Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

when "obama worship" takes excessive liberties:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 245 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2012 10:13:42 AM PST
DoC BiC says:
And Jesus prayed, Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34a):

"The initial comments made by Foxx at the Soul Train music awards last month likened his crowd to a church.
"It's like church over here. It's like church in here," Foxx said at the awards show. "First of all, giving honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama." The actor's comment was met with applause and cheers."

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/jamie-foxx-defends-calling-barack-obama-lord-and-savior-86090/#fswYQ1hv6AtxOrTk.99

AND:

"An artist whose depiction of President Barack Obama wearing a crown of thorns and standing in a crucifixion pose"

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/crucified-obama-painting-displayed-at-boston-gallery-still-controversial-85662/#65muVLRUASVY7LR1.99

I'm too speechless to add a comment to this; but you're welcome to do so.

However, I do ask our President to denounce both of these, and speak more to his Christian beliefs, while representing all citizens.
It is not inconsistent with the Office of the President to do so. Yet, a failure to do so inevitably leads to excessive liberties.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:21:07 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Please. Do you not understand sarcasm, satire, and irony when it stares you in the face? Unbelievable that anyone would take this seriously.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:33:56 AM PST
DoC BiC says:
Interesting labels....we label it "blasphemy".

I wonder which finds more disfavor with God, Christian tolerance of blasphemy, or Muslim intolerance of it? (rhetorical)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:24:01 AM PST
JJB says:
how about letting God speak for himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:35:58 AM PST
A Customer says:
If he was actually a Christian he would ask people to stop worshipping him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:37:40 AM PST
They're just making fun of people like you who claim that anyone worships President Obama.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:39:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 11:39:39 AM PST
nameinuse says:
Yeah they were taking a piss at the whole messiah right wing talking point the Republicans have fixated on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:40:04 AM PST
DoC BiC says:
"You shall not use or repeat the name of the Lord your God in vain [that is, lightly or frivolously, in false affirmations or profanely]; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain." Exod 20:7

"You shall not make yourself any graven image [to worship it] or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;" Exod 20:4

Hmmmm........looks like He already spoke for Himself.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:41:56 AM PST
nameinuse says:
If you think they were worshipping anything there, you have some serious perception issues.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:47:50 AM PST
Ehkzu says:
In my experience you cannot define "irony" in such a way that someone who lacks a sense of irony can understand you.They quickly conclude you're trying to pull the wool over their eyes in some way and than ignore the rest of what you say.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:50:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 11:52:54 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
As I'm neither a Christian or a Muslim, the question is irrelevant.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:52:02 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Oh, please. No one is worshipping Obama in the way that you Christians claim to worship your God. It is an ironic metaphor. But that's probably too deep a concept for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:52:43 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Not my problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:55:13 AM PST
A Customer says:
Kessler, is it something deep in your psyche that compels you to respond with catty posts like that all the time?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:56:59 AM PST
nameinuse says:
You must have read your first post here. You wrote it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 12:05:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 12:09:22 PM PST
JJB says:
so if he is omnipotent and people have not listened, what makes you think, you, a lesser being, will be more successful? since when did he appoint you his mouth piece?

once again, why don't you let him speak for himself. it's not as though he can't drop a piano on those he are ticked off with.

once again let him speak for himself - unless you think he's dumb and powerless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 12:07:50 PM PST
JJB says:
much too deep a concept.

but the problem is exacerbated when you are filled with hate. Such people take every and all opportunity to spew their virulent hatred.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 12:10:27 PM PST
JJB says:
LOL -

zing!

bam!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 12:13:05 PM PST
A Customer says:
I suspect you need a better understanding of the word "catty"

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=catty

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 12:21:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 12:22:24 PM PST
A Customer says:
Btw, I've seen posters on this forum say that God himself "appointed Obama president", "not once but twice", and to go against the plans and agenda of Obama is to go against the wishes of God himself.

I don't know if that is worship or something far creepier.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 12:50:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 12:51:09 PM PST
JJB says:
btw, i have seen posters who claim to be christian, but who are not, continually criticize, castigate, slander, lie on, libel spew hate on and make racist remarks about president obama.

what such people refuse to acknowledge, is the very bible that they claim to be God's perfect word; that very same bible that says:

God appoints rulers
touch not the Lord's appointed
Christians are supposed to pray for all those in authority - not lie on them, not slander them, not make racist and bigoted remarks about them at every opportunity.

now many people are christians in name only and God will deal with their hatred of his appointed rulers in due course... in the meantime

God is good
God is great
4 more years

yeah God!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 12:58:24 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Macheath,

Indeed, that would be "something creepier".
Christian guidance is actually based on:

Romans 13:1-2 (AMP) Let every person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God's appointment. Therefore he who resists and sets himself up against the authorities resists what God has appointed and arranged [in divine order]. And those who resist will bring down judgment upon themselves [receiving the penalty due them].

As you can see, there is moderation in the instruction, urging support of law versus lawlessness.

A conflict does arise when man-made law opposes God's law. As the previous instruction does not guarantee appointed leaders will always properly govern by God's Will, no more than we will, as well. Also, in such a case there is instruction:

Mark 12:17 (KJV)
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Hebrews 13:17 (AMP)
Obey your spiritual leaders and submit to them [continually recognizing their authority over you], for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render an account [of their trust]. [Do your part to] let them do this with gladness and not with sighing and groaning, for that would not be profitable to you [either].

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 1:04:22 PM PST
A Customer says:
Yes, I imagine that was Hitler's favorite bible verse. And all the lemmings that blindly pledged allegiance to him.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 1:05:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 1:10:44 PM PST
nameinuse says:
You read the kinds of stuff these guys write...and it's really no mystery those elections results.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 1:15:40 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Macheath,
I don't doubt you; Hitler distorted so much of scripture during his rise to power, and the masses didn't seem to know fact from fiction regarding it; unfortunately, many of the churches, Catholic and Protestant, were equally culpable.
A really good bestseller on the subject worth the read for great insight into the period is:

"Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy"

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy

It's available on Amazon.com
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  245
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions