Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

the 5 non-negotiable Catholic voter issues

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 838 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2012 8:29:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 8:31:37 PM PDT
Pathfinder says:
In another post someone made the remark that they never heard of the 5 non-negotiable positions of the Catholic Church

They are:

Abortion
Euthanasia
Fetal Stem Cell Research
Human Cloning
Homosexual "Marriage"

http://www.politicalresponsibility.com/voterguide.htm

http://www.saviorquest.com/news1/catholicvoters.htm

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 8:31:43 PM PDT
and all sensible rcc folks ignore the list
soem popebots will kneejerk when they say jump

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 8:46:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 8:50:33 PM PDT
Theresa says:
That's correct. These issues are not compatible with Catholic faith, principles and teaching---all of which are protected by the First Amendment that prohibits impeding the free exercise of religion.

http://www.catholicvote.org/index.php?/site

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 9:22:05 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
Theresa, at least most of them are not illegal.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 11:18:01 PM PDT
The things they won't give up...

Pederasty
Superstition
Denying Science
Human Deceiving
Divorce

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 12:04:20 AM PDT
Bohemian Man says:
Pathfinder,

You forgot condoms.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 7:08:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 7:08:33 AM PDT
A Customer says:
You forgot the 6th non-negotiable Catholic voter issue.

Don't vote for The Empty Chair. He's shown he has zero respect for the religious liberties of Catholic institutions as well as zero respect for the First Amendment.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 7:30:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 7:30:32 AM PDT
Rubedo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 7:33:08 AM PDT
fornication

buggering the ball boyz

killing babies nuns have by the straight priests
and burying the bodies in the monastery garden

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 3:43:42 PM PDT
Theresa says:
Macheath,
it's terrifying to witness this. If a country's leader is able to ignore and/or violate it's own law, then how and where is that leader...leading the country?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 4:39:54 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Theresa, the Empty Chair is a narcissist and has never concerned himself with following the spirit if the Constitution, he's all about imposing his will on the people who were silly enough to put him in office.

Perhaps it was Divine Intervention that directed his brain to shut down in the debate thus saving the country from 4 more years of his banana republic style rule.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 4:52:51 PM PDT
Theresa says:
...and prayers of the faithful!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:15:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 5:15:09 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
Oh, I think you'll find that President Obama's brain is just fine. Wait for it.....

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 5:18:24 PM PDT
B. Josephson says:
My prediction, a majority of RCs will vote for Obama.
t
Okay, now you all can look at he results and praise me for my precognition, or make fun of me for being wrong.

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:20:35 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
Well, B., I fervently hope I will be praising your for you precognition. I, myself, am using the faculty of visualization, and continue to project the headlines on the newspaper the morning after the election:

FOUR MORE YEARS!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:29:03 PM PDT
A Customer says:
B. you will be wrong. The contempt he has shown for Catholics will gets it's blow-back. Many who didn't before, despise him now.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 5:34:58 PM PDT
"Obama surges with Catholic voters, poll shows"

"President Obama has taken flak from Catholic prelates, but he has surged to a 15-point lead among Catholic voters, according to a Pew Research Center poll taken earlier this month.

The Pew poll found the 44th president with a 54-39 percent lead over Mitt Romney among American Catholics. Obama was running even with Romney among white Catholics and has overwhelming support with Latino Catholics.

A similar poll, taken June 17, found Obama leading only 49-47 percent among Catholic voters.

The growth in Obama's support comes despite the fact that Romney chose a conservative Catholic, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, as the Republicans' vice presidential nominee.

The country's conservative Catholic bishops took out after the Obama administration earlier this year, going to court against a mandate that requires church-affiliated universities and hospitals to offer contraception coverage in health care plans for their employees. (The plan was modified so insurance companies, not institutions, would pay for the coverage.)

The bishops promoted a "Fortnight for Freedom" leading up to July 4th, with demonstrations against alleged threats to religious liberty.

But the hierarchy's actions were overshadowed by "Nuns on the Bus," a 14-state tour by a group of Catholic nuns, done to protest cuts in federal social services contained in a proposed budget of which Rep. Ryan is the prime sponsor."

Source: http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2012/09/27/obama-surges-with-catholic-voters-poll/

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:35:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 5:36:29 PM PDT
Bubba says:
I hope you're right; that over 50% of American RCs approve of same sex marriage is a good indicator that many RCs do not agree with the RCC on the issues listed in the OP. There is a very good reason that there are "cafeteria catholics".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:39:30 PM PDT
B. Josephson says:
The RCC is a big church so there are many many opinions among its members. Since I met many RCs in a university setting I was able to see the various views of RCs, and at that time I was surprised to see how many differed in views.

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:40:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 5:49:07 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Oh God. Like clock-work, the thread hijacker, here to steer the conversation to the only thing he ever wants anyone to talk about here.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 5:51:23 PM PDT
Bubba says:
Same sex marriage was one of the issues listed in the OP, and it is an issue that has polling data for RCs. My post was on-topic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:00:00 PM PDT
A Customer says:
I thought I was on ignore?

Rather dishonest of you

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 6:07:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 6:08:57 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Btw, Pew polling has the latest data, as of polling on 10/07/12 Romney leads Obama 52% to 40% among "White (non-Hispanic) Catholics" (Pew's term). And it's a deadheat among "all Catholics".

The Empty Chair skews the Catholic support by buying the votes of Hispanic Catholics.

http://projects.pewforum.org/2012-presidential-election-candidate-religious-groups/#white-catholics

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:18:30 PM PDT
Bubba says:
If a post from an ignored poster is flagged as being a response to my post, I reserve the right to open it and possibly even answer it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:27:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 6:42:55 PM PDT
Reesey says:
Thankfully, ESCR is moot, or should be, as Nobel Prize winner Shinya Yamanaka has shown how to induce adult cells into becoming pluripotent - with only four (yes, FOUR), genes (previous scientific "dogma" held that it would take hundreds).

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/145404

"In 2006, Dr. Yamanaka's research showed that four specific genes control the agents in the egg. Using mice, Yamanaka discovered that mature skin cells could be reprogrammed to become any other kind of cell, which he called inducted pluripotent stem cells (iPS) - basically the equivalent of embryonic stem cells. iPS cells can be taken from adult nerve, heart, or liver cells, and unlike their embryonic cousins, could be taken without destroying human embryos."

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/145404#ixzz28r65QoBL
--brought to you by mental_floss
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  838
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions