Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

"Christianity is a great religion. Too bad I've never met a Christian." -Anonymous

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 9:00:44 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 4:11:36 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:14:03 PM PST
why dont you post this tripe in the atheist forum
somebody there might care what you thnk

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:39:18 PM PST
Blu Boy says:
horse,

I care, I am someone, I am here.

Sorry, your blanket statements ought to be shown to be false.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:19:11 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:42:18 AM PST
Panama Steve says:
Christianity has done more good for this world than all the religions and governments combined. It is the love that Christ put in the hearts of his followers that has created the red cross; higher education; missions that feed the poor and needy in every city in America and across the world. Are Christians perfect?, no but they follow a perfect Christ, who has changed and is changing them from glory to glory into his image. Even the Apostle Paul, who wrote 2/3 of the new testament knew that he hadn't arrived yet when he said "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"(Rom 7:24) No you won't find perfection in any christian, but you will in the Christ they serve.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:39:42 AM PST
Jack, "yet the Christian Father Damien is a hero to me and those he helps", -Ghandi. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:15:24 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 4:11:46 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:19:03 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 4:11:50 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:19:26 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:28:48 AM PST
Jack, yet it was Ghandi who made the "dumb" point that some indeed are good and practicng Christians pleasing to him and God. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:33:36 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 4:12:17 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:02:59 AM PST
But all gotta do is say I believe in Jeebus, and I'm going to heaven....right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:09:55 PM PST
Brian Curtis says:
Criticism of Christianity has everything to do with Christianity, and therefore will ALWAYS belong in this forum.

Quit whining, Horsie. It's getting you nowhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:11:52 PM PST
No one has been able to figure out where your posts belong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:16:11 PM PST
Rev Otter says:
<<No one has been able to figure out where your posts belong.>>

you're looking for an answer beyond "on ignore"?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:05:20 PM PST
Craig says:
Have you sold all you have and given it to the poor yet Matthew?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:06:22 PM PST
Craig says:
I'll give you a hint, it goes with cheese.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:56:25 PM PST
Jack, Indeed, the point is many indeed do practice what Christ and His Church teaches, as Damien had many follow in his foosteps volunteering as did Mother Teresa and those who followed her and Doris Day and those who followed her lead of good works. So much for the "dumb" saying and thread "I have never met a good Christian", after all, what some do does not make the whole. Anyway, God will have thef inal say on who does and does not practice Christianity. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:58:30 PM PST
Craig, Not yet, working on it. (matthew 19;21, 2 Peter 3:14), How about you? but until then, I keep striving for that holiness without which no one can see the Lord. (Hebrews 12;14, James 2:24, Revelation 2:23, Luke 10:37, 1 Corinthians 13;2). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:18:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 4:13:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:29:09 PM PST
Craig says:
Matthew L. Broderick says: "How about you?"

Never gunna happen. But then, I am not a Christian.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:58:15 PM PST
Jack,

The Christians you are seeking have no reason to wear their beliefs on their shirtsleeves. They aren't the noisy, clanging gongs but the ones that quietly go about their lives do what they have been called to do: taking care of their neighbors, being "role models" by default of their actions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:04:26 PM PST
Jack, and you have an opinion problem, as God shall have the final say on who is a practicing Christian, not you. (Matthew 12:36, Luke 6;37,38). The "few" is indeed your opinion. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:06:07 PM PST
Craig, I am trying, but again, until then, I will keep striving for that holiness without which no one can see the Lord. (Hebrews 12;14, Luke 10:37, Revelation 2:23, Matthew 5;7, 1 Corinthians 13;2, Matthew 19:17). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:45:08 PM PST
"Jesus was a revolutionary."

Jesus never led a revolution, a revolt, or an insurrection of any kind. He never started a single armed conflict.

Criticizing hypocrisy, or reminding people to help the poor as God has commanded, or criticizing Hellenized Jews for not being righteous enough, does not count as "revolution". It is actually the opposite.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
996 3 days ago
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian. 2732 9 seconds ago
Why Did Jesus Suffer and Die? 820 1 minute ago
Is Graham Hancock right in thinking a relatively advanced civilisation left Sundaland to bring its greater knowledge to countries in the Middle East? 23 2 minutes ago
We are living in the Last Days! A Biblical Prophecy Discussion. 6319 11 minutes ago
Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses 1044 14 minutes ago
"If there is a GOD, he will have to beg for my foregiveness." 7030 16 minutes ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the Tenth 8735 33 minutes ago
Part 2- the Newer Thread 2283 36 minutes ago
Warning about goblueresurrection 684 1 hour ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXIV 2088 1 hour ago
Bishop Spong on the Messiah Concept and its Distortion 371 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions