The arguments against Mary's sinlessness:
1) Romans 3:23 -- doesn't apply to Mary
2) Infinite Regress of Sinless Grannies -- patently silly.
3) "It's not in the Bible" -- doesn't have to be, although God's holiness, sinners' inability to withstand God's glory, and OT Marian typology, all of which are in Scripture, point to it.
4) "Only Catholics believe it." -- That's an argument?
5) "Catholics didn't believe it until 1854." -- History proves otherwise.
6) Luke 1:47 -- God saved Mary from sin by keeping sin from entering her when she was conceived. Mary then continued, eventually saying, "(F)or he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).
7) Luke 2:22-24: Mary and Joseph offered two turtledoves because a woman who'd had a baby was RITUALLY UNCLEAN. Having a baby is NOT a sin (aborting one is).
Did I leave anything out?
Recent discussions in the Christianity forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|1042||28 days ago|
|Transgender Individuals||1487||4 minutes ago|
|The END TIMES of ATHEISM and atheist forum bullies||10||12 minutes ago|
|The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian.||4291||15 minutes ago|
|Dispensations and the Gospels:||7256||18 minutes ago|
|The way is narrow!||14||54 minutes ago|
|What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss.||4251||1 hour ago|
|Frederick Engels: "On the History of Early Christianity"||38||1 hour ago|
|Six reasons Christianity is a false faith, based on a false god||9479||1 hour ago|
|Part 2- the Newer Thread||7356||1 hour ago|
|My Mob's pub and coffee shop. Part the Eleventh||3487||1 hour ago|
|Sola fide vs Calvinism-lite||1654||1 hour ago|