Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Suicide of Jesus was against Jewish Law

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2013 6:45:49 AM PDT
judaswasjames says: <<I don't even want to spend time on Jesus anymore.>>

Every generation and each individual needs to reexamine the country preacher Jesus of Nazareth. I am glad that the following books have renewed interest in Jesus, even though I may not read either one:

Killing Jesus

Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth

Anyone who has the opportunity, you should read the biblical scholar Marcello Craveri's The Life of Jesus .

Craveri presents a very plausible picture of Jesus of Nazareth--non-fanciful and non-Hellenized. What makes his book especially fascinating is his extensive knowledge of Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew and the Talmud. In the preface, Craveri wrote:

"The aim that I have set myself is that of never losing sight of Jesus as an individual born into a clearly defined society at a clearly defined point in history, and hence of striving to understand his life, his ideas, his behavior as the product of a particular culture and unique historical circumstances."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2013 10:03:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2013 10:04:36 PM PDT
... If he did exist. There is so much to argue against it, I don't even want to spend time on Jesus anymore. It's gotten so bad, that religious scholars say things like Dr. April DeConick of Rice University, Houston, did about the Gospel of Judas: "The 'good news' of the Gospel of Judas is about Jesus ..." How can we get anywhere when religion so blinds its followers?

page 147

The Thirteenth Apostle: What the Gospel of Judas Really Says

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2013 9:58:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2013 10:08:53 PM PDT
I saw Hal Lindsey claim it was through Mary. Jesus didn't exist, so it is all made up anyway. JAMES was the real Master of the times. I prove it in my book. email me at AOL.

Here, get a copy of Del Tondo's (pen name 'Stanford Rives') Hebrew Matthew. There is no patrilinear genealogy.

The Original Gospel of Matthew: The Final Reconstruction of the Earliest Matthew

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 6:10:15 AM PDT
NeoPaganBaby says:
More accurately I'd say pseudocide, as he stayed dead for only a day and a half. Or maybe semi-psuedocide, since only 1 of his 3 alter-egos (sorta) died.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 6:00:28 AM PDT
judas, Actually, Jesus didn't take His life, but He allowed His life to be taken by those who freely chose to kill Him. There is a big difference! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 4:31:52 AM PDT
One could make the fanciful argument that Jesus had a death wish and that he intended to commit "suicide by police," to use the jargon of law enforcement officers in the U.S. The upheaval created by overthrowing the tables of the money changers in Solomon's Portico--thereby disrupting the normal conduct of Temple business there--was highly likely to lead to his execution by the Roman authorities.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2013 3:19:33 AM PDT
Hi there, I'm wondering if you can help me on the subject of
Matthew and Luke's geneologies. I've always understood that Matrilineal ancestry is irrelevant to tribe identification. And that in order for Jesus to be a "legitimate" Legal successor to the throne of King David, He would have to have contribution from King David himself, or a male descendant of David's, like Josef....[or divine in vitro] using a seed of David's.

There are so many claims attempting to rectify the inconsistencies of these two accounts given in the Christian Testament, that any elucidation you could offer on this subject would be of help. When I read Torah Numbers 1:18 I only see where that it is the father's houses that matter. I'm wondering if Jews ever traced geneologies through the matrileneal line, as I am unaware of this.
Thank you.

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 10:45:17 PM PST
Matthew,

Galatians 2:16, from perhaps his signature letter:

English Standard Version (©2001)
yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Now either he is lying to himself, or he is trying to play both sides, don't know which. But any man THIS screwed up gets NO attention from ME!

But, besides this: HIS SALVATION DOCTRINE IS OPPOSED TO CHRIST'S. Romans 10:9 is it, and it is FALSE, Matt. Only those LIVING at the time of a Master are to be saved. That's from A MASTER-- Charan Singh. In light of that, I don't care what Paul says.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 6:51:56 PM PST
Saha, Not silly at all, for Actually, Paul ALSO taught works righetousness, for even if one has ALL FAITH, but does NOT love others, it is useless. (1 Corinthians 13;2, John 13;35) and that as Jesus taught, we shall recieve as our WORKS deserve. (2 Corinthians 5:19, Matthew 26:27), AND obedience, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", and Paul agrees with Jesus, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2;13, Romans 6:16). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 2:05:56 PM PST
sahansdal,

You've said that. And I've commented that no one has stepped in to say they can also read it, so I'm concluding you are the only one that can. Which means the non-access to the writings means they are not being read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 1:58:25 PM PST
I have no problem at all. Haven't a clue.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 1:56:24 PM PST
Mens Sana says:
Maxthon 3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 11:32:06 AM PST
Sahansdal,

Okay, but my comment still stands if I can't read it at no cost I doubt others can either. Right now I'm working on Sins of Scriptures, Introduction to Parallel Programming, and Networks and Internets --- I doubt I will have much time for many more books, soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 11:19:18 AM PST
No.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 9:49:05 AM PST
sahansdal,

Perhaps because you are an author and thus have an account?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 9:39:34 AM PST
In the meantime, look at this (again if you have seen it). It is very central to what's what. The real Path is first described (hands 'raised' in meditation position -- 'as you sit' -- over the eyes and 'listening to them praising you', as the 'Sound' or 'Word', in Surat Shabd Yoga technique for hearing the Divine Name) then a short description of the false Pauline church which had already become established by the third century ('evil, cunning man, with a manifold dogma' of blood salvation -- which is Paul). All within the first several hundred words.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apopet.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 9:33:54 AM PST
I don't know what to say. I have no problem, don't know why not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 9:28:36 AM PST
J. Green says:
reed.....Is there another browser besides Firefox, any more?

Google chrome
and
Opera

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 9:21:34 AM PST
sahandal,

Is there another browser besides Firefox, any more?

Like I said it can't be downloaded without an account, and that appears to require payment per their own website.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 9:16:19 PM PST
That's silly. He also said to DO the will of the Father, which is works righteousness that Paul was against, and he said to keep the Law, which Paul was also opposed to. You need to read Eisenman. He shows clearly how Paul is not holding to Christ's teachings. Del Tondo also shows the same, and he is a Calvinist Christian.

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 9:13:33 PM PST
Don't know. I just tried Eisenman. Popped right up and started downloading. I have Firefox. Maybe you should try that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 8:14:43 PM PST
saha, We can when it's the Blood of God, but yes, not of animals and such. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 5:45:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 5:56:48 PM PST
I had tried at least a couple you had referenced, in a list, but not this one. The link led to a page talking about a week rental etc. This one seem to be fine, but that may be because I'm logged onto a university library system that I wasn't before, who knows.

This one made the link I'm hoping it isn't just a sample.

Edit: I figured out one of the problems: I can't download the program so that I can read it on a non device or print it.

Here's what I found:
Free ebook download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read book online for free.
And when you select download you get:
To download this document you must become a Premium Reader

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 5:23:48 PM PST
Paid? I read them all the time. Did you try them? Eisenman is also there:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68991859/Eisenman-James-the-Brother-of-Jesus

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 11:47:16 AM PST
sahansdal,

You do know those are paid sites, right?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  1064
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions