Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days we are living in - Part Seven

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2013 10:56:36 AM PST
OSAS says:
This discussion is based on the following points of view which are believed to be scripturally accurate. 1. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God. 2. It is meant to be read literally not allegorically or metaphorically unless otherwise specified within the text. 3. This discussion is from a born again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ's perspective 4. This discussion is based on a pre-tribulation rapture point of view.

We are living in the last days. Nations are attempting to divide the small Nation of Israel, God's land and the UN wants to declare a Palestinian State within its borders and divide God's City Jerusalem. This would give Israel indefensible borders and set her up for annihilation which is something God will never allow. The prophet's Joel and Zechariah prophesied these event thousands of years ago and warned of God's fierce judgment against all nations who take part in dividing the land, His City and those who come against His people. This includes the United States, whose government continually attempts to take steps to orchestrate Israel division and ultimate destruction, instead of defending Israel's right to exist in its God given land as a sovereign nation.

Jerusalem and its alternative Hebrew name Zion appear 850 times in the Old Testament and 142 Times in the New Testament for a total of 992 times in the Holy Bible. Neither the name Jerusalem nor any of the 16 various Arabic names for Jerusalem is mentioned in the Koran. In an expanded interpretation of the Koran from the 12th century, one passage is said to refer to Jerusalem.

Regarding the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares, "To your descendants [Abraham's] I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates." God later confirms this promise to Abraham's son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel). When the Israelites were about to invade the Promised Land, God reiterated the land promise, as recorded in Joshua 1:4, "Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates - all the Hittite country - to the Great Sea on the west."

With these two passages in mind, the territory that God gave to Israel included everything from the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon (North to South) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (West to East). This includes all of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus parts of Egypt and Syria, all of Jordan, part of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a small percentage of the land God has promised.

In addition to the above passages, Ezekiel 47:13-48:35 recount's the Lord's measurements of the land given to the Israelites. He begins with "Thus says the Lord God: `These are the borders'" and finishes with a declaration that its capital (Jerusalem) shall be called "The Lord is There." (Ez 48:35)

Israel is the only nation on earth who has been allocated land by Almighty God with the title deed to their land recorded in the Holy Bible.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, "Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the Euphrates." Genesis 15:18

"And I will give unto thee and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God." Genesis 17:8

God said, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee, and in thee shall all the families be blessed." Genesis 12:3
And again God said, "The land shall not be sold for ever, for the land is Mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with Me." Leviticus 25:23

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted My land." Joel 3:2

God said: "But I have chosen Jerusalem that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people." 2 Chronicles 6:11

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: "He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; [Israel] for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye." (Zech 2:8)

"The day of the Lord is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you: your deeds will return upon you own head." (Obadiah 15)

"It shall be in that day [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zach 12:9

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122:6

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 11:02:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 12:08:05 PM PST
Meanwhile the Spiritual Springtime continues exactly according to God's great plan. The greater and lesser covenants are still in full effect.

"Springtime is springtime, no matter when or how often it comes. The divine Prophets are as the coming of spring, each renewing and quickening the teachings of the Prophet Who came before Him. Just as all seasons of spring are essentially one as to newness of life, vernal showers and beauty, so the essence of the mission and accomplishment of all the Prophets is one and the same. Now the people of religion have lost sight of the essential reality of the spiritual springtime. They have held tenaciously to ancestral forms and imitations, and because of this there is variance, strife and altercation among them. Therefore, we must now abandon these imitations and seek the foundation of the divine teachings; and inasmuch as the foundation is one reality, the divergent religionists must agree in it so that love and unity will be established among all people and denominations."

(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:04:53 AM PST
Birutegal says:
Amen! to your entire, biblically accurate post, t d.

Btw, the "apple" of God's eye is the pupil of the eye. God will not tolerate His eye being poked by those who curse Israel.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:16:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 11:17:28 AM PST
Well, hello there. Haven't 'seen' you in a while.
Welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:37:54 AM PST
Tinker says:
Me either! Good to see you Bir! There is much dissension here as there always has been but God is so good and faithful to those who love Him!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:38:16 AM PST
Tinker says:
Glad to see you started the next thread. The last one really went fast!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:43:16 AM PST
Allan says:
''The above sure doesn't sound like the trials and tribulations suffered throughout history...and the reason the word "great" is placed in front of the commonly known word "tribulation".''

Admit it, B. Nixon, you know nothing at all about world history.

NOTHING Matthew ever saw matched anything like the Black Death, the depredations of the Mongols, either of our world wars, and I bet you know precious little about Spanish 'flu.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 11:45:58 AM PST
Allan says:
mrs exp says: Allan, Unlike Christian Trinity they have a destroyer. Christian Trinity has a Creator, the Father; the Savior, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Helper, the Holy Spirit.

Allan: Not to mention the Christian Devil, without which TDM, Cheri, and B. Nixon have NO justification for their faith in God or Jesus.

(Keep an eye out for the posse's response to that one.
Just don't hold your breath.)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:48:12 AM PST
mrs exp says:
T D Mills,
"This discussion is based on the following points of view which are believed to be scripturally accurate. 1. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God. 2. It is meant to be read literally not allegorically or metaphorically unless otherwise specified within the text. 3. This discussion is from a born again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ's perspective 4. This discussion is based on a pre-tribulation rapture point of view."

If you limit the participants to those who agree with you then what is it but a mutual admiration society. A discussion allows for others to have different points of view.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:50:15 AM PST
mrs exp says:
Allan,
And apparently they is worse to come.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:51:31 AM PST
mrs exp says:
Allan,
The Devil is not part of the Trinity. He is a created creature. He does not equal God. The Devil has nothing to do with our faith in Jesus Christ or God.
exp

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 11:52:26 AM PST
Allan says:
mrs exp says: Lois, Peter is being honest about the true instigators of the crucifixion and ultimately it was all part of God's plan, but the Jewish leader urged the crowd of Jews to call for crucifixion and the release of Barabbas.

Allan: That bit is made up. There is NO evidence ANYWHERE of any such amnesty, and Pilate had a horrendous record for massacring Jews. He could not have cared less about a sectarian dispute among them, all he was interested in was summed up in the sign he had placed on Jesus' cross.

Certainly, though, the political leaders would have been well aware of what would happen to the Jews if a rebellion did indeed start, as we saw in 70AD and when the next would-be Messiah, Bar Kochkba, took on the Romans.

What are your thoughts on Jesus Son of the Father (Jesus bar Abbas)?

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 11:54:38 AM PST
Allan says:
Cheri says: Allan thinks he's being funny in keeping some sort of scoreboard. Another juvenile tactic.

Allan: But you can't deny you all place far more importance on Paul than anything Jesus said, can you, Cheri?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:56:05 AM PST
Tinker says:
Tonya is simply saying what the topic of interest is here, just as other threads do. It helps to let others know so if they are wanting to discuss these things, they will know what we mainly will be talking about.

If those want to come just to put down believers, they have that ability due to Amazon being open to all people. I certainly don't go to forums where I disagree with the topic of discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:57:07 AM PST
mrs exp says:
Allan,
There is definitely evidence of such amnesty. It is in an historical document call the New Testament.

I have no thoughts nor interest in Jesus Son of the Father (Jesus bar Abbas)
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:58:03 AM PST
Tinker says:
Just as in the time of Noah it was a disaster never before seen at that extent, so it will be during the endtimes. Just as Pharoah had to experience terrible times because of his rebellion, so will those during that time under the world leadership experience wave after wave of God trying to get their attention and also judgement.

I don't want anyone to have to go through that time.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:59:00 AM PST
Tinker says:
I would agree except he is the reason so many turn away from God. It's like a teenager that is in the wrong crowd and do things they know they shouldn't but do it because of the influence of others.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 11:59:25 AM PST
Allan says:
mrs exp says: Allan, And apparently there is worse to come.

Allan: The ONLY thing we have to worry about, mrs exp, is whether the Abrahamic religions brings a nuclear inferno. If they do, there is no way of cleaning up the mess. Another pandemic such as the Spanish 'flu will have a major impact, but our science will minimise the damage.

Albert Einstein: I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:00:15 PM PST
Tinker says:
I DO deny it. I believe Billy Graham and his sermons were to bring people to Christ and to show believers the way they should live, but I certainly don't hold him higher than Jesus. He is a man, as Paul was, not sent from God.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:02:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 12:09:35 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Allan
The Gospels
deeds
information
evangelization
pattern of the church
The Epistles
doctrine
interpretation
edification
policy of the church
Norman Geisler, A Popular Survey of the New Testament
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:04:00 PM PST
Allan says:
mrs exp says: Allan, The Devil ...does not equal God.

Allan: The Tanakh satans are ALL loyal servants of God, given the job-title satan/Adversary. I know it is hard for many Christians to accept this, but it is indisputable.

'' The Devil has nothing to do with our faith in Jesus Christ or God.''

Nothing to do with yours I understand, but I DID specify the posse. They have admitted that without their Christian Devil and Christian Hell they have NO reason to believe in God or Jesus. Just look at how much importance they assign to him in their posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:04:27 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Cheri,
I wouldn't want to go through that time either, but I will gladly go through it if I am still alive because it will mean that Jesus is coming soon.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:05:21 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Cheri,
Well the influence of the Devil is all around us.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:06:17 PM PST
Allan says:
mrs exp says: Allan, There is definitely evidence of such amnesty. It is in an historical document call the New Testament.

Allan: And nowhere else, despite the fact the Romans kept excellent records.

''I have no thoughts nor interest in Jesus Son of the Father (Jesus bar Abbas)''

Turning a blind eye?

There HAD to be a reason he was mentioned and specifically named.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:06:37 PM PST
Tinker says:
I would agree. He will be faithful no matter where we are but I do believe with all my heart that He has promised we will be taken up to meet Him in the air, just as He protected others throughout history. Time will tell~
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions