Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Jesus and kenosis

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 4:56:52 AM PDT
Sir Pugsly says:
Jesus is God....but set aside His powers....some say poured Himself out to the Father. There is a whole theory of "kenosis". Does anyone here know anything about it?

My view is that....Jesus is God....God is Perfect Justice and Mercy.....as God "plays out" His perfect mercy Jesus restrains His great powers and humbles Himself.........it is not such a stretch of the imagination to see that Jesus "set aside" His powers in such a way that He had to exercise Faith, Hope and Charity before the Father.

Now, if Jesus is exercising Faith and Trust in the Father.....then perhaps He healed people who weren't IMMEDIATELY healed.....and He cursed a fig tree that didn't show signs of withering RIGHT AWAY.....and He went into the desert and was at the point of starvation when the Father sent angels to care for Him.....and Jesus had great secrets of the endtimes withheld and other consolations too.

Jesus exercised Perfect Mercy and Courage....but let's never forget that He exercised TRUST in the Father at all times

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:19:31 AM PDT
Rubedo says:
Kenosis is the self emptying, the ego transcending. It requires trust but also love. That is our biggest challenge. Who loves enough to abandon self desires, reputation?

Out greatest lesson.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 4:54:31 AM PDT
Sir Pugsly says:
Rubedo..... "Kenosis is a self emptying"

Boyd....I've always looked at kenosis as Infinite Mercy pouring out like water from the throne of God.....but now that you mention it....I guess it could very well apply to us too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:31:43 AM PDT
jesus is the Son of God the Father
Jesus is not God
they are two separate entities
read your bible
dont parrot the popes pagan propaganda

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:37:03 AM PDT
Harry Marks says:
andthehorseirodeinontoo?

if you make the same point often enough, does that make you a parrot?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:44:35 AM PDT
Harry Marks says:
Rubedo -

There is some good work going on about what self-emptying means. I have never been totally comfortable with the concept, since if we are empty of self, it appears we might be empty, period. But I get the idea. We are to take the value of others as our true self, and the priorities and viewpoint of God as our true priority. Most certainly it requires trust, in others to do right, as God acting in them, for example.

I am not very good at it. But then, as I get better, I care less, for my own sake. I don't see that my clumsiness on this matter is very important, in the grand scheme of things. Rather it is the things that I "could have done" for others that I mind. And I guess that is the point.

I think the point is that it has its greatest effect when it is able to be meaningful, and for that, trust in others to see our kenosis through God's eyes is the most direct kind of trust.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:20:25 AM PDT
only when you are wrong like you are

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:23:15 PM PDT
Lao Tzu says:
Perhaps Jesus did not have the same concentration of midichlorians in his blood stream as say, Emperor Palpatine, and therefore could not use The Force, to effectively wither the fig tree.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 4:34:04 PM PDT
Sir Pugsly says:
I am deeply honored that professional trolls pay a visit to my humble thread.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions