Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Which is the Path Too Christ??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2013 2:27:05 PM PDT
Which religion is the path to Christ?? Amish,Christian,Mormon or Jehovah Witness each one of these religions claims that THEY are the only path to Jesus and say that God is behind them and they follow the word of God with there holy text.The problem with this is each one of them is BIASED towards "beliefs" outside of there own so basically its a matter of RELIGIOUS OPINION that is passed off as being truth when in reality it's NOT!!!

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 3:02:40 PM PDT
MLC says:
Actually, the question isn't what is the path to Christ. The question is what is the path to God and the answer is Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 3:07:23 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 3:39:34 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
horse
What do you think you are doing

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 3:48:43 PM PDT
Charles says:
the yellow brick road !!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 3:57:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 3:58:47 PM PDT
Ambulocetus says:
"just follow Christ
join the original church as it was circa ad35"

So you think that Christians should keep kosher dietary laws, get circumcised, and entirely ignore everything in the New Testament, from the letters of St. Paul (written circa AD 50) to the gospels, the earliest of which was written after AD 50?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel#Dating
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_epistles#Authenticity_of_the_epistles

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 4:08:50 PM PDT
A Customer says:
The great thing about horsie is he unites Christians and atheist. We both have the same opinion of him.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 7:55:36 AM PDT
M. Russell says:
The Bible is the path to Christ and then you receive him according to the gospels. The others you list have their own Bible and they do not line up to his true Word.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 8:21:19 AM PDT
Astrocat says:
Will someone please correct the spelling at the heading to the OP? Clarence, the way it's spelled now it indicates that Christ is "too" (meaning overmuch) - something. It's an incomplete sentence, and makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 10:32:15 AM PDT
Agapao says:
The path to Christ is Christ, Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life. No group should advocate being the path to God or to Christ. We can point the way, but the path is in Christ, of Christ, and through Christ. True religion only teaches what God already taught.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 11:18:07 AM PDT
Eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the Passover Lamb(Christ),is the only way, the Passover Angel(the destroyer),will Passover you at the judgement

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 1:31:48 PM PDT
M. Russell says:
I have been saying exactly that. The example of what the blood was going to do was back in Egypt when the spirit of death passed over all the doors that had the blood on them. He didn't see anyone or their firstborn sons in that house because all he saw was the blood. That is exactly how it will be when God looks at us one day. He won't see anything but blood. The sins will be hidden and baptismal water will not cover anything and sins will be visible. Nice post here

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 2:30:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 2:31:04 PM PDT
"Which religion is the path to Christ??"

If you are not married, join the Order of Friars Minor (Franciscans), or a similar Order in the Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic, Armenian, Assyrian, Syriac, Anglican, or Lutheran Churches. If you are married, join the Third Order of Saint Francis.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 3:00:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 3:05:00 PM PDT
Yes. That is the answer. Bring the population of the world back to 35 CE. Bring back a mindset to people when it was thought that the sun orbited the Earth and any other inaccuracies and superstitions that existed at that time. Then along with all the superstitious supernatural junk people still believe in today. Just brilliant.

Thankfully knowledge, education and understanding progresses by evolving over time. Otherwise we all would still be sitting in tents in the desert wondering why the ground is shaking (Earthquakes) and when we should do the next rain dance.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 3:02:52 PM PDT
Yog-Sothoth says:
SM: "Bring back a mindset to people when it was thought that the Earth orbited the sun and any other inaccuracies and superstitions that existed at that time."

Ummm...the earth DOES orbit the sun...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 3:05:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 3:09:50 PM PDT
Yes. My mistake. Typing too fast for my own good. Thanks for catching my mistake. I'm not use to thinking in those terms of a sun orbiting the Earth. I'm use to the correct orbiting in terms of the planets and our sun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 4:08:26 PM PDT
Nancy,

Once the OP makes their post, the title is "locked in stone". There is no point in getting wrapped up around the axle about it. ;-)

Yours in Christ, Brother Niv

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 4:17:00 PM PDT
LDS is the only sect which doctrinally covers the salvation of folks in other sects. The primary purpose of our temples is to extend authoritative ordinances of salvation to everyone.

7 Thus came the voice of the Lord unto me, saying: All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God;
8 Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;
9 For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts.
10 And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/137?lang=eng

BTW, Christian is not a sect. LDS, Amish, JW are all Christian sects.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 4:29:39 PM PDT
andthehorseirodeinontoo?'s post:
just follow Christ
join the original church as it was circa ad35
================================
And restored in 1830.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/christianity/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx77WQHU8YS50Z&cdPage=17&cdThread=Tx29EVQ50AYFP3Q#CustomerDiscussionsNew

JesusChrist.lds.org

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 5:20:30 PM PDT
The path to Christ is to Seek Him with all your heart, forsaking all else. You won't find in a religion, the relationship you desire.
Jesus said, "You will find me, when you search for me with all your heart". He also said, "No man comes to the Father, but by Me". "If any man come unto you preaching any other Gospel, let him be accursed". He is the way, the truth, the door, the light. the Word made flesh, and the life. There is no other way under Heaven by which a man can be saved. He is just, and the justifier of us all, if we recieve Him.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 6:42:36 PM PDT
Christ, by which I assume you mean Jesus, is one of several paths to God, not a destination unto himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 5:25:17 AM PDT
Jn. 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. (Not one of several paths. the only path)
Jn. 12:32 And I, If I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Jn. 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand, My father which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. (destination unto Himself)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 8:14:04 AM PDT
mack says:
There aren't several paths to God... There is only ONE way threw Jesus Christ!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 11:38:17 AM PDT
M. Russell says:
Amen! If anyone believes there is, I always recommend Oprah's Church. It tells of many paths. The Wide road has many entrances for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 12:31:59 PM PDT
That's right, the road to Heaven is the width of one man, Jesus/Yeshua. The path to Him (the truth) is found through the Love of God. 1Jn. 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us. To worship God, we must do it in truth, by the anointing of the Spirit. Jn. 4:23 But now the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions