Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Questions For Mormons

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 355 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 7:58:26 AM PST
A customer says:
This is your chance to ask Mormons Questions. This is also your chance to debate them too! Remember though that they can count a discussion with you as a report to the Mormon leaders as they witnessed to someone!

My first Question is this: If the principle of progression is eternally true, why is it that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not gods of their own worlds?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:24:47 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:59:06 AM PST
A customer says:
andthehorse, who do you think which side I am on. I am asking them to explain this. I am NOT mormon

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:25:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:26:18 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:59:11 AM PST
A customer says:
well, since they claim to be christian, this is the christian forum. I am just trying to show they are not

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 11:48:16 AM PST
Jay Runner says:
Questions:

1. Do LDS believe there is no remission of sins without the shedding of blood?

2. Do LDS believe that without Jesus' shed blood no possibility of salvation exists, that if there had been no cross and no shed blood of Christ every human being is destined for Hell?

Peace in Christ,

Jay

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 12:17:33 PM PST
Sean B says:
2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 12:30:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 12:34:07 PM PST
Sean B says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 1:00:30 PM PST
"I am just trying to show they are not"

Why?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 1:02:54 PM PST
but only one shows up here regularly
maybe two

not likely to get much results with what you want to do

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 1:22:20 PM PST
Jay Runner says:
Sean,

Thank you very much for your answer to my questions, and the effort and time you put into your answer.

I recently was given a BoM and in checking your quotes I came across a note d for Mosiah 3:18 that references to Mosiah 4:2, which would also apply to my question.

I wouldn't have known where to begin to look in the BoM and your answer is a real help.

Peace in Christ,

Jay

ps: I'm not about to swim the Clyde, but thanks again Sean

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 2:25:51 PM PST
Sean B says:
Take care Jay. I'm not familiar with your "Clyde" phrase...

Well at least now I can "can count a discussion with you as a report to the Mormon leaders as they witnessed to someone!"

THe stuff people come up with.

Sean

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 2:50:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 2:51:22 PM PST
Jay Runner says:
Sean,

Isn't the Clyde river near Cumorah in New York?

Okay, make the report, you did well.

Peace in Christ,

Jay

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:01:41 PM PST
M. Russell said: "My first Question is this: If the principle of progression is eternally true, why is it that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not gods of their own worlds?"

Jeff's reply: I get the feeling that you don't understand our doctrine.

The long-term relationship of Christ to the Father is explained well in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28:

"24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, THEN SHALL THE SON ALSO HIMSELF BE SUBJECT UNTO HIM THAT PUT ALL THINGS UNDER HIM, that God may be all in all."

Though Christ is the creator of worlds without number and is a Divine Being; He will be eternally subject to the Father. The Father will always be God.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 3:55:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 4:34:33 PM PST
G. Howard says:
Do you consider Alma 7:10 false prophecy since Jesus was born in Bethlehem?

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 4:07:01 PM PST
Anonymous says:
Sadly, far too many believers in the world today have been duped into believing that once a soul has been saved by the blood of jesus, that person can ultimately lose their salvation at some point in time. There are so many topics of discussion all throughout Scripture in which there is room for slight disagreement, but not when it comes to salvation! Salvation in Christ must always stand alone! It is 100 percent GIFT, 100 percent GRACE! In and of ourselves, we can do nothing to draw closer to our heavenly Creator. Which is why Jesus needed to lower Himself down from heaven; He was on a rescue Mission for you and I and all of humanity, plain and simple!

For those of us who place our complete trust in what Christ did on the cross 2,000 years ago, we needn't worry about the possibility of ever losing our eternal assurance. I mean think about it, why would the angels in heaven ever rejoice for us if there was even a slight chance that we could ever lose our salvation? Wouldn't that be cruel? I think so. The reason they celebrate (instead of resorting to soft, cautious clapping one might hear on a golf course) is because each time a sinner professes faith in Christ, at that precise moment, that name is entered into the Lamb's Book of Life, never to be removed for all of eternity!

The point is this: just because someone professes to have faith in Christ, it doesn't necessarily make it so. Some view Christianity as a membership into an exclusive club or part of a political affiliation or something. But for those of us who have been truly transformed and redeemed by the blood of Jesus, we know who wins in the end, WE DO! HALLELUJAH!

Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once!

Peace y'all!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:40:04 PM PST
A customer says:
to prevent others from being sucked into a false religion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:40:49 PM PST
A customer says:
Oh well, I am not wanting to draw a crowd. If one one or two see the truth, then well done!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:42:25 PM PST
A customer says:
Sean, are you familar with Brian winters on here. He is the one who told me that and he is big in the Mormon Church. I am glad to hear that mormon leaders lie. I will be on my toes from now on!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:43:28 PM PST
A customer says:
Jay, there is not one single place that the BOM say that even exists or even can be proven to exist. Ask them where they are so you can go visit them

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:45:35 PM PST
A customer says:
Jesus is God only. God is Jesus only. I understand your religion quite well and I also understand how they operate to deceive someone to make them think that you believe in the Jesus of the gospel.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:47:40 PM PST
A customer says:
Anonymous, Praise God!

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 4:51:41 PM PST
Anonymous says:
Same to you M. Russel...God bless you bro!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:09:10 PM PST
M. Russell said: "Jesus is God only. God is Jesus only."

Jeff's reply: How do you interpret 1 Corinthians 15:24-28? Doesn't it as well as the entire book of John make it quite clear that Jesus is subordinate to the Father, and acts as His agent?
====

M. Russell said: "I understand your religion quite well and I also understand how they operate to deceive someone to make them think that you believe in the Jesus of the gospel."

Jeff's reply: Why would I need to deceive someone? Are you saying that I don't really believe in the Jesus of the gospels? The gospels are quite clear that Jesus is the SON of God and that He is not the Father. Don't you agree that they are separate persons?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:16:36 PM PST
G. Howard asked: "Do you consider Alma 7:10 false prophecy since Jesus was born in Bethlehem?"

Jeff's reply: No. I doubt that the ancient inhabitants of the New World had any idea of where Bethlehem was; but they did know where Jerusalem was, since it was the land of their Fathers.

An example is when I travel to Asia, when asked where I am from; I say `Phoenix' even though I live in the suburb of `Gilbert'. They sometimes don't even know where Phoenix is and I will say `Arizona'. Sometimes I just have to say the `USA'. When you live on the other side of the world, being within a few miles (or a few hundred) is close enough.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  355
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions