Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Prayer Meeting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 980 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2012 1:24:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 8:39:01 PM PDT
It's been a year or more since God inspired me to start the Christian forum "Moment of Brokenness Testimonies." The Spirit-filled regulars who post there have become family for me--and more. My husband and I became seriously ill during that period and without my "family's" prayers, fellowship, support and sharing, well, I cannot imagine... We've prayed for so many believers and non-believers, some desperate, some simply seeking refuge in a safe, welcoming, loving environment, that I began to pray about offering a simple prayer forum, fashioned after my native churches' prayer meetings. Prayer warriors from my sister forum (Moments of Brokenness Testimonies), and others, will drop by from time to time to pray for those who express a wish for prayer. Love in Christ, Janice Daugharty
P.S. Serious requests only. My prayer team and I will "ignore" disrespectful responses as each sees fit.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 1:48:21 PM PDT
Cheri says:
There are so many who just need a word of encouragement, a prayer for what they are experiencing or just someone to listen. I know this forum will be a way for them to be lifted up Janice, and I'll be glad to pray for any who ask.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 3:05:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 3:09:36 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 5:16:41 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Count me in!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 5:27:28 PM PDT
Cheri says:
If you're serious I'll be glad to pray for her,
horse.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:03:12 PM PDT
Thanks, Doc. Thanks, Cheri.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:10:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 8:11:57 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:26:08 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Serious enough....the other 3?

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:27:26 PM PDT
Kathleen, are you referring to horses by "all 4 of them"? This is a bit confusing to me, because the following paragraph speaks of "number one," who thinks you can take any path to salvation.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:42:26 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:46:33 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Janice,
"Horse" did make it a little confusing with the opening post, not sure why "andthehorseirodeinontoo?" (note where Cheri nicknamed "Horse" from) approached the posting that way for something so serious, but providing the brief situational synopsis for "Kathleen #1" leaves 3 Kathleens to intercede for, without an understanding of why they could use help via intercessory prayer. I think we can proceed with Kathleen #1 (God knows the details, as always) while awaiting a descriptor of the others' situation.
My thoughts on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:58:39 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
ATHIRIOT?,
No need to delay your requests; regardless of the situation, it is God that does the work, not the intercessor. Thereby, no one can credit themselves with an outcome, robbing God of His glory. Ours is a heartfelt request before His throne for His Will to be done in each and every situation. There never is an intent to request other than His Will be done. Even when specifically requesting, prayer is ended with "not my will, but Your Will be done".
Kathleen #1 has been prayed for, and will be...next?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 9:04:56 PM PDT
Cheri says:
He tends to have a strange view of scripture and is on many threads. Maybe he's sincere, but I usually don't answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 9:11:17 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Cheri,
I agree it's too early to tell; however, if he is insincere, that gives us one more person to pray for...him.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 9:24:57 PM PDT
I am here to pray for anyone that needs prayer. Saint and sinner alike. Who know what prayer warrior was lifted me up in prayer when I was in the darkness. Only Jesus Christ get the glory for our prayers, we are just the vehicle that He chooses. Blessings to All.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 9:39:31 PM PDT
quite sincere
i go by the bible
reject the man made nonsense so many brand names cling to

i always welcome prayers for me
so go for it

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 9:43:28 PM PDT
Cheri says:
A good reminder, Zelma. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 11:50:17 PM PDT
Please pray for my family, please pray for me. I'm not leading my family the way I should. I have not been in regular church attendance for nearly three years. I come to the Amazon forums to post but I don't think my heart is right and I need it to be.

I think I've offended someone I consider to be a friend, but I don't know I could just be paranoid... things are just not really that well right now.

I know who Jesus is, I don't doubt the Bible or anything like that. It's such long story and it always ends up being about myself rather than the Lord.

Anyway, please pray for my family mainly. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:31:13 AM PDT
Jeremy, your post really struck home for me this morning. Would you believe that I FEEL THE SAME WAY AT TIMES. I guess it's a good thing to check our hearts from time to time. Am I right with the Lord, I think, especially after posting with the heavies on my other forum "Moments of Brokenness Testimonies." And yet I know without a doubt that God loves me--after all, he heard my prayer of brokenness and saved me. I'm praying for you, my brother. And I'm so glad you posted this earnest request for prayer. I accidentally clicked on your name while trying to post to respond to your post and glanced down your profile, not being snoopy, but I saw that you are out of work. And yet God has blessed you with a beautiful WHOLE family. "It always ends up being about myself rather than God." Jeremy, that's so true for most of us. I'm reading between the lines that you have at some time had a one on one relationship with the Lord. Nothing else compares. This morning I was praying my same old same old--gimme, gimme gimme--and just dropped it and starting praying the Lord's Prayer as Jesus taught us in the gospels. Sometimes we all feel that we are only talking to ourselves when we pray--I know I do. But God hears us and he is Spirit prays for us instead when we feel that way. About your offending someone--I do it daily! Or at least I feel that way. I'm an author and always editing what I write and also what I say. Just go to that person and say I'm sorry, forgive me and mean it and if he or she doesn't forgive you, you've done your part and God will handle the rest. Again, I'm praying for you and others on our team will be praying to, for you and your family.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:33:48 AM PDT
Kathleen, I'm praying for you right now. God knows you and knows your heart and He loves you--and your horses. The more you pray, the closer you will draw to the Lord. Know that we love you here and care about your problems. Love, Janice

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:35:53 AM PDT
Thanks you, Zelma. I know that my little sister and many others were praying for me when I was in darkness too. Yes, Jesus gets the glory for our prayers. I love you, my sister. So good to have you here praying for us. Please pray for Jeremy and his family.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:37:19 AM PDT
Hey, Doc. I'm here to pray and lift up and confess that I don't have any answers but God is with me and his the same Spirit is inside us all. Thanks you for being here--I like to know that my personal doc is close by!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:38:30 AM PDT
Good morning, Cheri. All the more reason to pray for him or her. My heart is overflowing this morning with the Spirit, with love. What a great time to come here to pray. And of course the blessing is all mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:41:18 AM PDT
Doc, your thoughts on "horse" and "Kathleen" makes plenty of sense. Thanks so much for always helping keep my mind straight. Yes, God loves this person, so I love this person too, and the horse. I pray God will give us harmony here and bless this post with His ever-present Spirit. And yes, His will be done and not ours.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:42:06 AM PDT
Okay, Kathleen. So #1 is the one we should be praying for. Thank you. I'm praying for you
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  980
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions