Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 630 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 10:08:15 PM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Yeah.your on...:).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:19:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 8:20:46 AM PDT
Craig says:
Sarah says: "Is absence of a teaching evidence of indifference? In that case, he said, in effect, "I don't care."

Good point Sarah, but I have studied the bible, and the teachings from Jesus in it. He seemed to be more about loving and caring for our neighbors rather than condemning them, as Raymond was insinuating. I go to church every Sunday at a fundamental Christian church. I am getting very tired of Christians condemning others for certain sins (their terms, not mine), yet they have serious ones of their own. What comes to mind as I look around at most of those Christians is gluttony, laziness and lack of hospitality towards "unbelievers". I tire of the hypocrisy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 7:13:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 7:14:06 PM PDT
ace™ says:
"Come to think of it, given that principle [jesus' indifference about homosexuality meaning "i don't care"], he made that implied statement about quite a few issues that many folks nowadays consider important: abortion, slavery, genocide, suicide bombs, insider trading... How about infanticide? Suicide? Treason? conspiracies in restraint of trade? giving birth out of wedlock? selling human organs on the black market? Seem like a lot of indifference on his part."

yes, it does, especially considering that suicide bombs, insider trading, conspiracies in restraint of trade and selling human organs on the black market didn't exist in his day... and, lucky him. how the human race has changed. not sure they even knew that there WERE internal organs in his day.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:40:37 PM PDT
esdc says:
ESTER

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:23:03 PM PDT
JagdTiger says:
I believe they did the Egyptian rituals had organs removed before burial.

there may have been some Babylon practice that was similar.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 11:06:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 11:08:14 PM PDT
take out the 2x4 out of your eye so you can SEE TO take the splinter out of your brothers eye .. thx

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 2:02:47 PM PDT
A request: When clicking on a forum name, such that the individual threads are shown, you note that a thread was created by a poster on Ignore. This is a useful feature, but does not obviate the need to also actually show the name of the thread, as even a thread initiated by a nitwit may have some valuable subsequent posts.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:20:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 15, 2012 5:27:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 6:48:42 PM PDT
C. Gramze says:
Underlining? I was taught that book titles are italicized or placed in quotes, not underlined - so I put them in quotes.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 5:32:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 16, 2012 5:24:11 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 10:11:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2012 10:32:12 AM PDT
amazon needs to offer chick a filet coupons to liberal posters.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2012 8:55:08 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Thanks for creating this forum. It is much needed.

I wish when we report someone, it was at least checked out. Maybe it is, but the language and the content at times gets really out of line. Not 'dinner party' like, at all.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 11:16:03 PM PDT
Is there any way to eliminate the posts of those who are not participating in your discussion, but are attempting to disrupt it? See 'John 1:1c and Colwell's Rule' -

http://www.amazon.com/forum/christianity/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx77WQHU8YS50Z&cdThread=Tx27J2L1XR615VK

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 12:28:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 30, 2012 12:30:21 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 9:26:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 3, 2012 9:40:34 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:57:57 PM PDT
andy f says:
I've noticed that some apple apps such as "forum runner" and others allow users to access their favorite forums through an app that is customizable.I believe that they have a disclaimer saying that the forum host has to download software to make it work.Has Amazon done this with any of these apps? If the download free for amazon then it might be worth taking a look at.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 6:00:31 PM PDT
jpl says:
(1) I'd like to see a limited run on posts like "Mary was sinless (Part VI)", and countless other posts that have literally thousands of responses. They lose their meaning. Doing away with such threads would enhance a larger number of creative threads. I propose a limit on responses.

(2) We need the use of quotation marks, italics, bold, and underline too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 6:18:08 AM PDT
Mr.Gatz says:
I agree with everything on (2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 7:50:44 AM PDT
JR Rawlins says:
Amazon,
The 'system' seems to be 'bouncing' and cutting off the last portion of some posts. I also had difficulty getting the 'product link' to activate. Is there a fix in the works?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:44:09 PM PST
jpl says:
Why are forums allowed to go on for thousands of posts unabated?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:55:09 PM PST
JagdTiger says:
You mean with no moderation? They really monitor themselves.

Of course it is plausible they are waiting for all the positive and negative energy of the posts in the thread to come together to form some cataclysmic event which maybe then a mod will check on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:05:48 AM PST
Mellifluous says:
Why not?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:59:07 PM PST
Ace says:
Hi are you doing Female ACE, you know there can only be one A.C.E

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:21:43 AM PST
Raymo says:
Spell check is a great idea!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:32:54 AM PST
Forgiveness Did you read this book. This book provides a deep insight on divine mercy and forgiveness, based on the Holy Scripture. A lot of people around us are living and burning in the fire of hatred and revenge.. At the same time life experiences of those who got drenched in Christian forgiveness and there by the Manasseh (Christian forgiveness) becomes an experience of blessings -a new and varied style of writing , narrating the experiences of healing and Christian insights- a divine touch of scripture. Who feels that they can't forgive to their enemies must read this book.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
629 19 days ago
Where do DEAD people go? 550 15 minutes ago
What is the Kingdom of God? Jesus said to seek it first...above all else. 25 19 minutes ago
The Watchers 2066 21 minutes ago
Can Christianity be saved from the harm done by Literalist ID/Creationist End Times fundies: Part the Eighth 3337 34 minutes ago
Catholicism is based on Jesus Christ - Part 10 1814 51 minutes ago
Pope Francis Meets With Female Head Of Church Of Sweden 620 1 hour ago
Are the Bahai's a cult? 510 1 hour ago
"If we are lovers of the light we adore it in whatever lamp it may become manifest" 1683 2 hours ago
Seriously starting to change my mind about atheism. Can someone tell me why I'm wrong 2876 2 hours ago
What does the cross mean to you? 2169 2 hours ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXIX 8740 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  142
Total posts:  630
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions