Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Pope Benedict is resigning! Hope for the RC!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2013 12:36:00 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
This is the best news, I think, that Catholics may have received since that sad day when this pope was elected. Now there is some hope once more for the largest Christian denomination on earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 12:45:24 PM PST
M. Galishoff says:
Anne

Now why do you say this? Why is this pope any different from other popes? And, as I have not been watching the news, do you know why?

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 12:54:57 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 12:55:44 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
Mitch, do you know anything about this pope?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 12:57:43 PM PST
Can we take him at his word, he is tired? I don't know. Just asking. Hasn't happened since "the Middle Ages" one article said.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:19:13 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:27:03 PM PST
Ironically, it was the Douay Rheims translation, alone among ALL versions, that showed me the way to understanding the Betrayal mythology. I knew it was a cover story for the succession, of James to Jesus, already, but John 13:18 gave me trouble. "The one who ate bread with me, who was my friend, has lifted his heel against me". This is not correct. It is idiomatic Hebrew in Psalm 41:9, as the DRB has it: "The one who ate bread with me, the one who is my friend, has greatly supplanted me". In GATHM (Gospel of the Hebrews) Jesus gives the bread at the Supper TO JAMES, as a sign of the 'chosen' one ("I know whom I have chosen" -- to 'succeed me'). He is to REPLACE, or 'greatly supplant' Jesus. The Betrayal scene goes on to show many details of the handing over ("paradidomai", meaning deliver, not betray) of the Mastership to James (Judas). We have many other reasons for seeing 'Judas' as James. Eisenman covers many, I finish covering them, in my own work. I can give my manuscript to anyone who wants to see the evidence for serial Mastership. Just email me at yahoo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:32:26 PM PST
The Textus Receptus goes from 90AD to 1850, so you dont have to use a KJV, there are other good scriptures out there.
http://www.buzzardhut.net/index/htm/Biblehist.htm

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:38:13 PM PST
Kilgore says:
having this antichrist pope out it good enough for me, for the moment. sounds like the rest of vatican is forcing his unholy ass out the door.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:56:41 PM PST
Frank says:
I wonder who the candidates for succession are? No doubt whoever the next Pope is they will also be constantly criticized.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:59:20 PM PST
I like the fact that the Catholic Church is against abortion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:02:48 PM PST
M. Galishoff says:
Anne

Not a thing other than he is German and has published numerous academic articles.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:16:25 PM PST
Kilgore says:
the pope is stepping down because of scandal if the previous one's who did have any momentum. international sex abuse coverup topple him down like a evil sack of puss.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:16:36 PM PST
KJV is source of Douay Rheims? I don't know, tell me. I do know the C. Sinaiticus is Fourth Century and superior to all receiveds, in, for example, John 9:4: "sent US", not sent "me". Many versions are better than others in places, it isn't consistently one. The YLT is often the best, as it tries to be closest to the source. The continuous present tenses in salvation verses in John (all of them!) shows the YLT is best for those: "continues believing" not "believes" and "is seeing" not "sees" in 6:40.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:17:34 PM PST
I suspect that, but he is 85.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:18:21 PM PST
Kilgore says:
i was listening to a interesting radio show on the history of those popes who step down. one thing in common, scandal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:19:29 PM PST
Everyone is 'against' abortion. Some, however, think it is up to the mom, not the Pope. I'm against. I just don't condemn, until walking a mile...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:20:47 PM PST
There have been others? Not since the Middle Ages, I heard.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:31:34 PM PST
M. Galishoff says:
Seems that he is resigning because of health reasons. I think that is honorable and correct. He may be very sick, we do not know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 5:50:12 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
Mitch, to put it briefly: I think Benedict, for highly complex reasons,
has been a disappointing pope. It's a sad story.
However, there is no doubt that the man is pious and sincere,
and frankly I think he's done a wise thing here.
The pope has to be of sound mind to resign;
why wait until sickness takes its toll and one's judgment is impaired?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 5:51:25 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
Good post. I've never known anyone who "liked" abortion.
The whole debate in this country and in other country has ever
been about being for or against.
It's a complex matter involving the personhood of women,
the integrity of the family,
and obligations of the family.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 5:52:10 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
I'm with you. He's stepping down while he's still of sound mind.
In the last days of JPII, I'm not so sure he presented a picture of some one
"sound in mind."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:11:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 8:36:16 PM PST
Anne Rice, Pope Benedict was elected Peter's successor in 2005, and a great blessing by God to His Church he was, as even many of the Chief Rabbis have expressed their sadness in his resigning, and have praised his kindness and his reaching out to them. Pope Benedict's series on Jesus of Nazareth have enflamed many hearts on the beauty and mercy and truth of Christ. Indeed, sadly the abuse scandals, found even among married clergy in others faiths as well, have come to light, but he has stripped those priests found guilty of such atrocities, and have rebuked negligent Bishops, and apologized to the victims and their familes. Those in Prisons and hospitals shall miss the visits paid them by Pope Benedict. Thank you Jesus for such a great successor of Peter! Peace alwys in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:30:36 PM PST
the bible says a fetus is not a person
hebrew law says a fetus is not a person

is the pope gnostic enough that you believe him instead of the bible

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:31:05 PM PST
or blackmailed by someone using the documents the butler stole
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 73 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  1805
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions