Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Question for fundamentalist Christians

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 378 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2012 10:51:41 PM PDT
A few questions:

-Why is it you're so obsessed with death and destruction? (end times)
- Why is it you think your religion is the favored one over all the ones that were present before your religion?
- Why do you support a country like Israel, when it's known in history they've betrayed our trust or lied to us? (ie: USS Liberty, The spy incidents over the last few decades and many others)?
- Why do you insist that certain parts of science is 'lies of satan' ?
- Why do you lie about the world to friends and family (ie: Saying Darwin recanted on his death bed)

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 11:06:13 PM PDT
Jack Vix says:
I want to get God something for Christmas this year... but what do you get a guy that already has omni-presents?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 11:31:27 PM PDT
Joe W says:
Nothing. So that he can make something from it. He loves that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 12:41:02 AM PDT
JoeW,

I needed a giggle from you and Jack!!! Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:19:22 AM PDT
Here are a few answers:

The fact is that the death rate is still one-per-customer (the only exception being Jesus Christ Himself). We ALL have that appointment. As far as destruction goes, it is the enemy who is obsessed with that. Satan knows his eternal end and strives to destroy mankind along with himself.

It is not that our "religion" is favored over others. The simple fact of the matter is that God has made available to EVERYONE an eternity with Him. That IS the purpose for which we were created, every LAST one of us. The choice is ours: go our own way or go the way we were CREATED TO go.

Because Israel is God's chosen country (not the United States) and the Jewish people are His chosen people. Those who stand against Israel will (ultimately) fail in their endeavors. Again, the choice is OURS to make.

Because those "certain parts" are not science; they are religious beliefs and they are, in fact, Satanic lies.

I wouldn't. There is little evidence that Darwin recanted. He is likely burning in hell right now. Why would anyone want to share in his fate?

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:33:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 3:31:30 AM PDT
"It is not that our "religion" is favored over others. The simple fact of the matter is that God has made available to EVERYONE an eternity with Him. That IS the purpose for which we were created, every LAST one of us. The choice is ours: go our own way or go the way we were CREATED TO go."

There were many, MANY pre-christian religions on the planet, paganism and countless others. It's not logical to conclude one religion is anymore true than others; simple argumentum ad populum fallacy applies to religion.

"Because Israel is God's chosen country (not the United States) and the Jewish people are His chosen people. Those who stand against Israel will (ultimately) fail in their endeavors. Again, the choice is OURS to make."

So you'd let a country like Israel lie to us because of something in an ancient book? So if they decided to say, hypothetically, get us into a war with Iran with lies, you'd be OK with it? If you say yes to this, you should have your head examined.

"Because those "certain parts" are not science; they are religious beliefs and they are, in fact, Satanic lies."

Please explain.

"I wouldn't. There is little evidence that Darwin recanted. He is likely burning in hell right now. Why would anyone want to share in his fate? "

I'd rather 'burn' in hell with Gandhi, Carl Sagan, and others, than sit in paradise with Hitler, Jerry Falwell (and others as well)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:38:30 AM PDT
"Monk" -- I'd rather 'burn' in hell with Gandhi, Carl Sagan, and others,

If that is what you'd really rather do, then God will give you what you want. I used to believe the same thing, by the way. Needless to say; things have changed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:11:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 5:31:53 AM PDT
Mickey says:
Any God who would allow anyone to "burn in hell" is an evil, vicious God; anyone who approves is worshiping evil. And no, "free will" is not an excuse. If anyone is choosing evil, it's you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:08:24 AM PDT
Acts5v29 says:
I'm inclined to agree with you Mickey

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:40:16 AM PDT
tokolosi says:
As much as many of us might disagree with Jeremy, he *is* accurately stating the Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christian Company Line, and he *did* answer the OP.

Just sayin'...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 8:12:09 AM PDT
Amon says:
It makes me wonder how full grown adults can believe such things? It's kinda of sad really when you think 'bout it...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 8:39:06 AM PDT
Jack Vix says:
Brilliant! "I already have everything, I always wanted nothing! Such novelty!" I can imagine it now! And I will imagine it then. I like playing pretend. See religious people, I'm not all skepticism, I can play too!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 9:15:18 AM PDT
Mickey says:
Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:14:08 AM PDT
Mickey -- And no, "free will" is not an excuse.

You are correct. Free will is not an excuse. Its a fact. God has provided a way and we don't like that way. I'm not posting this to convince you. I've seen your posts. Only God can help you. I'm responding because others read this stuff for whatever reasons.

So, we can try and foist the evil that WE do upon God, in the end (if we continue to do so) we will stand before Him with our mouths shut up, unable to defend what we've spent our lives trying to justify, namely; our hatred of God and Jesus Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:25:35 AM PDT
Astrocat says:
G., you might be interested in a book by Bishop Spong, titled "The Sins of Scripture". He lays it on the line that the Bible is not the "word of God" (and he's an Episcopalian bishop!), and talks about all the horrors that have been perpetrated in the name of that "word" by so-called Christians.

I'd heard about Spong years ago, but am not a Christian (though I was once), so had put off reading his books. I may not read any of the rest, but this one is very apropos to the studies our group has undertaken for this year, which is the creation of a new world religion, and of course we've studied the existing religions and their scriptures during our discussions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:30:24 AM PDT
Mickey says:
I'll restate: free will is a hollow excuse which holds not a drop of water. You can't even prove the existence of God, heaven and hell let alone justify a God who would inflict a worse fate on the Jews of Europe than Adolf Hitler did.

If you want to convince others - convince them Anne Frank deserves eternal torture and Susan Atkins and Tex Watson deserve eternal paradise. Otherwise, admit you worship evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:30:32 AM PDT
ND -- Bishop Spong, titled "The Sins of Scripture". He lays it on the line that the Bible is not the "word of God" (and he's an Episcopalian bishop!)

This is no longer surprising to me. One CANNOT be a Christian and state that the Bible is not the word of God. Such are described by the Bible as "ravening wolves" and their destruction is assured. It's very sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:41:27 AM PDT
Astrocat says:
Jeremy, Spong is very much a Christian, he's simply wakened to the truth that the Bible was written over many centuries and is not and has never been the "word" of God, but is simply the words of the many people who wrote it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 11:36:06 AM PDT
Celsus says:
Jeremy

>>God has provided a way and we don't like that way. <<

It is a similar "way" to that offered by a jealous psychopathic husband who holds a gun to his wife's head demanding, "Love me or else". Biblegod says, "Love me or burn eternally in hell". Not much of a choice, is it? And, strangely, in the case of the psychopathic husband, we would seek to have him put in prison or a mental home, but Christians worship Biblegod for displaying the same sadistically criminal mindset. Which is both strange and frightening.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:00:33 PM PDT
Celsus, no, not "Love me or go to hell", But do evil to others and show no remorse, and thus be held accountable. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 2:55:09 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Nancy Davison,
It depends on the definition of Christian whether Spong is a Christian or not.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 2:59:07 PM PDT
mrs exp

It appears, on these forums, that it often means agrees with me 100% of the time. I hope instead you are referring to whether he is an ordained minister of a Christian faith.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 3:04:33 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Reed N D Dark,
There is a minimum that a person must believe to be a Christian. One is that the Bible is the word of God. If the Bible isn't the word of God then how does one find out about God.

There is general revelation but that only tells us that he created the universe and that he is divine. To find out about His plan we need what He has revealed to us in the writings of the prophets and apostles.

Also a Christian must believe IMO that Jesus is God incarnate, that he died for our sins and rose the third day and will return from heaven to judge the living and the dead and set up his kingdom where there will be no death, no pain and no tears. We must repent of our sins and trust in Jesus death for forgiveness of our sins.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 3:12:49 PM PDT
mrs exp,

None of what you say precludes Spong from being Christian. I think he is commenting on the absolute literal interpretation which normally leads to contradictions unless you cherry-pick and do a lot of hand waving.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 4:58:04 PM PDT
It is absolutely CLEAR that the Bible is the word of God:

(2 Tim 3:16,17)
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

As I said before Spong is either a wolf or a blind guide. Either way his end (and those who would follow him) is destruction. That's not what I say it's what the Bible says:

(Matt 7:13-15 & 21-23)
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 Because NARROW is the gate and DIFFICULT is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 MANY will say to Me in that day, `Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 And then I will declare to them, `I NEVER KNEW YOU; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

(2 Tim 3:1-7)
1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 HAVING A FORM OF GODLINESS but DENYING its power. And from such people TURN AWAY!
6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Spong is woefully deceived and is deceiving many with his false teachings. I would urge EVERY Christian to COMPLETELY AVOID the LIES of Spong.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  378
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions