Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Is there anywhere we can post that won't be attacked by atheists?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 415 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 9:00:21 AM PST
King's Kid says:
Maybe we need to post in the atheism forum. They never seem to be there; and we don't attack them there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:09:01 AM PST
They might check on it now and again, and if Christians go there 'en masse', atheists will start to go there as well and we will get the same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:11:22 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Or you start a thread called 'Only Post Here If You Agree With Me'.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:13:44 AM PST
King's Kid says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:14:04 AM PST
Robin MacKay says:
Jhn 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Jhn 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:14:20 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
What do you define as 'attacking'?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:18:52 AM PST
Ryan Willis says:
I would disagree as to how much we are "attacked" here. The fact of the matter is that this is an open forum for anyone of any background or belief system to come and give their 2 cents as it relates to the topic of discussion at the time.

Do we necessarily appreciate how all of these responses are given? Certainly not but we can't control that.

I will agree however, that there is a difference between coming here to understand us more and those who come here seeming like they're interested discussion but have a predetermined mindset that we're all idiots or delusional robots brainwashed, or otherwise a people who chase after air and therefore they feel a sense of superiority to set us straight why we're totally wrong and they're "more" right. This only applies to a small handful though in my experience, which may differ from that of others.

I always ask in my head things like this when non-believers come in, "Are you challenging my faith and way of life because you actually want to hear the answer I have to give or are you challenging because you have a point you're waiting to spring on me?"

I would just ignore those who have malicious intentions and only add needless negative rhetoric. But don't throw the baby out with the bath water as there are others who are quite worth having discussions with who can and will make you think, which when done out of genuineness and a sound attitude can be quite rewarding.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:20:14 AM PST
Acts5v29 says:
The desire to refute God has been active in this particular manner ever since science was able to refute some erroneous religious views - the advent of controlled electricity being one of them. But instead of treating this as an aid to belief, there are those who feel that they can - through their science - do anything, and they are determined to claim that crown now, long in advance of doing so.

Even this is at variance with the strident atheistic manner we sometimes - sometimes - see. They seem to want to destroy the very notion of God, as if this is the aim of science rather than their own aim. I don't know if it is hubris, or a kind of adolescent foolishness, or a fear that their science might become second to something they disapprove of, but whichever there are far better ways to move forward. Knowledge - active, practical knowledge - of God has been the basis of civilisations for centuries; for a newcomer philosophy - because this kind of attack upon the Divine is not scientific, but is a philosophy, or even merely a state of mind - to stand and claim the ground which belongs to God is unwise at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:21:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:23:10 AM PST
"Attacking" in the abstract is not known for multiple definitions.

You know what attacking means: baiting. There is constant baiting without real need to understand the Christian position.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:21:21 AM PST
King's Kid says:
Insisting that believers are stupid, blind, unthinking. How much brighter non-believers must be, they are blinded to the truth by their own brilliance. We like believing, have considered the alternatives and decided that God's way is the way we want to follow. We welcome your presence; your snark and venom are not welcome at all.

When you're nasty you get ignored and all your venom drips unseen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:21:36 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
And you have an example?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:23:23 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
I'm glad you welcome my presence.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:23:39 AM PST
King's Kid says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:24:08 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Okay, two then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:25:57 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:26:39 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
No, that's called an unsubstantiated claim.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:31:11 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:32:41 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
So what do you want to discuss that concerns Christianity?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:34:43 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:35:55 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Okay, I'll thank the poster for the generous answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:36:28 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:36:54 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
So where do you suggest posting?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:39:15 AM PST
As a Christian, I believe most Christians on here are not equiped to respond to atheist's "attacks" and rely only on faith. On the other side, most atheists that post here are just looking for ammunition and easy targets.

If Christians see this as a tool to witness, this is a poor place to do so.
If an atheist is trully open and looking for sound answers on both sides, they should seek scholars(both Christian and secular).

I mosty come on here for comic relief.
Go with God and Merry Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:39:54 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:41:13 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
The topic of this thread is 'Is there anywhere we can post that won't be attacked by atheists?'

Any ideas?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post
God's Presence 4377 5 seconds ago
Is Homosexuality a 'Good Thing' II? 4095 3 minutes ago
Muslim inbreeding 37 11 minutes ago
Atheist dogma 7 13 minutes ago
Was Groening guilty? 36 1 hour ago
Democrats and Guns - 44 1 hour ago
FBFM III 844 2 hours ago
A Place For Pro-Israel Posters III 6979 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  415
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions