Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

why do the atheists keep coming here to hype their religion of no God

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 159 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 7:49:22 AM PST
why dont they take their religious beliefs to their own atheist forum and stop trying to hassle christians in the christian forum

these atheists are just cowardly bullies who like confronting others

they dont have the cojones to do it in person
but they get up courage behind their screen names

do they ever walk into a church and tell people they are all wrong ? why not ? no cojones !! that is why.

but they keep doing it here because they need to reassure themselves that their erroneous beliefs might be true by telling their big lie over and over.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:53:31 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Well, if this were the Christians Only forum, you might have a point.

No, not even then. Cos of Matt 5:47.

'And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?'

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:03:22 AM PST
Max Flash says:
If atheists did stop posting here, what would you have left to post about?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:59:08 AM PST
kaykay says:
Don't let them get to you, thats what they are trying to do, its not our fault {christans} have in inner peace that they can't seem to find in themselves, keep letting your faith show, and to all those who don"t belive I will continue to pray for you, that God may have salvation on you

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:38:50 AM PST
Because they are insecure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:01:40 AM PST
i agree and sort of mentioned that but not with the same wording
they have problems they cant solve without God
so they try to drag us down with them

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:33:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 11:34:56 AM PST
Does andthehorseirodeinontoo? seem to you like someone who has inner peace? Where are the outer signs of this inner peace?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:05:58 PM PST
Brian Curtis says:
Because this is the forum where the topic of Chrsitianity is discussed, and anyone is welcome to discuss it.

No amount of whining on your part can change that, Horsie; this is NOT a christians-only forum.

(Side note: Logic fail; atheism is not a religion. If it were, you'd have even LESS reason to complain, since we'd be discussing it in a religion forum!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:08:49 PM PST
atheism is not christianity

that should be discussed in the atheist forum

they just want to harangue about our religion
not discuss it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 1:30:06 PM PST
Max Flash says:
horse: atheism is not christianity

Max: And yet atheists do discuss christianity, just as christians discuss atheism.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 1:45:32 PM PST
"If atheists did stop posting here, what would you have left to post about?"

I don't know. Why don't atheist stop posting here and we will find out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 1:51:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 5:13:05 PM PST
and...,

You say, "do they ever walk into a church and tell people they are all wrong ? why not ? no cojones !! that is why."

As a nontheist, and as a former believer, I would find going to a church and being disruptive to be rude, as well as a violation of the Golden Rule. I thought it was a disgrace that those women went into that Russian Orthodox church and disrupted things. I have no sympathy for those creeps whatsoever. I think very little of Putin too, but there is a time and a place for everything, and church is not a place for such a protest. In addition, these forums are not private clubs, and are open for the exchange of ideas---however poorly they are written. Your statement is an overgeneralization about nonbelievers.

Plus, don't you frequenty post against "the whore of Babylon?" I suspect those who are members of that church are as tired of your posts as you are of us nontheists. Something to think about.

BTW, do you go into "the whore of Babylon" churches and tell them they are wrong (following your own advice)?

Addendum: My apologies andthehorse..., I deleted the last sentence of this post. It was rude and over the top.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 1:57:02 PM PST
and...,

You say, "they just want to harangue about our religion---not discuss it."

There is some truth to your statement above. However, on the other hand, I have seen some very good discussions between believers and nonbelievers in the Christianity Forum. I've learned some things reading them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:00:01 PM PST
Amazed Grace says:
Because it is interesting to watch you foam and froth. I have seen very little of the love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, love one another behavior. I just see nearly rabid, angry, unhappy people raining down on people who do not believe as you "christians" think we should believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:36:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 2:38:38 PM PST
A Customer says:
"I just see nearly rabid, angry, unhappy people raining down on people who do not believe as you "____" think we should believe.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_pg_newest?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1M9TK6UGAX6EO&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxDOO3PID4IJBS

"Psychological projection", you may want to look that term up

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 3:54:27 PM PST
IFeelFree says:
k: ...its not our fault {christans} have in inner peace that they can't seem to find in themselves...

IFF: I'm curious... What, in your words, does inner peace feel like?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:06:12 PM PST
Mens Sana says:
*Some* Christians enjoy an inner peace - as do *some* Buddhists, *some* Hindus, *some* Muslims, and *some* atheists. It appears that Horse is not one of the *some*.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:20:48 PM PST
Correct, Mens; "inner peace" is by no means exclusive to Christians.

Many of them cannot understand- or feel it's impossible- for any non-Christian to have true "inner peace."

Somewhat ironically, the two men that I personally know who are the most "Jesus-like" in their character- very gentle in nature, would never hurt or disparage anyone, and exhibit a great deal of "inner peace"- are atheists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:27:31 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Max Flash,
It's not because I don't want atheists here, but occasionally I would like to have a theological discussion with fellow Christians about matters on which we disagree without someone who disagrees with both interfering.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:29:20 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Brian Curtis,
Well is atheism is not even a religion, so you won't go to the religion forum; then are you saying it is Christian so you come to the Chrisitanity forum?
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:33:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 6:35:25 PM PST
In reply, "It's not because I don't want atheists here, but occasionally I would like to have a theological discussion with fellow Christians about matters on which we disagree without someone who disagrees with both interfering."

I gave up on that a long time ago. I would love a discussion on anything related to Christianity, ranging from history and archaeology to theology, to applications in many areas of life, to the cutting edge of science and mathematics, and tie it in to linguistics, textual criticism, ethics, philosophy, the arts (especially music), education, the whole world of business, and so much more, all of which are addressed by extremely intelligent Christians in this world and scripture speaks to many of these issues. But here every thread gets down very quickly to "there is no god", and stops moving forward. Oh, people keep on posting, but the discussions don't move forward.

Once - just once - I'd welcome an opportunity to have a really wide ranging and open discussion on some really advanced topics with fellow Christians and anyone else that wants to join in, without it getting bogged down into the usual entropy of "there is no god", or "Jesus didn't exist", or all the things people do here that drive away intelligent conversation. But by now there are so few Christians left here that the vast majority of posts are atheists posting back and forth, and a few Christian and people of other beliefs leave comments, as anyone can see, but they are the exception.

Hopefully you and I and others will find a place where intelligent Christian discussions can happen and are open to all, but it's not going to be here, based on past observations. I'm looking at other message boards, with some hope of more intelligent and open discussions with Christians and others. I am open to atheists and all people, it's just so sad that nearly every topic here gets bogged down, and any useful and intelligent conversation comes to a halt.

Russ Conte

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:41:06 PM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Lots of the buzzword 'intelligent' there.

Could you give me an example?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:03:32 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:23:05 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:17:19 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Russell Conte,
I see we agree on this, however, from your post I can see that you are more widely educated than I am, but I would try to keep up. And who knows I might learn a thing or two.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:44:33 PM PST
A Customer says:
Russ, that's what drives me nuts about guys like Altarriba, they feel it's their "job" to hit every thread, day after day, week after week, spouting the same tired and trite comments they've already said a thousand times before. They think it's their job. It is proselytizing, and just as obnoxious as some Jehovah Witness who doesn't want to leave from your front door.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions