Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

ERMALINDA, 1950s or earlier please help!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 29, 2009 7:06:48 PM PST
Samantha says:
Hi! My mom who is now 70 loved this book when she was young, she says it was an oblong book, possibly with padded covers with a girl named Ermalinda? I would be so thankful if anyone could help with this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2009 12:14:38 AM PST
Tara Clayton says:
Is it The Dancing Queen by Rudy Finst?

Posted on Jun 26, 2009 10:40:43 AM PDT
J. Reiss says:
The book the Dancing Queen by Rudy Finst was written by my great grandfather. My father's middle name is Finst. The Dancing Queen is about Queen Ermalinda who teaches dancing to little children in her castle. They are performing a recital and Queen Ermalinda wants children from other cultures to be in it, so she goes around the world finding children to sing and play. I myself have a few copies handed down from my grandmother, Sheila, who is mentioned in the book, and a few copies from my Aunt. They are not for sale, but you can find some copies on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 8:14:56 AM PST
I have a copy that has Rudy Finst as autho BUT Jean Tack as Illstruator and Newcome Linder as Publisher from Shebogan Falls the Book is smaller and colors are differant but very similer also it was published in 1944. do you have any info about this book. Joe iwasjoe@att.net
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Recently Published Children's Books 1740 18 days ago
Exciting New Children's Books 11 18 days ago
Reading to children as moral obligation (Neil Gaiman) 1 23 days ago
Children's Books: Self Esteem, Beauty, Being Different, etc 67 Jun 1, 2015
Books for kids that want to become doctors? 9 May 18, 2015
Need help figuring out title 1 May 18, 2015
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open up their imagination? 0 May 17, 2015
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open their imagination? 0 May 17, 2015
New Children Book - I Am Mai 0 May 11, 2015
Trying to remember title of a children's book - can only remember main character is a very blue, very bony guy 1 Apr 28, 2015
A Spider's HeaART - A Story About A Vegetarian Spider Artist 0 Apr 28, 2015
Even Superheroes Have to Sleep - A Children's Book 0 Apr 26, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 29, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions