The arguments against Mary's sinlessness:
1) Romans 3:23 -- doesn't apply to Mary
2) Infinite Regress of Sinless Grannies -- patently silly.
3) "It's not in the Bible" -- doesn't have to be, although God's holiness, sinners' inability to withstand God's glory, and OT Marian typology, all of which are in Scripture, point to it.
4) "Only Catholics believe it." -- That's an argument?
5) "Catholics didn't believe it until 1854." -- History proves otherwise.
6) Luke 1:47 -- God saved Mary from sin by keeping sin from entering her when she was conceived. Mary then continued, eventually saying, "(F)or he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).
7) Luke 2:22-24: Mary and Joseph offered two turtledoves because a woman who'd had a baby was RITUALLY UNCLEAN. Having a baby is NOT a sin (aborting one is).
Did I leave anything out?
Recent discussions in the Christianity forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|1052||8 days ago|
|Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV||6676||3 minutes ago|
|My Mob's pub and coffee shop. Part the Eleventh||7553||3 minutes ago|
|Transgender Individuals||5596||5 minutes ago|
|What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss.||8704||8 minutes ago|
|The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian.||6090||12 minutes ago|
|Dispensations and the Gospels, Part Two||7137||17 minutes ago|
|Catholicism is based on Jesus Christ - Part 11||241||32 minutes ago|
|Jesus never "died for our sins"||1700||33 minutes ago|
|Eternal life is obtained through faith in the atonement Jesus made.||4848||47 minutes ago|
|Christian Friends with Books (Part One)||286||50 minutes ago|
|Yes, There Are Women Priests, and The Vatican Wishes There Weren't||125||1 hour ago|