27, 2012 12:54:06 PM PDT
Ulyyf says:
I like to alternate styles of books in the same way I don't serve the same meal for dinner every night. After a fantasy series like the Dragon Chronicles I'd go with something more realistic. My six year old niece likes the Ramona books and The Birchbark House. Right now we're reading Swallows and Amazons, but there's a lot of colonialism in that book and a LOT of technical details about sailing ships to sift through.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  May 18, 2012
Latest post:  May 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions