Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Δ Super Secret Atheist Meeting (password protected thread)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 194 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:05:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 2:07:33 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Epistem Quest,
If members of the clergy are members of your organization I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. For God can read into the minds of men and He knows all.

Hypocrisy is one of things he dislikes the most. Going through the motions with really believing. And then there is the danger of being a teacher; they are held to a higher standard.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:05:01 PM PST
mrs exp

pedophile priests are a good example.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:16:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 5:24:09 PM PST
Hi Mrs exp,

It was all tongue-in-cheek on my part. I'm not a member of any atheistic organization. I did see a video with Daniel Dennett (who is an atheist) in which he was discussing the fact that there are some clergy who have lost their faith, but have not come out about it to their congregations. As I recall, he doesn't paint them in a bad light. He looks at their plight rather sympathetically. If I find the link, I will paste it to this discussion just in case you care to look at it.

When I was a believer, I wondered sometimes whether some liberal clergy were being a bit disingenuous about belief in God. On the other hand, maybe they defined God so broadly that they felt they are being honest. It really doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't have any skin in that fight. Be well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:33:44 PM PST
mrs exp,

If you Google "The Clergy Project" you can view their home page and get an idea about clergy who don't believe in the supernatural anymore. I'm going to do some reading on that website.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:40:35 PM PST
Irish Lace says:
"Mr. Club President? I recruited my quota this month. When do I get my toaster? "

What? No virgins?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:41:46 PM PST
Irish Lace says:
And don't, for the love of Zeus, spill the beans about the PoTUS!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:46:30 PM PST
Irish Lace,

Very good point! I might have blabbed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:54:11 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
What atheist male in his right mind would want a virgin? They aloe experience!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:54:48 PM PST
B-Jak says:
I get virgins, too?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:58:39 PM PST
S. Kessler: What atheist male in his right mind would want a virgin? They aloe experience!

Aloe experience? Do they need to heal faster?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:09:38 PM PST
Irish Lace says:
Ah, yes, point taken, SK.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:33:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:34:49 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Epistem Quest,
I've already been to that site. I think I would find an unbeliever as a pastor rather bland. You can't generate love if you don't love yourself. I feel for them. But if they have lead some of their congregation away from God I pity them. I've heard it around 40%.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:13:03 PM PST
B-Jak says: Mr. Club President? I recruited my quota this month. When do I get my toaster?

JC: You apparently didn't get the memo. When they were informed that toasters are useless where we're all headed, they changed the monthly quota prize to a parasol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:21:35 PM PST
People
Once
Taught
Untenable
Silliness

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:56:56 PM PST
B-Jak says:
What am I supposed to do, stab my bread with it and hold it over the flames?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:07:52 PM PST
Irish Lace says:
Oh, Jettos, isn't that just immeasurably precious? Cute beyond words! Seriously gagworthy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:49:19 PM PST
Mrs. exp, are you saying that unbelievers can't love themselves?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:07:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 12:09:36 AM PST
Rachel,

It appears that Christianity as an institution in general is based upon unsubstantiated accusations or statements which can be and is aimed at groups of people or individuals who are not Christians. Christianity as an institution, it is very, very weak in the evidence category (nonexistent actually), but that weakness is covered up with an authoritative tone with lots of bible verses as if that will make the individual quake in their boots and cave in to the belief.

The ploy often used is "we" versus the "you" tactic. You can not be a loving person unless you have our Christian belief etc... Lots of disinformation is also thrown in the direction of opposing views. Atheists are communists. Atheists are immoral. Atheists are devil worshipers. Atheists can not love. Atheists are this or that.....on and on. If someone throws enough crap, hopefully some of it will stick is the tactic that is employed it appears.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 1:46:17 AM PST
>>I'm too effing lazy to get up early enough for atheist church.<<

Yeah, I was going to join The apathy society but I couldn't be bothered.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 1:49:34 AM PST
>>Atheists are communists. Atheists are immoral. Atheists are devil worshipers. Atheists can not love. Atheists are this or that.....on and on.<<

For Cthulhus sake stop telling everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:32:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 7:33:07 AM PST
Buck,

Yeah, I know. I'm letting the cat out of the bag. I have to go to our 2:00 AM atheist meeting. It is devil and communist night/morning. So everyone needs to wear red. We are also having our monthly chicken sacrifice. It was suppose to be on Dec 25th but we needed to keep up the deception and stay home to do the Christmas Day thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:39:14 AM PST
I've got my goat leggings on as we speak.....

.....but it's not a religion thing, honest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:40:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 7:41:26 AM PST
>>It was suppose to be on Dec 25th but we needed to keep up the deception and stay home to do the Christmas Day thing.<<

Is that Christmas thing STILL around?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:47:25 AM PST
You're right, SM. The funny thing is that if you uncover a particularly noxious believer, the other believers will scream that the guy is not indicative of ALL believers. But they have zero problem lumping all atheists together. Go figure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:51:08 AM PST
Hmmm. We had chicken for Christmas. Coincidence or conspiracy?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa253206c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  194
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions