Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Hitler was baptized...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2010 6:29:12 PM PDT
Jenn says:
In the eyes of the Church, to be baptized means you are absolved from all future sin.

Does this mean that Hitler went Home to God following his suicide, after his reign of genocide?

What say you?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 6:36:33 PM PDT
David says:
You mean the Catholic Church there, love? I'm protestant and that isn't taught at mine. I think that when Hitler died and went to the pearly gates St. Peter told him..."Sorry, I don't show a reservation for a Mr. Hitler. Perhaps you might want to try that restaurant down in the basement?" King David probably said "Want me to hit him in the forehead with a rock, Pete?"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 6:50:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2010 6:51:39 PM PDT
Jenn says:
I knew I should've specified Catholic Church! :b LOL

Hitler may not have murdered anyone himself, but he most certainly was responsible for the deaths of millions... so, taking that into consideration, I'm curious if the sin of genocide- as well as the sin of taking his own life- is negated by the baptism?

... in the eyes of a Catholic ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 6:55:41 PM PDT
Well, in the LDS church we believe Baptism cleanses you of sin up to that point. It doesn't give you a free pass from that point on. And while I do think it means we are forgiven, I don't know that it means we are released from the major consequences of major sin (like murder, rape, etc). I think there will probably still be consequences for those, but what and how long, I don't know. I do believe there is a hell, I don't believe it is an eternal hell. I think it's a place to go while they figure out what kind of choices they want to make from there on out, and figure out how to apologize for what they've done. And while there are some people I'd like to see stay there for Eternity, I don't know if they will. Luckily I'm not the one who has to decide! :)

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 6:59:09 PM PDT
Merismopedia says:
Jenn, review your Catechism. I'm Catholic and baptism removes original sin. It does not stop a person from sinning in the future.

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 7:03:13 PM PDT
David says:
Can you imagine the look on the priests face if Hitler ever went into his confessional?

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned"
"Well, la de freakin' dah. No Sheit!"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:04:39 PM PDT
Jenn says:
Well said!

Good thing God sees people's intentions!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:05:35 PM PDT
Jenn says:
LMAO David!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:07:40 PM PDT
Jenn says:
I didn't say a baptism stopped a person from sinning in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:11:16 PM PDT
Well, it sure gets babies really pissed off!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:13:50 PM PDT
Jenn says:
I'm Protestant too, btw. When my brother decided he found God-- because, ya know, God must've been lost!!-- he went Catholic and all of a sudden thought it was necessary to baptize his kids so they don't go to hell. He had a real fear of that.

I've said this so many times, and it was my brother I first spoke it to: The path you choose to walk, is not as important as how you choose to walk it.

He didn't get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:16:48 PM PDT
David says:
The path you choose to walk, is not as important as how you choose to walk it.

Or who you walk it with.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:23:36 PM PDT
That is nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:23:39 PM PDT
Love that quote.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:24:10 PM PDT
Jenn says:
I love that! Hmm, deja vu, a la FB! :)

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 7:25:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2010 7:27:44 PM PDT
Terry L says:
"In the eyes of the Church, to be baptized means you are absolved from all future sin."

The Bible says:

"If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them." --2 Peter 2:20-21

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:26:01 PM PDT
Jenn says:
I'm telling ya-- I so want my own page in your book of quotes! LOL!

The people who truly get that quote, are the ones that know the Jesus Stick is meant to walk with... the ones that don't get it, think the Jesus Stick is meant to beat others who don't agree, with.

(I kinda sorta snuck in another one of me-quotes. I'm cheeky that way!)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:26:55 PM PDT
Jenn says:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to quote scripture at me, rather than speak from their own mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:27:36 PM PDT
I think you're gonna get your own chapter! You actually have quite a few in there :) This one is going in there!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:28:54 PM PDT
David says:
Yeppers!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:31:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2010 7:31:40 PM PDT
Jenn says:
Nice! Okay, I only have those two... but they are good! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:32:21 PM PDT
Truth says:
Know anyone interested in a bucket of rusty widgets?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:36:58 PM PDT
David says:
Well oiled rusty widgets or plain old rusty widgets?

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 7:40:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2010 7:45:07 PM PDT
Terry L says:
"I was wondering how long it would take for someone to quote scripture at me, rather than speak from their own mind." - Jenn

This may come as quite a shock to you, but some people think that when you ask a Bibical question, you may want an answer that reflects what the Bible teaches. Also, you make a statement that not all would agree with, specifically "In the eyes of the Church, to be baptized means you are absolved from all future sin." No church I ever went to believed that, though I know some do.

The verse I quoted applies directly to your question. It is kind of funny that when you quote scripture, some people will claim they want you to speak your "own mind" but when you speak your own mind those same people will tend to badger you for not following scripture.

In any case, following the scripture I quoted, and others, I would say that, no, in my opinion, Hitler did not go "home to God."

That is my opinion, based on what the Bible teaches. I won't supply any more evidence from that source, since it seems you want no information from the best source there is that would apply to the subject.

I am different than you. I feel that one should be able to support what they believe about God with the Word of God.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:48:01 PM PDT
Truth says:
Well oiled with just a hint of patina in all the right places. Lefts and rights.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 44 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1197 13 days ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV 8986 1 minute ago
The Historical Jesus 8659 1 hour ago
Transgender Individuals 7444 2 hours ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 3477 3 hours ago
Outside of the your feelings, do any of you fundamentalist atheists have personal that atheism is true? 461 4 hours ago
Mary was not sinless. 7017 4 hours ago
This is why atheism is growing throughout the world... 194 4 hours ago
What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss. 9546 4 hours ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the Twelfth 571 4 hours ago
Christianity described as a 'profitable fable' by an early pope. 149 4 hours ago
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian. 7685 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  1087
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions