Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Five

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 6:07:32 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 25, 2013 10:23:04 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 6:06:59 PM PST
Allan says:
TheWindMoves says: Wonder how quickly the next thread will fizzle out if no one goes and they are just left to themselves?

Allan: It would die a quick death.

rab/Believer/EndofDays tried that years ago with a moderated site under her control and could attract only Cheri. It lasted no time at all.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:05:02 PM PST
Cheri says:
No matter who you are or what you believe, know that Jesus gave His life so you can have forgiveness of sins and eternity with God. What could be better?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 6:03:41 PM PST
Cheri says:
No one will force you to participate. You are free to go to any thread you wish to.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:02:52 PM PST
Cheri says:
From a post a friend of mine sent me about the seven years of tribulation. It comes from a compilation of verses.

------------

Dan 8:
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice,
and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel operated under the lunar calendar of 12 periods of 30 days, totaling 360 days per year, with a leap month every 7 years. Thus 360 days time 7 years, plus
one leap month totals 2,550 days. Many say the additional 250 days not mentioned in verse 14 can be accounted for by the time to rebuild the temple. Even with
the straight 2,300 days given in Dan 8 we are far beyond the 3 1/2 years you say is the tribulation, which most believe is the time for the GREAT Tribulation.

From Dan 9:24-26 I believe we can see that the seventy weeks spoken of represents seventy weeks of years.
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation
for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be
seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and
the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Now we have a seven year covenant made by the abomination.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,
and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Dan 12:11-12 backs up the seven year covenant as it gives the time from the midst of the week until the end to be 3 1/2 years.
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred
and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Mat 24:14-15 defines the ending of the above.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The previous points to the one making the covenant as the anti-Christ and the covenant period ends with the Lord's return to bind satan.

Ok, all that said can we point to when the covenant starts?
2 Thes 2:3-12 gives us the answer.
First the He who now letteth is the Holy Spirit IMO, others say it's the Church. Either way, the taking out of either (can't take one without the other Heb 13:15) is the rapture.
Second we see that we are speaking about the anti-Christ.
Third vs 9 shows us his lying, starting with his breaking the covenant.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Rev 4 shows us that the rapture vs 1 comes before the tribulation starts in Rev 6:1
Re 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said,
Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

When taken in total I think we see that the 70th week starts with the rapture and ends with the second coming of the Lord and that the period is seven years.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:02:41 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 25, 2013 10:23:03 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:59:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 6:00:01 PM PST
Allan says:
Cheri says: We talk about it because so much is at stake. Your very life is on the line.

Allan: So YOU believe.

I know better.

Jesus came to SEEK and to save those who are lost. For God so loved the world...

Neither of them is anything at all like the posse in their thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:55:43 PM PST
Cheri says:
We talk about it because so much is at stake. Your very life is on the line.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 5:45:38 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
David Currie. Rapture: The End-Times Error That Leaves the Bible Behind.

__________. What Jesus Really Said about the End of the World.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:45:02 PM PST
Allan says:
Cheri says: No fascination, Allan.

Allan: Oh, it is, Cheri.

The posse focuses on little else.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:44:02 PM PST
Allan says:
''Opposition to Zarathustra's teachings? I've yet to find any documentation of opposition. ''

Can't for the life of me remember where I got on to this, JR. It is, however, logical. Zarathustra's teachings would be anathema to those who had stayed behind. We need to remember, too, that it was the elite which was exiled, so when they returned they would face the standard opposition to change of the lower orders left behind. ANY form of assimilation to alien ideas is still a major factor in Judaism.

This site would be an object lesson for our uneducated posse:

http://imaginenosatan.com/Volume%201/1-7.html During the period of exile, the children of Israel learned many things from their Babylonian and Persian hosts. Many beliefs and practices were taken from their captors and subtly applied to the Israelite religious culture. We will talk more of what was learned to their detriment shortly, for the present, it is helpful to note that portions of the major and minor prophetic books were written after the exile to Babylon. Those writings that were penned during this period then, is the second section of the Hebrew Scriptures I would like to consider within the context of the development of a Satan doctrine....However, these captives who were taken into exile, then raised to the status of colonized Jews, took their freedom to prosper and enjoy the land of their exile too far. They began enjoying the religion and practices of the captor. This is why when the decree from Cyrus came for the Judeans to begin returning to the Land of Israel, that eventually Nehemiah and Ezra **put out a clarion call for the returning exiles to commit to the Torah, the pure faith of the fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. These inspiring spiritual and political leaders saw the state of the remaining Israelite people. Those who weren't sent to Babylon in the original captivity had allowed the faith of Yahweh to deteriorate and the Holy City of God, the place where He had placed His name, to remain a pile of uninspiring rubble. If the Jews in exile had remained faithful to the pure worship practice and form of the Torah then Ezra and Nehemiah would not have had to lead such an intentional revival and restoration to the ancient paths from the Torah. It would be one thing to have to restore proper worship due to years of neglect by the people of the Book who were always supposed to remain faithful to Yahweh, but one does not typically cease a deeply ingrained practice of a religion or ritual without replacing the one they have abandoned, to some degree. In fact, what may often occur is that because of the void left in the life of the individual or people group as a result of neglecting their first love so to speak, they are opened to another taking its place. This is likely what happened to the exiled Israelites. They were sent to exile by God as Jeremiah 29: 7 and other verses teach us.

** my emphasis

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:30:30 PM PST
Cheri says:
No fascination, Allan. We are trying to help those who might go through this time avoid it. God doesn't want any to suffer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:29:38 PM PST
Cheri says:
My guess is this dysfunctional family will continue...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:28:28 PM PST
Cheri says:
But...there wasn't a mass disappearance of Christians before that event.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:25:34 PM PST
Cheri says:
I don't want any to go through this terrible time. Neither does God which is why He hasn't yet come for believers. He is waiting so each person can hear and decide for or against Him. He won't wait forever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:23:37 PM PST
JR Rawlins says:
Is it any wonder that those who hear the 'Gospel' from these guys have such a negative view of Christianity?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:17:24 PM PST
JR Rawlins says:
Nice Chorus. But sad.

Opposition to Zarathustra's teachings? I've yet to find any documentation of opposition.

;-) hate auto spell check. Mine won't let me type hell without changing it to he'll 3 or 4 times first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:09:58 PM PST
Allan says:
sahansdal says: That's horrible. You need a new religion. Really, I'm serious.

Allan: We've been trying for more than four years to help them come to terms with this, sahansdal.

I have never in my life seen such fascination with filth and corruption, doom and disaster, death and destruction, torture and torment as that which dominates the minds of the posse. An unhealthy fixation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:59:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 4:59:23 PM PST
We'll soon see. We're just about there now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:57:57 PM PST
Use "then" not "than" as a conjunctive. "Than" is a comparative. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:55:29 PM PST
Those Jewish believers who heed Jesus warning in Matt 24:15-17 when they see the abomination of desolation set up in the Temple to quickly flee for their lives, perhaps to the area of Bozrah [Petra], will be supernaturally protected by God. [Micah 5:12]

_________

This already happened in 66 CE. James' followers fled Paul to Qumran (near Petra and Jericho) as the 4000 or 5000 depending on the gospel/Acts story. The feeding of the multitude is one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:53:13 PM PST
I know that's what you think. Christians think EVERYTHING is about THEM. But it isn't, sorry to say. Zech. 12:10 (you botched the verse # as 132:10) is about the disciple who feels remorse at having "REVILED" the Messiah ("Hebrew 'daqaru' has as an idiomatic meaning, "reviled" which is the only sense which fits here. They revile the Lord as Messiah, by ignoring the Master, and then mourn him when they realize what they have done. It is not to be Christianized with the phony "piercing" nonsense. See chatbible online for the verse, note #1856.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:47:36 PM PST
Ahhh. Nice photo of home, sweet home. I'm from Santa Cruz.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:46:48 PM PST
Oh. Thanks. I'll now turn your's brown.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 4:44:54 PM PST
I lost out to one of those my first try.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions