Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Papal Infallacy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2010 8:38:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010 8:40:52 AM PST
Cindy Marie says:
I have seen several times on these forums where people have shown the pope to be wrong about certain things. Then they claimed that that showed papal infallacy was bunk.

but then, Catholics would jump to the rescue of the pope and say that papal infallacy has to be "invoked" otherwise the pope can say or do some things that are wrong.

so the question is, why doesn't the pope just invoke papal infallacy and leave it on? Does he want to be wrong at times? Does god want him to be wrong at times. if you really have the power of invoking infallibility then why not just use that power ALL THE TIME? Why take the chance of doing or saying something wrong that can lead millions of devote catholics astray when all you have to do is use the power of infallibility?

Why does the pope take a chance at being wrong when he has the power to be right all the time if he would just use it? Shouldn't we use the abilities god has given us? If so, then why doesn't the pope?

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 3:24:58 PM PST
AC Dust says:
cindy, have discernment

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 3:38:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010 3:39:40 PM PST
Cindy Marie, Like Moses, who said, "The people come to ME to consult with GOD", (Exodus 18:15) God has indeed spoke and taught infallibly through certain and select of His creatures, and as Christ affirmed to Peter, "Flesh and Blood have NOT revealed this Truth to you, BUT it has come from My Father in HEAVEN.", by having given Peter alone the keys of the Kingdom to act in place of the King, (Matthew 16:16-19, Isaiah 22:22), God continues to speak and teach infallibly through Peter and his office on faith and morals, (Acts 15:12, Matthew 16;18), for infallibility only means protection against teaching error, as Christ promised that Peter would Feed the flock of God, (John 21:17) not with error, but truth, especially when there is much debating among the flock. (Acts 15:12, Matthew 16:18, John 16:13, 1 Timothy 3:15, Ephesians 3:10), but in matters of personal opinion, yes, Peter's successor is not infallible. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood, Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 3:46:48 PM PST
AC Dust says:
the papal system is not based on the truth of God..though they hold fast to the name, they deny the power

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 3:49:01 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 9, 2011 9:43:20 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 3:55:00 PM PST
Iatric says:
I may be getting the Catholic words wrong, but seems to me they say that the Pope is only infallible when it comes to matters of "ex cathedra" (is that right???). And I read somewhere that there have only been two or three things that were said under papal infallibility.

But you have to admit, it's a nice scam to be able to declare yourself infalliable and the people have to accept it. I think it's hilarious for a Pope to decree... from now on, the pope is infallible.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 3:59:21 PM PST
Alexander, Yes it is, for just as God spoke and taught infallibly through Moses and his office, so too Peter and his, alone given the keys of the Kingdom to act in final place of the King, (Matthew 16:18, Acts 15:12) as Christ's Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth, (1 Timothy 3:15) as God's manifold wisdom is revealed through it. (Ephesians 3:10), for "It is NOT flesh and Blood that have revealed this Truth to you, BUT it has come from MY Father in Heaven.", (Matthew 16;16-19) as Christ commaned Peter to feed His flock, not error, but truth, (John 21:17) epecially when there is much debating. (Acts 15;12, Matthew 16:18, Luke 22:31). Peace always in His Most Precious Blood, Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:02:30 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:02:33 PM PST
Analyst, You mean like the WOMAN who gave birth to Jesus, being alive and well in Heaven wearing her crown a Queen Mother of the King, (1 Kings 2, Luke 1:35, Revelation 12:1,2,5) and how Only Mary was saluted by Heaven as being full of grace PRIOR to the annunciation. (luke 1:43) to her Whom He has done MIGHTY things! Peace always in His Most Precious BLood. I have to go now, I am coming down with a terrible Bieber

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:03:34 PM PST
Iatric, tell me about it, as Moses affirmed, "The people come to ME to consult with GOD.", (Exodus 18:15). Peace always in His Most Precious Blood, Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:04:18 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:05:51 PM PST
Analyst, You mean like how only Simon is renamed rock, (John 1:42) alone the command over all the flock of God, (John 21:17) and alone the keys of the Kingdom to act in place of the King, (matthew 16:16-19, Isaiah 22:22) and office by the way, that was succeeded. (Isaish 37;2). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 4:09:16 PM PST
AC Dust says:
CHRIST IS THE ROCK

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:13:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010 4:14:27 PM PST
Terry L says:
Some base their faith on Christ; some base their faith on a man. Personally, I'm with you, I would choose Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:24:16 PM PST
mrs exp says:
latric,
Do you suppose that that would work for me. I am infallible when I speak from the kitchen. Did it work?
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:48:28 PM PST
emac says:
Cindy

Its another brilliant Chrisitan scheme: If the Pope does something that turns out to be good or says something that happens to come true, then he can say the switch was "on" and deem himself of God. But if the Pope does something that turns out to be wrong or says something that does not come true, well.....then.....he can say the switch was "off" and that he was merely acting as a human.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 4:51:58 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 9, 2011 9:43:21 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 7:11:54 PM PST
Alexander, Indeed, Christ is the ETERNAL Rock, (Psalm 89) and Peter and Abraham , ( Matthew 16:16-19, John 1:42, Cephas is Aramaic for ROCK, Isaiah 51;1,2), are God's earthly rocks. Peace always in His Most Precious Blood, Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 7:15:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010 7:15:42 PM PST
Terry, Yet, we rely on a bible, written by men, and all of Israel obeyed Joshua, a mere MAN, (Numbers 27:18-20), as did the Whole assembly fall silent, as God spoke infallibly through Peter, as Peter, the sole keeper of the keys of the Kingdom, put an end to all the debating, since "Scripture alone" could not, by the authority Christ vested him. (Acts 15:12, Matthew 16:18). Peace always in Jesus our Great God and Saviour and all thanks to His Most Precious Blood

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 5:33:14 AM PST
Cindy Marie says:
okay so the pope can be wrong at times either because the infallacy things only applies to certain areas of this teachings or because the infallacy thing in only in force at certain times or whatever. But the pope isn't always correct in everything even according to catholics.

but here is the thing? if even the pope isn't always right then why do the catholics here on this forum think they themselves can never ever ever ever ever be wrong? why do they think they are more infallible than their own pope?

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 7:08:56 AM PST
Esgaldil says:
The rare times that infallibility have been invoked by the Pope are pretty much what you would expect, assuming that Jesus can tell the Pope when to speak ex cathedra and also that Jesus is a good Jewish son. "You can say what you want about everything else, but make sure everybody knows that these things are %100 eternally true - My mother never had sex and she never died."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
451 29 days ago
To what extent do Literalist ID/Creationists End Times fundamentalists threaten Christianity: Part the Third 4536 1 second ago
Is Satan real and do you know about him? 148 1 minute ago
Catholicism in not based on Jesus Christ. 344 4 minutes ago
We are Living in the Last Days - A Biblical Prophecy Discussion Part Three 546 7 minutes ago
Christians Talking to Christians about Christianity. 3382 18 minutes ago
Mary was Hairless -- Part XV 813 22 minutes ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 489 34 minutes ago
Did the Church Fathers believe in "Sola Scriptura"? 35 35 minutes ago
"If we are lovers of the light we adore it in whatever lamp it may become manifest" 815 42 minutes ago
Jesus, Judas and Mary Magdalene in a love triangle 63 56 minutes ago
All you need to know to obtain salvation... 313 1 hour ago
ARRAY(0x9ef93cd8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions