Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Six

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 10000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2013 6:28:01 PM PST
Cheri says:
Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Six

I thought I would start a continuation of Tonya's thread. Jesus is coming soon and time is short for each person to decide to invite Him into their life.

He loves each of you more than you can understand! All He asks is that you humbly ask forgiveness for your sins and invite Him into your life. He will change you, make you new and complete in Him.

What joy to be in His presence!

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:29:40 PM PST
Cheri says:
All are welcome who are wanting to know more about the second coming of Jesus. Events in our world are pointing to His return, possibly in my lifetime.

What signs do you see that are scriptural?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 6:47:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 8:37:31 PM PST
Allan says:
In fairness to those unfamiliar with the posse which creates and patrols this ongoing thread, be aware that we have been trying for more than four years to help them come to terms with their fascination with filth and corruption, doom and disaster, death and destruction, torture and torment, all of which dominate the minds of the posse. An unhealthy fixation.

It won't be long before it all bubbles to the surface.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:51:50 PM PST
Allan says:
Thought I'd re-post this one, JR, as I'd like to see your further thoughts on it. Will also check up on the failures of the book of Daniel, which was written some four centuries AFTER the time it describes. We need to look at the anachronisms, the glaring gaps, and the endless historical errors which mark it.

''Opposition to Zarathustra's teachings? I've yet to find any documentation of opposition. ''

Can't for the life of me remember where I got on to this, JR. It is, however, logical. Zarathustra's teachings would be anathema to those who had stayed behind. We need to remember, too, that it was the elite which was exiled, so when they returned they would face the standard opposition to change of the lower orders left behind. ANY form of assimilation to alien ideas is still a major factor in Judaism.

This site would be an object lesson for our uneducated posse:

http://imaginenosatan.com/Volume%201/1-7.html During the period of exile, the children of Israel learned many things from their Babylonian and Persian hosts. Many beliefs and practices were taken from their captors and subtly applied to the Israelite religious culture. We will talk more of what was learned to their detriment shortly, for the present, it is helpful to note that portions of the major and minor prophetic books were written after the exile to Babylon. Those writings that were penned during this period then, is the second section of the Hebrew Scriptures I would like to consider within the context of the development of a Satan doctrine....However, these captives who were taken into exile, then raised to the status of colonized Jews, took their freedom to prosper and enjoy the land of their exile too far. They began enjoying the religion and practices of the captor. This is why when the decree from Cyrus came for the Judeans to begin returning to the Land of Israel, that eventually Nehemiah and Ezra **put out a clarion call for the returning exiles to commit to the Torah, the pure faith of the fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. These inspiring spiritual and political leaders saw the state of the remaining Israelite people. Those who weren't sent to Babylon in the original captivity had allowed the faith of Yahweh to deteriorate and the Holy City of God, the place where He had placed His name, to remain a pile of uninspiring rubble. If the Jews in exile had remained faithful to the pure worship practice and form of the Torah then Ezra and Nehemiah would not have had to lead such an intentional revival and restoration to the ancient paths from the Torah. It would be one thing to have to restore proper worship due to years of neglect by the people of the Book who were always supposed to remain faithful to Yahweh, but one does not typically cease a deeply ingrained practice of a religion or ritual without replacing the one they have abandoned, to some degree. In fact, what may often occur is that because of the void left in the life of the individual or people group as a result of neglecting their first love so to speak, they are opened to another taking its place. This is likely what happened to the exiled Israelites. They were sent to exile by God as Jeremiah 29: 7 and other verses teach us.

** my emphasis

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:04:52 PM PST
Cheri says:
Thanks for you great input, Allan. I could say the same to you~

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:12:13 PM PST
Cheri says:
This is false teaching based in India. It has no place in this discussion. But you know this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:15:51 PM PST
J. Rawlins says:
Yeah, I actually captured it from the other thread. I'm going to the site to see what else is there. Interesting subject. And thanks.

But I really don't think I'm going to spend any time on this thread. The same old same old is becoming more than a little tiresome. I've got plenty of Bible study that needs to be done and a stack of books I need to read.....and a few more that I want to order.

I may pop in to SD's thread every now and then to see if she is ever going to answer my question. She's put it off for weeks now and so I doubt she intends to. Not that I actually need her to answer it for me. I did that long ago. And it is a can of worms for their theology;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:19:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 7:29:14 PM PST
Allan says:
Cheri says: This is false teaching based in India.

Allan: Where on earth did you get the notion that the Persian Zoroastrianism which so shaped Judaism and the much later Christianity came from India, Cheri?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:28:55 PM PST
Allan says:
We'll miss your valued input, JR, but all will understand.

Let us know when you catch up with Asimov's Guide to The Bible.

The mythical statue represented Nebuchadnezzar (gold), the Median empire, the third Persia (brass), the fourth Alexander's Macedonian empire (iron). The two feet of mixed clay and iron were the Ptolemies and Seleucids (the real focus of Daniel).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:31:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 7:33:59 PM PST
Linda Sang says:
@Allan:

I was just looking at the last posts on the old thread before it maxed out. We were talking about all kinds of interesting things...

The plant nymphaea caerulea (Egytian blue lotus), a kind of water lily, which to my surprise actually does have mildly hallucingenic properties;

The erotic imagery in the Song of Songs and its built-in appeal to horny Jewish teenagers, who are as yet too tyrannized by their hormones to pick up on its mystical meanings;

The fact that the Statue of Liberty was modeled on a statue of the Greek goddess Hera, which shows her holding a torch which was the original Olympic torch;

The "Rapture" and the Battle of Armageddon, and the perennial desperation of fundamentalist End-Timers to be able to say to the Jewish people collectively, "We told ya so!"

Oh yes, and death and destruction. Always death and destruction. On the one hand they are warning us of just how awful it's going to be--and we can't disagree since we've already seen the early phases. 2012 was the hottest year on record since record-keeping started 107 years ago. Then on top of that there is record income inequality, the banksters getting rich at the expense of pretty much everyone, and on top of that there are austerity measures being proposed or implemented in many countries because said banksters expect the poor to pay their gambling debts. And on top of all that, the threat of war with Iran or, God forbid, nuclear war. Which would pretty much finish off the human race.

And here they are, actually cheering it on because they believe *they* will be "raptured" and therefore able to escape it. It's hard to say which is more outrageous--the total selfishness of that attitude, or the sheer delusional unreality of it.

Because there ain't gonna be no "Rapture." When it all hits the fan, the born-agains are going to be right here, sweating it out with the rest of us mortals.

And we aren't exactly going to be grateful to them for the part they played in bringing it down--on all of us.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:49:56 PM PST
J. Rawlins says:
Yeah, I'll miss you guys too. After a while, I'll put your names in the search and catch up with you and TheWindMoves, Lois, Robin, Ya'akov, et al. I just hope you find a better thread after a while;-0 I still miss Donald and SIA....

Not sure I agree with Asimov's take on the statue but I'm willing to hear what he has to say.

Take care and keep 'em straight.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:50:04 PM PST
Allan says:
''The plant nymphaea caerulea (Egytian blue lotus), a kind of water lily, which... actually does have mildly hallucingenic properties;''

I glommed on to that a very long time ago because of my interest in entheogens. The spark was WHY should it be so important in India, Egypt, and mesoAmerica?

''Then on top of that there is record income inequality, the banksters getting rich at the expense of pretty much everyone, and on top of that there are austerity measures being proposed or implemented in many countries because said banksters expect the poor to pay their gambling debts.''

I've been tipping a world-wide rebellion against this disparity within 15-20 years. The USA ranks among the worst offenders, and I was a bit surprised to see a USA source tip the rebellion there much sooner than I do.

'' And on top of all that, the threat of war with Iran or, God forbid, nuclear war. Which would pretty much finish off the human race.''

As you know that is the one which really frightens me. I got through the Cold War because I was reasonably confident that the best of the leaders in the West and Russia knew there would be no winners so pressing those Red Buttons would be an act of final desperation. Have no such confidence in the religious whackos who are so close to the top ranks now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:31:04 PM PST
soon will be a lot longer than yo uthink

we are at elast 50-200 years away from armageddon

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:31:31 PM PST
many signs are there
but it wont be in your lifetime unless maybe you are a tweenager now

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:32:26 PM PST
Cheri says:
Internet. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:32:30 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
Hi Cheri, thanks for starting this sister. Hope you are doing well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:35:26 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Allan,
What in that period of time is represented by the stone cut out without hands that destroyed the statue?
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:36:01 PM PST
Cheri says:
None of us are 'cheering it on'. We don't want anyone to go through it which is why we post here. We are showing the way to avoid this. God's word tells us we will be spared if we belong to Him. He wants everyone to be part of His family, yet many reject Him.

The reason it wil happen is for judgement, not because believers did anything. This is God's plan, we are just being prepared.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 8:36:46 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
This was the opening post for the past five parts of this discussion:

We are living in the last days. The disciples asked Jesus ..."What will be the sign of Your coming, and the end of the age?" Matthew 24"3

"And Jesus answered and said to them "Take heed that no one deceives you. Many will come in My name, saying I am the Christ, and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not come yet. For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences and earthquakes in various places. All of these are the beginning of sorrows." Matthew 24:4-8

"And there will be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken." Luke 21:25

"For thus says the Lord of Host; Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land and I will shake all nations..." Haggai 2:6-7

Signs in the Sun, Moon, and Stars-Just the First 3 Months of 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk-3MU-rc0M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MgGWrX3jxJo&feature=endscreen

Nations are attempting to divide the small Nation of Israel, God's land, and the UN wants to declare a Palestinian State within it's borders and divide God's City Jerusalem. This would give Israel indefensible borders and set her up for annihilation which is something God will never allow. The prophet's Joel and Zechariah prophesied these events thousands of years ago and warned of God's fierce judgment against all nations who take part in dividing the land, His City and those who come against His people. This includes the United States, whose government continually attempts to take steps to orchestrate Israel's division and ultimate destruction, instead of defending Israel's right to exist in it's God given land as a sovereign nation.

Jerusalem and its alternative Hebrew name Zion appear 850 times in the Old Testament and 142 Times in the New Testament for a total of 992 times in the Holy Bible. Neither the name Jerusalem nor any of the 16 various Arabic names for Jerusalem is mentioned in the Koran. In an expanded interpretation of the Koran from the 12th century, one passage is said to refer to Jerusalem.

Regarding the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares, "To your descendants [Abraham's] I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates." God later confirms this promise to Abraham's son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel). When the Israelites were about to invade the Promised Land, God reiterated the land promise, as recorded in Joshua 1:4, "Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates - all the Hittite country - to the Great Sea on the west."

With these two passages in mind, the territory that God gave to Israel included everything from the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon (North to South) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (West to East). This includes all of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus parts of Egypt and Syria, all of Jordan, part of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a small percentage of the land God has promised.

In addition to the above passages, Ezekiel 47:13-48:35 recount's the Lord's measurements of the land given to the Israelites. He begins with "Thus says the Lord God: `These are the borders'" and finishes with a declaration that its capital (Jerusalem) shall be called "The Lord is There." (Ez 48:35)

Israel is the only nation on earth who has been allocated land by Almighty God with the title deed to their land recorded in the Holy Bible.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, "Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the Euphrates." Genesis 15:18

"And I will give unto thee and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God." Genesis 17:8

God said, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee, and in thee shall all the families be blessed." Genesis 12:3

And again God said, "The land shall not be sold for ever, for the land is Mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with Me." Leviticus 25:23

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted My land." Joel 3:2

God said: "But I have chosen Jerusalem that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people." 2 Chronicles 6:11

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: "He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; [Israel] for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye." (Zech 2:8)

"The day of the Lord is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you: your deeds will return upon you own head." (Obadiah 15)

"It shall be in that day [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zach 12:9

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122:6

"So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near, at the door!" Matt 24:33

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:37:08 PM PST
Cheri says:
Doing pretty good, Tonya. How are you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:37:41 PM PST
Cheri says:
Hi mrs. Exp., good to have you here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:37:43 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
I agree Cheri.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:38:23 PM PST
Cheri says:
Thanks, I didn't c&p all of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:39:14 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
Im good Cheri, thank you. I have been busy the past couple of days and didn't post much. I can't believe how quickly part 5 completed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 8:39:32 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
I agree.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions