Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

The Kingdom - How to enter - In a nutshell?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 100 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 8:57:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:58:17 AM PST
I was an ardent Kingdom Seeker. Used to love listening to Earl Paulk's Kingdom theology, and Twila Paris songs (Kingdom Seekers) etc.

Then I had an Awakening which changed my life. I read yesterday a perfect nutshell description about entering into the Kingdom and how to do it.
You cannot build the Kingdom as it is not built with human hands.
My definition:
Entering the Kingdom is about becoming Spiritually Self-Aware. Its a state of mind that transforms your whole outlook on our existence and God.

In a nutshell: How do you define entering into the Kingdom?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:39:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:44:13 AM PST
It's not how any person here describes entering the Kingdom (as none of us have been there yet.) It's how Jesus Christ described it. One must be "born again" in spirit. One must confess and believe that Jesus is Son of God, who had the authority to forgive sin, died and literally rose up from the grave.

That, in a nutshell is the only way to enter the Kingdom. Anything else you do is just icing.

P.S. I just checked out your profile to see what kind of a guy I was answering. I agree with you 110%. The last 1,700 years are chock full of heresies and doctrinal errors that Jesus Christ never supported.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:06:29 AM PST
How I define it does not matter. Jesus defined it:

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

That pretty much sums it up.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:13:50 AM PST
Why would I want to go? Seems like the ultimate scam to me anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:43:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 11:44:13 AM PST
Astrocat says:
RL, we are already the Kingdom of God (or Souls as it's sometimes called). We don't have to "enter" it, all we have to do is recognize that we are already here, that we are "It".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:20:18 PM PST
Mr. RL, We enter the Kingdom by loving God and neighbor, (Matthew 19:17, 1 Corinthians 13:2, John 13:35, Luke 10:37). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:54:13 PM PST
Very good, Nancy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:04:09 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Thanks, Kathleen. I'm always saddened by the concept that somehow we are poor and benighted and have to have someone else die so we can be "saved" from whatever....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:22:01 PM PST
Nancy, I am often gladdned by the fact that Jesus our God has saved us from our sins if we repent and hope in His mercy and love others! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of christ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:10:37 PM PST
Astrocat says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:31:29 PM PST
Austin Powers was in a nutshell for a short period of time in his first movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:55:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:55:48 PM PST
Nancy, Yet I have at times been a sheep and at times been a goat, and indeed need God to save me. (Isaiah 43:3, 1 John 4;14, Matthew 1:21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Christ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:58:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:58:55 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Matthew, since the Kingdom of God is within each of us - Luke 17:20-21 - that means we are all God in incarnation. So, we "save" ourselves.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:13:54 PM PST
Look at me, this is me in a nutshell.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:09:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:56:22 AM PST
Nancy, excellent, as I see you are quoting from the bible. Then so will I, as Jesus ALSO affirms that although the Kingdom is within, ONLY those who love God and neighbor can have a share in it, ( Matthew 7:21, Luke 13:5, Matthew 18:3, John 3:36, Matthew 18;8,9, John 5:29). Peace always in the

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:51:49 AM PST
Vicki says:
Dear RL,

You asked :"How do you define entering into the Kingdom?"

One enters the Kingdom of God by repenting of their sins and placing their faith in Jesus (his life, death, resurrection, and ascencion). Believers are then transferred from the dominion of darkness into God's kingdom, when they are born again.

I kind of agree with you that entering the Kingdom is about becoming aware-
but I would say that it is a matter of becoming aware of the fact that we are sinners who need a savior, instead of "becoming Spiritually Self-Aware", as you worded it.

I do agree that the Kingdom is not built with "human hands". It is God's Kingdom, He invites us in, but we must enter through the way He has provided, His Son.

To me, God builds His Kingdom, inaugurated here on earth by Jesus- a kind of in-breaking into this world, by God Himself. God's Kingdom hasn't seen complete fulfillment, yet, however.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:58:28 AM PST
Nancy, yet, since ONLY Jesus is God, (John 20:28, Acts 3:15), and not us, we shall be saved by Him and His Most Precious Blood, (1 John 4;14, Matthew 1:21, 1 Peter 1:19) if we repent and hope in His mercy. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus pur Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:25:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:27:40 AM PST
first define the kingdom
what are you talking about

denmark and norway still have kings
you could move there and enter their kingdom

england has a queen
is that close enough ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:25:46 AM PST
didnt see no kingdom in that post
totally unresponsive to teh OP

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:27:17 AM PST
that interpretation is a stretch

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:19:32 AM PST
Vicki: The problem is many people here do NOT want that particular type of self-awareness that we are all sinners facing a final judgement in need of forgiveness.

I believe as C.S. Lewis did, if you accept Christ as personal savior, then all the experiences you had on earth begin to take on the flavor and aroma of heaven in your memory. For those few holdouts who reject Christ's forgiveness, the smoke of hell infects every minute of their earthly memory.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:36:24 AM PST
Joe W says:
mr critic: I believe as C.S. Lewis did, if you accept Christ as personal savior, then all the experiences you had on earth begin to take on the flavor and aroma of heaven in your memory. For those few holdouts who reject Christ's forgiveness, the smoke of hell infects every minute of their earthly memory.

Joe: I am sure that is a very self-satisfying assessment for you. It reinforces your contentment with your own choices by admiring yourself and deriding others. As it happens your derision of "those few holdouts", numbering 2/3 of humanity, don't actually experience hell or any of your other imagined metaphors.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:42:11 AM PST
We get it Joe W...you're an atheist! Those 2/3 of humanity are about to see the book of Revelation being fulfilled. The anti-christ will take power over all of Europe in the next few years and billions will realize John was speaking God's final warnings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:54:52 AM PST
Joe W says:
mr critic: We get it Joe W...you're an atheist!

Joe: Yes. I am sure that you got that before. So unless you are simply expressing annoyance that I do not keep to what you consider to be my place, or that you don't get to sound off about your religion unchallenged, your sentence says nothing.

mr critic: Those 2/3 of humanity are about to see the book of Revelation being fulfilled. The anti-christ will take power over all of Europe in the next few years and billions will realize John was speaking God's final warnings.

joe: so you claim. what is deplorable is the amount of unbridled satisfaction that you take in what you believe to be the misfortune of others. you are actually getting off on shouting you're doomed, you're doomed phrases. a moral person does not revel in the anticipation of the pain of others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:57:54 AM PST
Nova137 says:
It is to know, but, that we have never left.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  100
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions