Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

illustrating children's books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 29, 2012 6:59:31 PM PDT
monerva says:
The other night, while procrastinating formatting my nonfiction book project for kindle, I found my myself thinking of my 2 1/2 year old grandson. Before I knew it, I had written what I think was a pretty good children's book. My problem is how to go about having it illustrated, for I have absolutely no drawing skills.

Does anyone have any ideas, and/or experience in this area? Everyone I've shared it with thinks I should try to publish it, but I'm out of my league, and genre, and have no idea how to procede.

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 9:20:02 PM PDT
Wayward says:
I think this probably belongs in an author's forum. But from what I know, publishers prefer to find their own illustrator. So you need to start by finding a publisher interested in it. :-)

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 2:53:09 AM PDT
Take it to scholl and let the kids illustrate it.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:14:51 AM PDT
fivrr.com ($5.00) or elance.com or odesk.com or 99designs.com - you only pay if you like

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 8:16:55 PM PDT
Book Epicure says:
You can try Xlibris self-publishing....they have children's book publishing package inclusive of illustrations and listing in Amazon etc. + a few free copies for yourself to keep......You can check out this title for the quality of their illustrations: How The Hungry T-Rex Got Fixed

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 6:39:51 PM PDT
D. Hicks says:
As Wayward says, publishers generally prefer to find their own illustrators.

(Of course, if you were considering self-publishing that's another matter.)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 12:05:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 12:06:24 AM PDT
I was worried about finding an illustrator for my picture book manuscripts when I first started, but was relieved to learn that, unless you're a talented author/illustrator, publishers definitely DO NOT want to see artwork submitted with a manuscript. Many have their own stable of artists and very much enjoy matching up authors with illustrators.

As mentioned by others, self-publishing is a whole different kettle of fish and you'd probably have to do some sort of work for hire arrangement with an illustrator (who you'd find on your own).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 3:28:17 PM PDT
Greetings. There is a brand new book out which my wife has done illustrations for. Her name is Tracey Hudson and the name of the book is, "Boogers Day Out". If you like her stuff, you can write to her at soulsinger66@yahoo.com to see if maybe the two of you could work something out.

Peace

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:33:19 AM PDT
B.M.Killaire says:
Go to Freelancers .com They have illustrators, cover designers, editors. everything.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:41:42 AM PDT
B.M.Killaire says:
Take a look at my books. The first one was done by the publisher. The second by me. Let me know what you think. Thank you. B.M. Killaire Author and Illustrator

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:46:03 AM PDT
B.M.Killaire says:
Sorry everyone I just remember I am not allowed to say my name or my books. Sorry again I was just trying to help this women out with her book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 6:20:34 AM PDT
chris says:
Hi Monerva, I'm children's book illustrator. my website is caisairbrush.com , please, contact me for more details. thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 11:24:39 AM PDT
T. M. Novak says:
The Red Headed MonsterI had my 14 year old son illustrate mine. I thought it would be unique in doing so, also he loves to draw so he enjoyed it. If your interested, check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 5:41:59 PM PDT
cathyr says:
Spam #2 - MOA is your friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 9:00:52 PM PDT
T. M. Novak says:
actually re-read the post all knowing Cathyr...it is a response to the thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 3:28:57 PM PDT
cathyr says:
Rubbish. You spammed. It's against Amazon's guidelines. And doing it over and over again is arrogant.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions