Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Found a new childrens book by a new author

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2012 4:32:41 PM PDT
Just wanted to share this book if you're looking for something different for a young child - say 5 to 8 maybe. I enjoyed it also and my neice loved it. It has pictures and is about a little girl and her family who lived in Oklahoma and how they went to a storm cellar when the weather got bad. Descriptive of tornadoes and storms but not really scary.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:25:29 AM PDT
Butterfly says:
I found this new childrens book by a new author as well. The author was a music teacher for ~40yrs and now retired and penned two childrens books. A Cat's Tale and Stray Big Adventure by Troas Alexander. Great books with unpredictable endings and timeless lessons!

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:41:46 PM PDT
Ivory says:
@ Doc do little, what is the name of the book you are talking about?
I found one that's free on Kindle. it's a nice bedtime story and I'm always looking for those. It's called My Happy Birthday by Mary Ryan.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 3:58:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 3:59:27 AM PDT
The title is Before the Twister Hits by Joy Stone who was also a teacher of 25 years. Sorry about not including the title. Can't believe I left that out. Guess I was so excited about the book, I forgot. Hope you'll like the book as much as we did. We've read it several times.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 1:57:42 PM PDT
Cristina says:
The Tree With No Branches by Johnny Knew is a wonderfully picture book about growing on the inside, growing what can't be seen, growing your roots deep. It's a wonderful story to read and has marvelous illustrations. You will love it. Here it is ... The Tree With No Branches (Johnny Knew's Children's Books)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 10:05:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 20, 2012 9:19:13 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 5:12:34 AM PDT
Sandra Brown says:
Try Felicia's Morning Tea such a cute book! My kids love it!

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:42:18 AM PDT
Marty says:
A message you can enjoy with your child, check out:

The Gross Greedy Goop: A Lesson For Humans

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 4:17:09 PM PDT
Michael,

Self-promotion is not allowed except in the MOA. Please stop.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 1:14:56 PM PDT
'Football is fantastic!' an ebook from the new author Paula McBride is a great little story for young children, aged around 6-9.
My son loved it! It's very funny and has a real dry humor to it.
Others must love it too because it's number 18 in the best sellers list for children, football.
I'd highly recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 5:36:31 AM PDT
I find this post to be a little disingenuous. Just like the thread that you started under the book asking if there are any more books written by this author. If you are savvy enough to start a thread under the book then you know enough about Amazon to click on the author's name to go to their Author Central page.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 6:59:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 29, 2012 7:03:22 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 6:30:07 AM PDT
Thanks nana Janet, you're right my other thread does come over a bit thick, I've realised! I obviously have looked at the author's page, but there were picture ebooks and a teenage ebook. What I was meant to be asking, are there any hardcover copies of her stories for the age range 6-9ish, as there is only one ebook for that age.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 1:47:35 PM PDT
Thanks for replying. This forum has been killed by spamming. There was an attempt to revive it several months ago that sadly has been unsuccessful. It saddens me to no end to see a forum dedicated to children killed by authors who self-promote their books to the point that readers now avoid the forum like the plague. I sincerely apologize if you aren't the author or connected to the author. I should probably give up and stay away as well. *shrug* It seems that giving up is difficult for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:38:11 PM PDT
jnstar says:
Nana Janet - Everything you said is true; it is sad to see. I miss the interesting discussions but definitely NOT the spamming.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 7:45:38 PM PDT
You would think that the authors who self-promote would realize that one can't advertise if all of the viewers have been driven away. So now they promote their books in a forum that no one visits. Sheesh. A little common sense would be helpful.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 1:59:07 PM PDT
Marysue says:
Try Herman The Dragon by R.T.Fox cute story.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 11:15:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 14, 2012 11:17:08 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 3:48:22 AM PDT
jnstar says:
Oppositional Defiant Disorder...
(Perhaps I should write a book on the topic!)
Working title: "Killing the Forum with Glee"!
Any other ideas for a title?

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:13:42 AM PDT
@jnstar
How about: "Hey, isn't my Baby Beautiful?" New author's are exuberant when their books are "delivered". It's hard to fathom that not everyone wants to see a picture! At the very least, there needs to be balance.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:19:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 20, 2012 4:29:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 8:57:49 AM PDT
Mike,

Out of curiosity did you read the posts directly above your comment? The ones that discuss the fact that self-promotional posts are a violation of Amazon's TOS. If you were really trying to get advice on a technical issue then I have to wonder why you did not ask this question in KDP instead of coming here and posting a link to your book. Please delete your post. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 9:24:30 AM PDT
ok i took mine down i'm was shrot and wasnt mean to borther anyone good luck geting rid of other 1000000000000000 people doing the same thing on here

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 3:29:05 PM PDT
You're correct. We won't be able to get rid of the other 1000000000000000 people that do this here. Which is exactly why this forum has died. Actually, it didn't just die. It was killed by endless, incessant self-promotional posts.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:48:37 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2012 5:51:57 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Recently Published Children's Books 1719 43 minutes ago
CHEVALIER: THE QUEEN'S MOUSEKETEER series (Fairy tale, fantasy, rhyming, bedtime story/picture book, for kids 4-10) 4 1 day ago
Children's Books:Children's Books:Children's Books 82 1 day ago
Exciting New Children's Books 7 1 day ago
Looking for a book/story about a courageous Rain drop 0 10 days ago
1960's Children's Book 30 12 days ago
Child in Wheelchair? 2 13 days ago
Please help with a title: boy and girl stranded on sinking island 24 17 days ago
Searching for Children's Illustrated book on farm animals through the seasons 2 18 days ago
Trying to remember a 1960's children's book about a dragon. 18 25 days ago
Daily Book Talk: Books for tweens - not young adults 58 25 days ago
I finished the Harry Potter Series with my 9yr-old - what do we read now??? 370 25 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions