The arguments against Mary's sinlessness:
1) Romans 3:23 -- doesn't apply to Mary
2) Infinite Regress of Sinless Grannies -- patently silly.
3) "It's not in the Bible" -- doesn't have to be, although God's holiness, sinners' inability to withstand God's glory, and OT Marian typology, all of which are in Scripture, point to it.
4) "Only Catholics believe it." -- That's an argument?
5) "Catholics didn't believe it until 1854." -- History proves otherwise.
6) Luke 1:47 -- God saved Mary from sin by keeping sin from entering her when she was conceived. Mary then continued, eventually saying, "(F)or he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).
7) Luke 2:22-24: Mary and Joseph offered two turtledoves because a woman who'd had a baby was RITUALLY UNCLEAN. Having a baby is NOT a sin (aborting one is).
Did I leave anything out?
Recent discussions in the Christianity forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|629||13 days ago|
|The Watchers||410||4 seconds ago|
|Boy Scouts of America President: "Ban of Gay Leaders Unsustainable"||74||1 minute ago|
|"If we are lovers of the light we adore it in whatever lamp it may become manifest"||1671||5 minutes ago|
|The Evangelical Christian doctrine of Sola Scriptura is unbiblical.||251||9 minutes ago|
|Seriously starting to change my mind about atheism. Can someone tell me why I'm wrong||2424||11 minutes ago|
|What about the rapture?||155||29 minutes ago|
|Marijuana legalization and Christianity, what's a good Christian to do?||13||36 minutes ago|
|Can Christianity be saved from the harm done by Literalist ID/Creationist End Times fundies: Part the Eighth||2946||38 minutes ago|
|Why are Jesus's miracles so unimpressive?||818||44 minutes ago|
|Cestdei says "Matt Shepard Molested Two Boys so Duggar's Molestation is a non-issue"||0||45 minutes ago|
|Christian religious liberty under attack||4747||46 minutes ago|