The arguments against Mary's sinlessness:
1) Romans 3:23 -- doesn't apply to Mary
2) Infinite Regress of Sinless Grannies -- patently silly.
3) "It's not in the Bible" -- doesn't have to be, although God's holiness, sinners' inability to withstand God's glory, and OT Marian typology, all of which are in Scripture, point to it.
4) "Only Catholics believe it." -- That's an argument?
5) "Catholics didn't believe it until 1854." -- History proves otherwise.
6) Luke 1:47 -- God saved Mary from sin by keeping sin from entering her when she was conceived. Mary then continued, eventually saying, "(F)or he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).
7) Luke 2:22-24: Mary and Joseph offered two turtledoves because a woman who'd had a baby was RITUALLY UNCLEAN. Having a baby is NOT a sin (aborting one is).
Did I leave anything out?
Recent discussions in the Christianity forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|620||Feb 14, 2015|
|How to tell true Born Again Christians from the Counterfeits...Part Five||7533||1 minute ago|
|Can Christianity be saved from the harm done by Literalist ID/Creationist End Times fundies: Part the Seventh||7856||41 minutes ago|
|Part 6 - the new thread||4571||53 minutes ago|
|Our Redemption Draweth Nigh... God's Prophetic clock is counting down!||1127||1 hour ago|
|Catholicism is based on Jesus Christ- Part 9||9563||1 hour ago|
|The Restored Church of Jesus Christ||3360||2 hours ago|
|Things Biblegod can't do||75||2 hours ago|
|What comes after the Thousand Year Reign of Christ?||15||3 hours ago|
|The Historical Jesus||8626||4 hours ago|
|what is purgatory, does it exist?||2025||4 hours ago|
|Humans did NOT evolve from Apes...2||1455||4 hours ago|