Customer Discussions > Children's Movie forum

Kids educational videos.... Help please!

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Jul 17, 2008 5:13:57 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 59 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2008 5:51:22 PM PDT
The Kid Guides TV series is perfect for what you describe. The series is not commonly known yet, but it should grow. They have two tween hosts traveling to different animal parks and museums. It teaches about different types of science, animals, and whatever they encounter along the way at the educational institutions.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2008 10:13:19 PM PDT
The DVDs in the "Lots and Lots of" series are really great for all ages and family viewing. Lots & Lots of Playful Penguins is entertaining and educational teaching about all 17 kinds of penguins. The Fire Trucks videos teach fire safety and have cool songs. The Trains and Trucks are just great music videos with singalong songs by James Coffey. Try the penguins it is worth the money

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2008 8:38:18 PM PDT
C. Leyburn says:
Don't forget to add music to your growing list. The Amazing Music DVD series (volumes 1-4)done by the Dallas Symphony are wonderful in introducing anyone to the symphony orchestra. The Composers' Specials carries a series of 6 DVDs about composers' lives; my personal favorites are Bach's Fight for Freedom and Handel's Last Chance. Beethoven Lives Upstairs is another great DVD to learn about famous classical composers. Carnival of the Animals narrated by Gary Burghoff is fantastic in linking literature and classical music. Any of the Reading Rainbow DVDs are excellent, but a bit pricy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2008 3:27:07 AM PDT
Eric Edwards says:
Get the complete Voyagers!, for the history lessons and He-Man and She-Ra are great too!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2008 11:18:49 AM PDT
Check out some educational dvd rental companies on the internet.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2008 12:59:12 AM PDT
Do you have any website addresses for these? Also are these downloadable or are they only by post. I live in a country where it is not easy to get hold of things and have to either get them by post or view them online.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 12:21:41 AM PDT
For animals try Lots and Lots of Penguins - it's fun and educational and it jus t won a Kids First award. Teaches all about the 17 different species of Penguins and has some fun segments too. You'll hear how all the penguins sound, learn where they live see what they look like etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 9:45:25 AM PDT
Kathy L.Hall says:
I recommend the 30th Anniversary edition of Schoolhouse Rock. I have the dvd and I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 12:41:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2008 12:43:44 PM PDT
<3 Mochi says:
Captain Planet or Magic School Bus was always a childhood favorite of mine. There's also Arthur, Rupert, Shining time station, Reading Rainbow, Mr Rodgers neighborhood, lamb chops. .

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2008 2:09:52 PM PDT
Stevens says:
Take a look at anything by Getting To Know, Inc., www.gettingtoknow.com.
art and history related. Loved by teachers

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2008 1:51:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2008 1:55:23 PM PDT
CS says:
"Emma's Extravagant Expedition ~ A Vocabulary Building Adventure"
educational children's DVD for early learning, reading, and advanced vocabulary building.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2008 12:38:52 AM PDT
Hi,
I bought the history channels productions on the Revolution and Civil War and my 7 year loved them, A fun yet unusual one is called Full Metal Corset which is about the women of the time and how they helped both North and South (sometimes as double agents) and their struggles not to get caught.
School House Rocks is still one of the best because of the little dittys they sing and they have History,Science, Grammar,Multiplication and money rocks they also have computer games that compliment the videos.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 12:41:06 PM PST
Jivana says:
you might try koolkidz music videos (they're on youtube)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 4:44:10 PM PST
Try the Lots and Lots of Series - they have excellent programs on fire trucks, safety, animals, etc

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 9:24:19 AM PST
Check out Exploracise Gymathtics! It is a fun educational DVD for kids.
They learn math and healthy lifestyle concepts during a 30 minute workout.
The math facts target the 5-12 age group and children of all ages can do the
exercise routine. It is fun for the entire family!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 9:25:09 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 23, 2009 10:13:59 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2009 12:59:55 PM PST
Have you Seen Polyphony Be You And Accept Me Too! it is a sesame street style series with fairy tales and cartoons as well as learning segments even teaches kids to recyle by using puppets. My kids love it

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2009 8:25:32 AM PDT
Andrea Blain says:
There's a wonderful series called Families of the World from Master Communications about children's lives in different countries - narrated by kids themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2009 1:22:18 PM PDT
L. Sattler says:
Our DVD has the title "Baby, Toddler and Preschool Sign Language", however it is meant to be instructional for older children and parents of young children. Consumers who have bought our DVD have told us that it was very helpful as a basic Sign Language course and even high school and college students have used it to help them with their foreign language credits when they take a basic ASL course.

Perhaps you would like to check it out or any other instructional sign language courses geared for the older kids?

Good luck!

Posted on Jun 2, 2009 3:25:37 PM PDT
I just finished up a new cartoon called Captain Mac.A.Roni: "The Greatest Treasure". This episode teaches character building through forgiveness. Its great fun and very entertaining. Animation with anime style and some 3D... the kids will love it! Hope this helps:

The Cheesy Adventures of Captain Macaroni: The Greastest Treasure

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2009 8:34:30 AM PDT
Post Cards from Buster is a fun show that introduces kids to actual lifestyes and cultures of real kids of different backgrounds. It covers several cultures and religions hosted by Buster from the Arthur series. He sends movies about the kids he meets on his travels to his friends back home. While showing other how others live, it also teaches a message such as perserverance, or getting along with others, or friendly competition.

Posted on Jun 4, 2009 8:39:46 AM PDT
L. Sattler says:
I agree with a previous poster.... TRIPFLIX is fabulous. Especially, if you have a car DVD system or have a portable DVD to take with you for vacations, hospital stays, etc. TRIPFLIX is very educational and exceptionally interactive. I showed it to a group students who loved it! HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRIPFLIX-

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 11:01:34 AM PDT
Try going to Disney's Educational Productions website

http://dep.disney.go.com/index.html.

They have got a lot of great stuff - Most of it they don't even release to general public. You can do general searches, 'jiminy cricket'. Goofy etc. This should turn up a few items. Also, it looks like they have a ton of Bill Nye videos

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2009 12:56:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2009 12:57:48 PM PDT
S. Kennedy says:
Emma's Extravagant Expedition (DVD) by Word Smart Productions - great new tool for advanced vocabulary building.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2009 1:38:24 PM PDT
Try BBC Series in DVD, you cannot go wrong with them. They have many series including the history, science, animals etc. Amazon carries most of them.

Ebru G.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Movie forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions