Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

CBS Scot Paulsen on "2016" movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2012 1:08:56 AM PDT
G. Petersen says:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/17/2016-obamas-america-movie-is-disturbingly-necessary/

Article begins below:
CBS Scot Paulsen on "2016" movie !!!

This kind of feedback coming from anyone associated with CBS is absolutely astounding (maybe he no longer has a job). I'm reading that this documentary is astounding the pundits in its attendance figures and I've read a couple reviews already that like the one below says the audience sits mesmerized at the conclusion thinking about what they have just witnessed (along with the ovations).

The Right Politics

This past week, "2016: The Movie" about President Barack Obama opened in the Chicago area, and I chose to get more of an education about Obama by seeing the movie. After the inundation of canned hype for the movie on conservative talk shows across the Chicago radio dial that sounded more like commercials than honest endorsements of the movie, I was skeptical of what I was going to see.

While some talk show hosts sounded like they were genuinely impressed with the documentary and honestly endorsing the film, there were those who were obviously reading a commercial script which was not coming across as sincere to the regular listener - at least not to this often-skeptical listener. Perhaps, in future promotions of the film, it would be wise to have pre-recorded commercials done by the professional commercial-makers rather than having the likes of Mark Levin and Sean Hannity doing script after script to promote the movie. After all, the listeners aren't stupid and resent any attempt at being conned. After many reads by the talk show hosts, the readings of the commercial script were no more enthusiastic than another Life-Lock commercial read - another commercial that ought to be professionally done.

Yet, I'm glad I saw the hyped-film because it was more informative than I had thought it would be and included less propaganda than I had predicted. If anything, it was nearly too informative as there was an enormous amount of information condensed into the nearly one-hour-and-a-half documentary. Fact after fact is put forth which shows that President Obama definitely has many skeletons in the closet that have not been released prior to the nation's trust in him with the Oval Office.

To watch this movie and realize - or simply be reminded of - all that is unknown about President Obama is of concern. Much of the information has been ignored by the American media totally. When appropriately reminded as to what is still unknown about Obama to date, one has to ask: How can any logical-thinking person give a damn about Romney's taxes while not asking any questions regarding our current president's past?

The man influences the entire globe, but liberal Americans want to know how much Mitt Romney paid in taxes in the past rather than learn about the man who they have entrusted with the country. Unbelievable.

The movie undeniably links Obama to persons of suspicious-interest due to their past actions and statements, such as former radical activist and Chicago educator Bill Ayers. While the media and blinded-liberals cast such facts aside, the movie does not. No, this portion of the movie is not propaganda - it is the display of factual information about relationships between people that cannot be denied. Yet, the "left" does deny the facts that are right in front of them.

Quite disturbing is the talk of the United States economy in the film. The current national debt which has increased two-fold during Obama's presidency and the horrendous economy is suggested to be part of the plan to strip the nation of democracy - reasonable cause to make citizens totally dependent on the government. The "left" is aghast at this suggestion of the current economy. They actually believe that Obama is unintelligent enough to let this economy just happen. Ironically, it's many of the people on the "right" who know Obama's not stupid, and much of what has happened to the United States in the past four years is part of Obama's plan.

How could one so-highly educated and intelligent as Obama not know what he was doing when he incurred such debt? I left the movie thinking more strongly than I had in the past that the current debt and this economy was part of Obama's plan all along. Increasingly making Americans dependent on the government is the plan. What's more, he knew his blind followers would believe it was not the plan and, of course, was all Bush's fault.

He must be laughing at his blind followers all the way to the "new America" they're allowing him to create. My belief is that Obama continues to prey on his die-hard followers' stupidity to accomplish his personal goals for America.

The most disturbing part of the film to me was the interview with President Obama's half-brother George Obama from Nairobi, Kenya. How can Obama claim to want to help people when he has done absolutely nothing for his own family? It makes me wonder if he really cares about anybody if he can't find it in his heart to help his own family.

As the closing credits started to role upward across the screen, the audience applauded. Me, I just walked out - reasonably upset.

Those who have already decided to vote for Obama will probably not even see the movie. It's sad but they probably don't want to know the truth when it is laid out so clearly for them in this documentary. The independents who are still deciding who they are going to vote for ought to see this film. I'm quite confident that any undecided voter who sees this film will know who to vote for after viewing this documentary. If you know you're not going to support the "left" in this coming election, see the film out of interest if you like. But, fair warning, it's disturbing - and quite frightening - to say the least.

About Scott Paulson

Scott Paulsonwrites political news and commentary for CBS Local and Examiner.comand teaches English at a community college in the Chicago area. The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CBS Local.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 9:26:40 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
More political spam messing up the Christianity forum? Nope. Reported as abuse.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 7:20:48 PM PDT
Interesting...

Thanks for the link.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 1:06:36 PM PDT
D-Stylz says:
Sounds like Paulsen was drinking the kool-aid.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 3:43:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 10, 2012 3:45:20 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 3:44:55 PM PDT
Sounds like you're the one drinking the kool-aid!!! Sorry, your messiah is not as perfect as you think.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:56:15 AM PDT
That's the reality- neither in this political ping pong match are the messiah, and not too many followed his example of loving each other as he loves anyway. Instead of giving up world goods, many Christians spin his words to the opposite of He wants you to be prosperous omitting the fact of even when it means you gain that wealth from the suffering and deaths of others. The current game is Jenga, and a messiah is just what's needed, but alas all we have is humans with a God particle. When we see that this whole Universe and all life are cells of us and us It, then maybe people will begin to live humanely. While it's still a pissing contest, we're all drowning. Can't we just see what the best ideas are for the most peaceful, abundant, world? Not one where a child here has everything and a child there is starving. I will go see this film, but from my own experience, there are authors and friends I agree with some of what they say and disagree with the rest; some is profound and the rest, ridicules. The facts of Republican filibusters and a total blockade by Republicans and Corporate Interests prevented the true vision President Obama has for America from ever seeing the light of day. We have been doing it the Republican way for a long time now of deregulation and the trickle down hasn't happened, just the people doing the work pushing the money up. Government regulation and laws are the only protection citizens have against the most powerful who are not self-regulating. After all, over 200 in Reagan's administration were sentenced or under indictments for criminal activity. This two party tick tack toe has no winner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:21:21 PM PDT
buyer says:
you,my dear, are part of the conservative propaganda machine..a wolf,so*to*speak, in sheeps clothing

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:23:55 PM PDT
buyer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 4:45:59 PM PDT
GP: "The most disturbing part of the film to me was the interview with President Obama's half-brother George Obama from Nairobi, Kenya. How can Obama claim to want to help people when he has done absolutely nothing for his own family? It makes me wonder if he really cares about anybody if he can't find it in his heart to help his own family."

You never cease to amaze me. This is a political issue, not a religious issue so it does not belong in this forum.

Everyone has a funky person in his/her family. We all do. We are not responsible for every member of our families. Obama hardly knew his Kenyan family until he went there after his father died. He was raised by his devoted, now deceased, mother and his grandparents. He has a 1/2 sister who also lives in the USA. She is self-supporting. They were raised together. We live in the USA. We have certain legal obligations to our families. We don't have to support all of our family members. In fact, supporting certain family members can be detrimental to their mental health and social development. Mind your own business.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 5:19:23 PM PDT
What is political propaganda doing in a forum on Christianity?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
455 15 days ago
We are Living in the Last Days - A Biblical Prophecy Discussion Part Six 6731 37 seconds ago
To what extent do Literalist ID/Creationists End Times fundamentalists threaten Christianity: Part the Third , Would like to change this name to how to save the religions that were established by Moses, Muslim, Christian and Jew 6579 1 minute ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 5085 8 minutes ago
Is Good Behavior Needed for Heaven? (Part 2) 782 10 minutes ago
Is this your Christian nation in action ? 123 11 minutes ago
Mary was Sinless -- Part XXIII 3966 15 minutes ago
Moving beyond atheism 914 52 minutes ago
Predestination/God's purpose of election. 1838 1 hour ago
New Christ Myth Forum - all welcome :) 105 1 hour ago
Celsus question 1698 1 hour ago
Catholicism is based on Jesus Christ- Part 8 2660 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions