Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Children's Movie forum

Educational videos- homeschoolers, special needs, preschoolers...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2008 1:46:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2008 1:53:00 PM PDT
Hello,

I own Signing Families and we have made a successful DVD that is readily available on AMAZON titled "Baby, Toddler, and Preschool Sign Language" presented by Louise Sattler and Friends. But, this is not your ordinary baby signing video!

Unlike other signing videos this one is to instruct adults and older children how to use sign language and to be sign language models for younger children or help communication skills with those with special needs such as Down Syndrome or Autism. We have had excellent feedback ( see our website at www.Signingfamilies.com)

Our bonus features includes the ABC's and Numbers to ten in Sign Language as we recognized that it is important for people to be able to have basic communication skills with the deaf population (Sign Language is the fourth most common language in the United States!) We have included some Spoken Spanish with signs, too. This is simply a bonus feature.

Why did we make this type of sign language video and not have one that was geared to be entertaining to the preschool or toddler aged crowd? (Although I am told that young children to enjoy this video although there is no animation!)

First, I have taught workshops for many years to parents with typically developing children who wished to learn to sign with their young children in order to promote spoken language.

Secondly, I also have worked as a School Psychologist with families, educators and therapists who work with children with special needs. These families often need to have a way to learn to sign without leaving their child as daycare for a special needs child can be difficult to obtain.

Lastly, I also recognized that most of us are limited on time and money. Thus, making a "user friendly" DVD that taught the basics of sign language and was affordable was very important to Signing Families!

Check us out yourselves! And thank you for reading this post.
Have a great day!

Louise Sattler
www.Signingfamilies.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Movie forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 26, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions