Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Any aspiring writers want to collaborate with an aspiring illustrator?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2012 5:47:50 PM PDT
Hello, I am a graphic arts/teacher, and I am interested in getting into illustration. Any new or aspiring writer's want to collaborate?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 5:57:57 PM PDT
Random, you will have greater success if you ask this question in the MOA http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S . This a reader forum.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 12:10:28 PM PDT
jd says:
How about adding a link where we can see some samples of your work?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 3:09:42 PM PDT
Thank you for your reply, I wonder though, those people are already established and I would rather work with someone less seasoned.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 3:24:09 PM PDT
There are many new authors on the MOA. I believe the majority are self-published and many have only one book to their name. I recently downloaded a book (okay, she had been published before and I guess the rights reverted back to her) and there was no cover whatsoever. I believe many would take you up on your offer.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 12:48:54 PM PDT
I tried the MOA, topics get moved down the line and out of sight very quickly, and this forum seems like that won't happen.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 3:12:44 PM PDT
R. Tabb says:
Random, I think you would have better luck going to Goodreads and inquiring there.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 3:31:22 PM PDT
People keep suggesting other places, and they don't work.

the fact that someone downvoted my inquiry tells you the kind of bullying BS that goes on in these forums.

petty adults, so sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:21:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 8, 2012 9:00:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 8:59:05 PM PDT
Your inquiry doesn't belong here. That's why you were down voted and very likely your post was reported for abuse. These are the methods Amazon tells its customers to use. It is not bullying.

You have been told before that you aren't allowed to solicit outside of MOA, so don't be surprised at the down voted nor if Amazon deletes your post.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 8:44:22 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 8:45:13 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 8:45:34 PM PDT
this is the right place for things like the OP

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 8:45:56 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 8:46:20 PM PDT

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 9:13:38 PM PDT
Looks like whomper has a bad case of diarrhea.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 9:46:22 PM PDT
So sayeth Amazon.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 2:46:10 AM PDT
A. B. Syed says:
Fascinating discussion! Amazon does not say anything about illustrators does it?
Very telling post that no-one would bother to look in the Managing Our Authors section!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 7:59:05 AM PDT
>>Very telling post that no-one would bother to look in the Managing Our Authors section!<<

Where is the Managing Our Authors section?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 8:04:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2012 8:05:53 AM PDT
AB funny thing every other forum i post in here, they rant and whine and bully.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 8:05:07 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 8:05:35 AM PDT
this isnt solicitation you mook.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 8:34:18 AM PDT
Katya says:
@ Random This area is for readers to discuss children's books. While a few indie authors do post here, the posters are primarily readers. If you are looking for an author to collaborate with, you would be better off looking at author forums or getting involved with the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators.

Agents and editors of The Big 6 prefer to pick illustrators for picture books themselves rather than having submissions already illustrated. If you are interested in getting involved in picture book illustration, you can get more information from SCBWI or Writer's Digest.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 8:40:19 AM PDT
Katya, I will look into that.
But to address your first point;
I understand how pissy some readers get that there are indie spammers everywhere, that being said, there is no harm nor any reason I or those like me should not be able to inquire as i have done.
The responses I have seen demonstrate a rampant sort of territoriality and childish protectiveness of the forums that is, frankly disgusting. would we really want out kids growing up to be such snots?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 10:18:41 AM PDT
Apparently you wouldn't mind your child growing up to call someone a mook.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions