Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2012 4:09:50 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The Ragamuffin GospelGrace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We ImagineTie Dye Devotions V.1Tie Dye Devotions V. 2

The above are good revernces for this discussion.

This discussion is ALL about the Amazing never ending Grace and Love of God- Hope you enjoy!

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 4:10:46 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
THE ONLY 6 WORDS YOU NEED FOR 2013!

THE ONLY 6 WORDS YOU NEED FOR SPIRITUAL LIFE!

What one truth will pull you through the tough days ahead?

What tells you that this moment is perfect?

Please read 2 Corinthians 12:9

9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

You: "But I have to obey all the doctrine of my church"

God: "MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU"

You: "But I have to overcome this one thing"

You: "But I have to own a house and retire by this age"

God: "MY GRACE IS SUFFCIENT FOR YOU"

You: "But I have this problem with _________________"

Sufficient means you don't need anything else! These 6 words mean ALL you need is already provided by what He has already done- SO REST IN THAT!

Being close to God and growing spiritually is not competition, it's not a mountain to climb, it's not a grin and bear it because you are almost dead anyway and that means you will be in Heaven.

Spiritual Growth is the moment to moment awareness and growing acceptance that He has done it all and He has provided all you need for this moment! A spiritual Being who is resting in Christ is the one that gets the fact that everything as it is in this moment was perfectly designed for them by the One that Loves them more than ever thought humanly possible because the Love is from God!

Paul's spiritual growth led him to understand that "in whatever state I am I am content" and yes that is possible with GRACE! But only with GRACE! The law and your good works will never be sufficient!

Find a time and a space anytime you need to during the day but I also suggest starting your day with at least 15 minutes of this for a while until you start to see Grace grow roots in your life.

Breathe in and say:

"His Grace"

Breathe out and say:

"Is sufficient for me"

Practice this meditation for a while and if you ever start thinking you don't need it or its getting old- Keep practicing it!! Remember it's His Grace- not yours, not your works and not anything else that is sufficient!

BeGraceFull.com!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 4:55:45 PM PST
LovedByGod says:
Love this study. There really is cause to think when reading the verse "my grace is sufficient for you".

Either Jesus meant it or He was telling a cruel lie.

Given all that He went through for us to demonstrate His love for us, I am saying that He really meant those words. It just wouldn't make sense for Him not to mean what He said.

Paul believed it and lived by that principle and "promise", and it is a truly wonderful promise. Paul was content and joyful even in the most dire circumstances. He understood that Christ was His Loving Saviour and would carry him through any circumstances in this world and would see him safely into the world to come.

What beautiful faith Paul had.
What a wonderful and powerful promise of love we all have through faith in Christ!

I just happen to be reading The Ragamuffin Gospel at this time. So very good and inspiring. I just finished reading the description of "The Prodigal Son". This parable never grows old to me. The father runs to meet the son, embraces him, and accepts him back before he can even apologize or explain. Clothes him with a robe, gives him a ring and has a big celebration. No demands, no signing an agreement or stipulations. He just freely gives his son his love.

God's grace. How beautiful and amazing! Unbelievable!

Thank you so much for this lesson you posted. It has helped me even more.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 5:32:26 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

Thank you Sister! Great to see you on here as I guess we ran out of real estate on the old one!

That story never will get old either! I love the way Jesus shows the contrast between Grace (the Prodigal) and Law (the Son who stayed and did the checklist) That is such a marvelous image of what is to come and what is now and how our entire being is a spiritual journey in which even at the trough God knew what was for lunch!

God's Love is Amazing and His Grace is Sufficient for me!

Thank you again Sister- may your New Year's celebration be a Great time for you and yours to see the work He continues to do!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 7:44:13 PM PST
Loved, not just faith, but obedience, for "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Romans 2:13), same as Jesus Christ our God affirmed, "If you wish to enter into Life, then keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:17) and not just faith in Jesus, for even if one has all faith, but does not love others, it is useless. (1 Corinthians 13;2, Matthew 25;35,42, James 2;24, Revelation 2;23). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 9:14:31 PM PST
for once the popebot got it right

faith without works is dead faith

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:42:45 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Glad you could make it Matthew

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 4:44:21 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
andthehorseirodiontoo?

But the question is what does that mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 5:04:57 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
Good morning Horse and Matthew,

Yes, definitely, a life full of faith and trust in God demonstrates acts of love and compassion and caring, a life in step with God, a walking with Christ.

I'm seeing the place where we differ is in who is given the credit for these acts. I see that God has poured His love into us and it is that love that reaches from us to others in acts of love and compassion. This love we would not be capable of on our own, only because of God that we have this. God works through us caring for others, and puts a confidence in us that we otherwise would not know or have.

I'm not sure what to call these acts that are done, maybe "faith works", "grace works", but regardless of what they are called, I don't feel or see that in any way I can take the credit for them.

Do you see what I am saying?

Once I credit myself with these, I am discounting the grace of God. Being free "in Christ" has delivered me from counting "my good works". Accepting God's grace let's me turn all this over to God and let Him do His work through me. Otherwise, how do I know if I have done enough?
I would always have to be keeping track, and I would also have reason to boast of anything good I had done.

I hope you can see what I mean. I live in God's grace and am thankful for each day of His shaping me, transforming me, and working through me. I can take none of the credit.
Blessings on you both.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:49:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2013 11:19:43 AM PST
Loved, Indeed, we can not take credit for anything, not even our faith, since faith is a requirement on OUR PART, but we must have faith, and then put that faith into action, for even if one has all faith, but does not love others, it is useless. (1 Corinthians 13;2), for "It is by WORKS and NOT by faith ALONE that man is justified", (James 2:24, Revelation 2;23, John 5:29) as Jesus our God affirms, "If you wish to enter into Life, then keep the commandments", and Paul agrees, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God." (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2:13). Blessings to you as well! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:50:58 AM PST
R, Thank you, and I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you a Happy and Blessed New year! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:52:25 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Happy New Year Everyone!!

Please pray for my mother and sister in the states. My mom has some kind of an infection although they thought at first it was a stroke. My sister and she are currently in the ER of a local hospital trying to get things figured out. Thank you!!

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:55:18 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The question is not now or ever has been is faith without works dead- everyone knows and admits it is.
The question is are you saved to do good works OR as the Bible says are good works evidence of the One that lives inside you and continues His work of creating a more Loving person like He was.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 6:00:32 PM PST
R, Yet, even if one has all faith, but does not love others, it is useless! (1 Corinthians 13:2, Revelation 2:23). Happy and Blessed New Year! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:30:04 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
God is in the business of chipping away at that in us that doesn't Love others. God is Love and He wants a relationship with us and as such He is chipping away on that in us which is not Love.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:18:50 PM PST
LovedByGod says:
Bob,
I am so sorry your mom is very sick right now. I Will be praying for her and the rest of your family. Especially, the doctors caring for her, that they will diagnose properly and quickly, then treat her successfully. Love and strength and peace to you all!

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 7:26:35 PM PST
LovedByGod says:
Hope everyone here has a truly blessed New Year! I pray that God leads all of us here to love each other with the love of Christ, and that He grants you each the wonderful peace that only comes from Him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 9:08:00 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

Thank you very much- Its great to know that the family of God knows no borders or boundries!

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:43:50 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The only 6 words I need for the New Year:

"His Grace is sufficient for me"
In my weakness His strength is made known to others and in my pain His Love can flow to others who have that pain. We were created to Be His tools of Love Here and Now And by the Grace of God through which I stand that is exactly what 2013 will be ALL about!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 4:34:51 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
Bob,
You: The only 6 words I need for the New Year:

"His Grace is sufficient for me"
In my weakness His strength is made known to others and in my pain His Love can flow to others who have that pain. We were created to Be His tools of Love Here and Now And by the Grace of God through which I stand that is exactly what 2013 will be ALL about!"

Me: This is such a beautiful truth. Through our weakness and pain His strength is made known. If we had no pain or weakness in life, chances are pretty good we would become quite self righteous and never learn to love. Through the pain He allows we are continually reminded of His suffering and the cross. I know, I am reminded that the love He has given me is none of my doing but a beautiful gift from Him and is Him working in me to help others know Him. It is very easy to get proud.

As you said, He is constantly chipping away at the parts of us that are not loving. That is such a humbling thought. He is constantly working change in us, but also gives us strength for the journey. Even though we have weakness and pain we are able to "rest in Him" knowing we are truly in His Hands forever.
Thank you for that post.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 5:08:33 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

Thank you so very much for sharing and for Being!
Yes my weakness is the strength that others need to see to understand His power and ability to carry us through. God is so Great and that resting in Him as you wrote is such a peaceful rest when we realize that Nothing can seperate us from His Love and the righteous requirements of the law being met in Christ on the cross allow that rest and that comfort.

Thank you sister - I pray that you and yours had a blessed New Years!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 11:19:54 AM PST
Loved, Indeed, we can not take credit for anything, not even our faith, since faith is a requirement on OUR PART, but we must have faith, and then put that faith into action, for even if one has all faith, but does not love others, it is useless. (1 Corinthians 13;2), for "It is by WORKS and NOT by faith ALONE that man is justified", (James 2:24, Revelation 2;23, John 5:29) as Jesus our God affirms, "If you wish to enter into Life, then keep the commandments", and Paul agrees, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God." (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2:13). Blessings to you as well! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 4:30:05 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Religious bullying vs. Love

How far does our Love for a weaker brother or sister reach?

Please read 1 Corinthians 10:28-30

28 "But if someone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. I am referring to the other person's conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another's conscience? If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?"

How far will you go for a brother or sister to not make them stumble?

This is a challenging growth point for me when it comes to Grace.

After all I am free! I am no longer under the law that I never could have kept anyway- But the law of Love- the law of voluntarily placing myself under the law that a brother or sister follows so they won't stumble - this "law" will always be with me because of Love.

The reason this is a challenging growth point is that I have seen this same thing forced out as religious bullying from groups that force people under the old law and basically make everyone miserable with their pious, self-righteous ways.

It's also difficult because once freedom is given it takes a lot to surrender it- but this is spiritual growth that we care more for our brother or sister than we do our own freedom.

If my freedom will cause someone to stop searching for God and His Grace- at this point I need to curtail my freedom. Not because I have to but eventually because I Love the other so much, just like Christ that I don't want to see them in spiritual pain.

Spiritual pain is caused when we can't reconcile where we are spiritually with what we have believe to be true.

Religious bullying is when a person or group of people say that a rule or law is more important than Love.

How far do we go for Love?

How far did Christ go to Love us?

I am not saying I am under the law which causes frustration as it was designed that way- I am saying that if by observing some laws around certain people it causes them to pursue Grace and not turn away from a spiritual track then I will follow those laws around those people out of Love NOT law!

BeGraceFull.com!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 6:00:14 PM PST
I like the concept of letting God do His work through me.

If someone has true faith, he/she will do good works because they are so moved by their faith to do what God wants them to do.

I am not just talking about obedience to the 10 Commandments, though many who insist that this is necessary. I am talking about the good we do that benefits others.

An example:

Last June my church hosted ChristNet for two weeks. One of the men was "adopted" by one of our families, farmers, who gave him a job on the farm and a place to stay at their house. He went to Mass every week and he was unmistakable in his tattered, though no longer dirty clothes. Over the past few weeks he has shown up for Mass in at least one piece of new clothing: a coat, a pair of pants, a pair of shoes, and, today, a new lighterweight jacket and a hoodie.

I see so much of God's work in this story, starting with ChristNet. Each step along the way the adoptive family exhibited their faith in God and showed it through what they did for this man.

Faith without works is dead. Yes. Had the adoptive family merely said "I believe, I believe, I believe," this gentleman might still be homeless, going from place to place with ChristNet, wearing old tattered clothing. But no, because this family put their faith into action, this man has been able to get himself back on his own feet, with their help.

Praise God.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 8:30:52 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Patricia J. Senneville,

Thank you for this beautiful example!
The problem comes when we think we "have to" instead of this being a natural extension or like you said "moved" by their faith. Grace opens the door to a million moments of Love that are totally impossible through the law. Without faith it is impossible to please God because that Faith is how we grow through the Grace God has given.
Thank you again for sharing! Its great to know that only God knows the motives of a man's heart and that is one more reason that I cant judge anyone- My hope and fervent prayer is that hearts every where will create a million points of His light of Love flowing through us- May we all pray for His Love to shine like that.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  1010
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions