Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Recently Published Children's Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2008 10:18:39 PM PST
Recommend a recently published children's book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2008 11:09:20 PM PST
Hi Brenda,
How about the Erie Canal Cousins Series. Book 1 is Erie Canal Cousins(2007) and Book2 is Three Weeks in Utica (2008). They are historical fiction. I am the author and there will be 3 more in the series.
Dorothy Stacy website: dorothystacy.com for more information.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2008 11:57:59 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 27, 2009 11:54:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 1:31:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 18, 2012 4:25:07 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 3:02:53 AM PST
Boric says:
3 New Fantasy reads:
Thornspell by Helen Lowe
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
Moribito Guardian of the Spirit by Nahoko Uehashi

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 6:57:32 AM PST
Kate Coombs says:
Savvy by Ingrid Law came out this summer and is a fun new fantasy read. If you don't mind children's horror, Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book (where he retells The Jungle Book, only the child who escapes his family's murderer is raised by ghosts!) is really good. Oh, and The Order of Odd-fish is a fun, funky book that came out a few months ago. Not sure what genre you're looking for, but my first choice is usually fantasy. The hottest thing in YA is the Twilight books (though the recent 4th book is pretty bizarre); the other hot new series is Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid and sequels (one so far). Alabama Moon by Watt Key has been out a year or two, but I just discovered it and thought it was terrific. That's a smattering for you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 10:06:58 AM PST
You gotta check out Dirty Chonies by Steve Vasquez if you have a 2nd-5th grade reader. It is a fun and entertaining story right along the lines of The Sandlot. My son loved it and I normally have to twist his arm to get him to read. Lots of laughed and a good underlying lesson.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 11:35:34 AM PST
Barbara G. says:
'Karate Cat' is a childrens storybook with vivid imaginative illustrations. I won't waste too much space talking about it here, just visit the amazon listing, it has everything you need. It is leaps and bounds better than any childrens book I have seen in the past few years. A blog is kept about the book here as well: http://cello-man.blogspot.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 12:32:37 PM PST
Wayward says:
What age group?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 4:03:08 PM PST
Emma says:
I recommend the Show and Tell Bible. It is stories from the first five books of the bible, the Books of Moses. It is on DVD, so you can watch it on your TV or computer. It comes with an activity booklet, (I Know My Bible) so kids can watch it, then answer questions and puzzles within the workbook. Kids love it!
Especially in the car... Rather have my kids watching something educational!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 7:26:03 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 4, 2011 11:25:09 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 8:35:45 PM PST
EBTighe says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 9:02:01 PM PST
If you're interested in picture books, here are a few of my favorites from 2008 (alphabetically by title):

ALWAYS WITH YOU by Ruth Van Der Zee
DOO-WOP POP by Roni Schotter
THE HOUSE OF JOYFUL LIVING by Roni Schotter
SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR A BETTER WORLD AND A HAPPIER LIFE by Rebecca Doughty
THE WORST BEST FRIEND by Alexis O'Neill

I hope this helps.
Jacqueline Golding, Ph.D.
Author of HEALING STORIES: PICTURE BOOKS FOR THE BIG AND SMALL CHANGES IN A CHILD'S LIFE

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 11:21:30 PM PST
This is turning out to be a wonderful and informative thread. Thanks to all that have participated so far. I'd like to recommend the following children's book recently published.

Author Eric Zehnder
The Child Who Learned Dreams Come True
ISBN 9781603830980

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2008 1:46:46 PM PST
Book Mom says:
Sweet Farts by Raymond Bean is hysterical. My 4th grader laughed until he cried. If you liked Frindle and 4th Grade Nothing, this book is just as funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2008 2:23:02 PM PST
Dj DeBaldo says:
Brenda,

The Fruit Flyz . This is something fresh and new, just released November, your kids will love the characters and interwoven throughout the story are good positive messages that parent and child can enjoy while reading the book

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2008 5:00:39 PM PST
My Prince The Wonder Dog Books are now on Amazon.
I've written these books to raise funds for my son who has Autism. This a print on demand book but is now sold on Amazon. http://www.jerryandfriends.com

Aaron
Mr.A.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2008 6:32:24 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 19, 2009 2:53:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2008 11:15:12 PM PST
A. Volta says:
Although, I'm not sure what age group you'd like, I have a new children's fable entitled, Patulous the Different Caterpillar. For children under 6 a parent would need to read the story, for 6 - 7 some assistance may be needed as the book has a rich vocabulary. Ages 8 and older may read and usually can read to a sibling. The story of Patulous seeks to teach children to accept differences in themselves and others. A great way to talk to children about what happens when you feel you don't belong or are excluded from a play group or recess. You can also see a book trailer on youtube to get an idea of the beautiful illustrations - type 'Patulous' in search.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 5:47:49 AM PST
I have to recommend Out of the Nursery by Elizabeth Gauthier, its brand new and very funny. Its a modern spin on nursery rhymes, my daughter loves it and I do to. If you don't have it yet you should take a look at it...I have yet to talk to someone that didn't appreciate its humor plus the illustrations are unique.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 11:13:39 AM PST
I love reading to my Grandchildren the new book Out of the Nursery it is fun and all 7 of them love it. The author is Elizabeth Gauthier and there is some funny twists on the classic nursery rhymes so even I enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 3:30:59 PM PST
Dirty Chonies by Steve Vasquez. It had my kids on the ground laughing and tought some very good lessons without making it obvious to the kids. Remember all of those warnings your parents gave you when you were growing up that were pretty rediculous (stop making that face or it will stick). this stpry takes the ball and runs with that. "What if" your underwear came to life because you wouldn't change them. Funny stuff to see what the author came up with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 7:38:30 AM PST
Gayle says:
The most entertaining new books this year for my kids have been the two RAYMOND AND GRAHAM books. (Raymond and Graham Rule the School, Raymond and Graham Dancing Dudes). About a 4th or 5th grade level of chapter books. Very funny!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 7:48:01 AM PST
I've actually written a children's book myself (but only could be found at Borders in PA, Maryland, and New York City). It's called Is Lydia Strange? It's a children's book on Aspergers Syndrome (BTW, I have AS). It's about a girl name Lydia who has trouble on her first day of school.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 9:45:40 AM PST
Hi Sarah, congratulations on your book! If it is appropriate for children under 10, I would be very interested in seeing a copy. I am the author of HEALING STORIES: PICTURE BOOKS FOR THE BIG AND SMALL CHANGES IN A CHILD'S LIFE. HEALING STORIES is a guide for adults to more than 500 picture books that help support children as they face new or challenging experiences. I'm often asked for books about various childhood concerns, and I don't know of any on Asperger's Syndrome. Also, HEALING STORIES has a website where each week, I post a review of a book that I recommend but that is not reviewed in HEALING STORIES (I don't think it would be OK with Amazon if I give the URL, but it is usually not too hard to find). I am in California, so Borders stores in PA, MD, and NYC are not accessible to me. Is there any other way to get a copy? If you would like to email me, you can do that through the HEALING STORIES website.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 69 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  1074
Total posts:  1724
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2008
Latest post:  23 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 98 customers

Search Customer Discussions