Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

The return of "Noah's Flood". Newer geological evidence supports the occurrence of a global flood.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 2:56:57 PM PST
barbW says:
so, you can answer those questions?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 4:20:41 PM PST
mrs exp says:
werranth413,
The answers are in the NT and it is inspired just as the OT is.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 3:44:04 PM PST
barbW says:
It's interesting that now one knows the answers and yet you say he's wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 3:43:18 PM PST
barbW says:
yes, and since it happens so slowly, we might have a chance to survive the warming

A supernova would rapidly kill anything in the solar system. Even a supernova trillions of miles away would kill everything here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 1:30:53 PM PST
The Weasel says:
Advent Lily says:
God has promised there will not be another flood of such epic purportions. Don't you know the sun's going to super nova and burn the earth up?
It's not big enough to go super-nova. It will, however, go Red Giant at some point.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 10:50:12 AM PST
mrs exp says:
S Kessler,
They disbelieve that Gamaliel urged tolerance of the followers of Jesus as the Bible states. (pg 116)

"Until now we have had to speculate, based on reasonable assumptions, about what Jews were were alive at the time would have said about Jesus and Paul (page 118)" as though we don't have their reactions in the NT.

But mainly because he says that the Torah is cryptic and hard to understand therefore the need of the other Jewish writings which were not even written down for 2 centuries and more after Jesus time. And then he says that they are cryptic. So God has given us a record that no one except a few can understand. That allows them to say "you have misinterpreted . . . of what ever passage a Christian starts to explain.

"But Christians disagreed about the interpretation of scripture. rabbinic Judaism thus brought forward two addition perspectives. First, exegesis was not a free-for-all. Because understanding the bible as the Lord meant it to be understood was crucial, and because the text was so manifestly cryptic, at Mount sinai He had given not only the Torah, but also certain fixed rules for interpreting it. These rules had been passed down from teacher to student orally. Second, there were traditions, also emanating from the sinai revelation and transmitted orally, that could not be derived by exegesis. Indeed, everything that was a matter of oral tradition had first been revealed, in some essential or embryonic form, at Sinai" (page 139).

He made fun of Jesus' miracles "feeding the 5000, healings and bringing people back to life as magic. He objection on the gospels blaming the Jewish leaders and the mob stirred up by the priests (which he called 'all Jewish people as a whole') for Jesus death (p 71).

That some of the things.
expp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 6:58:47 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Can you be specific about the parts that angered you? I'm curious.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 11:20:51 PM PST
Joe W says:
In what way did they misrepresent the NT?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 9:49:17 PM PST
mrs exp says:
S Kessler,
Actually in parts it made me quite angry where they misinterpreted the NT. I can see why they don't accept him according to what they believe. It was quite good for the most part but I have many notes in the margin.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 9:01:56 PM PST
Astrocat says:
I hadn't heard that, John, so I looked it up and watched the video. OMG! Pat Robertson. What's happening to the conservatives? Did Obama's re-election blow them out of the water? Are they really going to come to their senses? Stay tuned.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:52:24 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
Annoying? How was it annoying?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 4:19:37 PM PST
brunumb says:
Advent Lily: "God has promised there will not be another flood of such epic purportions [sic]. Don't you know the sun's going to super nova and burn the earth up?"

Clever of God to keep his options for genocide open.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 11:49:47 AM PST
mrs exp says:
werranth413,
I read a book "Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus." It was very interesting and annoying in part. But I learned a lot.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 9:43:38 AM PST
God has promised there will not be another flood of such epic purportions. Don't you know the sun's going to super nova and burn the earth up?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:20:35 AM PST
barbW says:
one of the biggest reasons why Islamists have always been hostile and very fearful of Christian teachings is that they KNOW that they'll go to Hell if they worship a man or if they elevate any other entity to the level of Almighty Allah. It's a matter of life and death, paradise and damnation.

Jews reject such elevations as bad theology and surely not compatible with Jewish thinking, but they don't concern themselves that it's a matter of life and death, it's just wrong prophetically and historically and theologically.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:23:19 PM PST
mrs exp says:
werranth413,
Oh, I know little about Islam. So they think he is human with Allah as his spiritual father?
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:11:25 PM PST
barbW says:
probably both. They read about Jesus' virgin birth in older parts of the Koran. Allah is everyone's spiritual father.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:15:12 AM PST
W. ANDERSON says:
I started this thread, but I have been unfortunately far to busy to post much lately. I had wanted this thread to be a discussion about my published flood theory, but the discussion was taken over by a very heated exchange between YECs and atheists. In reading the posts I get in email, since I am tracking the discussion, I found many of the posts hilarious. I saw this huge comic gold mine of material on why people believe what they do, and what happens to our beliefs when we ignore the evidence. You might say, that I was "inspired" to write a book about it, so I did.

"How to Fly! The Art of Self Levitation Made Easy!
By Professor Doofus Igor Ignobelish, Future Nobel Laureate"

"Have you always wanted to fly? Here is your chance to learn how. Don't be fooled by lies of evidence based science any longer! Learn the secret of how to levitate yourself in flight! Be as free as a bird! Learn how your mind has the power to set you free!"-Professor Doofus Igor Ignobelish, Future Nobel Laureate.

An insanely hilarious New Age style book about how to levitate yourself using the power of the mind and all the things that can happen, if you allow your beliefs to supersede reality. Blast off to the ends of the universe and beyond with Professor Doofus Igor Ignobelish as your guide. Discover how the evil grounders and their conspiracies are the source of all your problems and of the coming dangers of alien invasions, both kinds! Learn how the Professor would solve all your problems and what the world of the future will look like, and I can bet it is not what you think. So take off with Professor Doofus Igor Ignoblelish and fly through the power of "Pure Thought." 98 Pages.

How to Fly! The Art of Self Levitation Made Easy!: By Professor Doofus Igor Ignobelish, Future Nobel Laureate

I would like to thank the many posters on this thread, I found your posts very "inspirational" and a number of chapters in my book are based on the arguments in your posts. (Don't worry, I don't mention any one by name) So once again, my deepest thanks for your great posts and be sure to check out my new book.

Sincerely yours; Wm Scott Anderson

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:32:44 PM PST
Bubba says:
"Look, I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this, but Bishop Ussher wasn't inspired by the Lord when he said that it all took 6,000 years," Robertson said. "It just didn't. You go back in time; you've got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things, and you've got the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas." -- Pat Robertson

He also said: ""Atheists don't like our happiness; they don't want you to be happy; they want you to be miserable," Robertson said in a separate segment. "They're miserable so they want you to be miserable. So they're trying to steal your holiday away from you.""

http://www.slate.com/blogs/trending/2012/11/30/pat_robertson_earth_age_says_planet_is_more_than_6_000_years_old_but_attacks.html

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:11:36 PM PST
Well, looks like Pat Robertson has finally accepted the evidence for an ancient Earth of billions of years. How about you other YEC's? Have you come to your senses yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:27:06 PM PST
brunumb says:
Why don't you tell us Jagd.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:59:01 PM PST
I've figured it all out! The fallen angels were really the gigantopithecines who mated with human to make bigfoots. It doesn't explain why the flood didn't kill the bigfoots.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 4:46:50 PM PST
JagdTiger says:
What's the prophecy: when birds fall from the sky and fish leap from the waters and the oceans turn blood red,the rest?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:56:17 PM PST
Bubba says:
Raining Fish and Frogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnFKGja2Vz0

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:46:23 PM PST
brunumb says:
The biblical tale could easily be an exaggerated account of natural phenomena. Much more believable than a pissing contest between the creator of the entire universe and some despotic ruler of Egypt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7530678/Biblical-plagues-really-happened-say-scientists.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt#Natural_explanations
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 147 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  3669
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions