Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 9:32:59 PM PST
Recently there was a story on the news about a young couple whose child had died, I believe it was some form of cancer. A few days after the funeral they went to a fast food restaurant and when they had finished paying for their food, they gave the cashier money to pay for the next person's food, in honor of their son, stating his name. This started a chain reaction of "pay it forward." They said that they realized it had caught fire when they were out eating at a sit-down restaurant several weeks or months later and the waitress gave them a note saying that their meal was paid for by someone anonymous in honor of (stated the boy's name). Whether or not the payers knew who the couple were, they did not know, but they knew that the waitress did not know who they were.

The story brought tears to my eyes. Their faith as Christians moved them to do something to honor their child's short life. And that small act of kindness spread and created more acts of kindness.

If someone were to tell me that wasn't the hand of God leading those people to be so kind, I would walk away in wonder.

God moves us. We act because we have faith. "Have to" seems like too harsh of a word. I'm more inclined to say "compelled to." I felt compelled to put a little extra cash in the collection basket; I felt compelled to buy the extra cans of food and give them to the local food pantry; I felt compelled to help the elderly woman put her groceries in the car. What compels me? My faith in God; my knowledge that that is exactly what he wants me to do.

May you have a blessed New Year.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 11:17:42 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Hebrews 12:18- the end of the chapter talk all about two montains-
One is Law
One is Grace

One is fear
One is Zion

One is having animals stoned and ritual burnings= law
One is about peace and the perfect love that drives out fear= Grace

Take your pic good luck with one
Welcome Home with the other!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 11:22:20 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Yes Patricia I saw that story - its a whole movement now and it is a beautiful thing!

I think Grace compels us but many are not following Grace based Christianity and they choose instead a law based religiousity- This is a big part of why I write. I have a blog at begracefull.com and I have a couple of small books on Kindle as well as I encourage such wonderful stories of Grace like the one you shared here.

Thank you very much for sharing and Yes we desperatly need more lights of Love shinning here!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 5:34:09 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Grace Mountain!

What mountain are you on?

Please read Hebrews 12:18-24

Vs. 18 "You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, because they could not bear what was commanded: "If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death." The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, "I am trembling with fear." But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel."

Two mountains- which one would you prefer?

One is based on Law, "darkness, gloom and storm" and fear that was even too much for Moses!

The other is based on "thousands and thousands of angels in joyful assembly", "the living God", "the heavenly Jerusalem" - in short "to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant."

Again this is just another beautiful portrait of law vs. Grace.

Am I saying that the law is bad?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

For without the law I never would have known my need for Christ!

I am saying that there is a relationship with Christ that is not based on our doing or effort or sexuality or political party. A way to be with "the living God" and stand NOT on the mountain of fear like I was raised with but on the mountain of Joy!!

Remember "perfect Love drives out fear" and there is no more perfect Love than the Love from Above!

So which is it for you?

Is it fear or Joy?

BeGraceFull.com!!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 6:23:24 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
Patricia,
Thank you so much for commenting here and sharing that example with us. Our God is an awesome and loving God! Blessings.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 1:17:40 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
I am convinced that most people don't have a good relationship with God because they don't understand the depth, width and amazing capability of His Love for us.
Here is the kicker- we never will understand even the slightest amount of the immensity of His Love for us because it really is that broad and that immense!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:03:58 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The law and your effort is and always will be ego driven. His Love is Thank-Full driven- which do you think builds the best relationship?

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:06:22 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
What holds you?

How strong is that which holds you?

How well does God know you?

Isaiah 43:1

Vs. 1 "But now, this is what the LORD says- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."

I am convinced that most people don't have a good relationship with God because they don't understand the depth, width and amazing capability of His Love for us.

Here is the kicker- we never will understand even the slightest amount of the immensity of His Love for us because it really is that broad and that immense!

The mountains that will be moved and the energy that He will put into having a relationship with you is beyond anything we can comprehend for a very simple reason- He is God and we are not!

This is where the Love of God comes into conflict with the Law of God in the life of a human.

The Law makes us "utterly sinful" it makes sure we know and understand how broken we are, it's our "tutor" or "guardian" until Christ came!

The Love of God which holds us now and which added "Grace upon Grace" through Christ has the strength and capability to meet your every need- if you let it!

What typically happens in people's lives is that they think the law has hold even after Grace has taken hold- this causes multiple spiritual, social and psychological problems.

If you have a screen of shame and condemnation every time you look at the Perfect Love of God- you will never be able to see that Love!

God's Perfect Love is The Love that drives out fear, guilt, condemnation and shame! It is The answer to so many of life's problems that it must be understood in order to know The Peace that He has for you.

To that end read, study, eat, sleep and breathe if you need to grasp even an inkling of the Love of God! In this there is Freedom and Peace like you have never known- you will know when you find it because you won't be about "doing" works but about resting!

This blog will Always Be about God's Love Here and Now!

BeGraceFull.com!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 7:05:42 PM PST
R, Yet, we are always bound by God's Eternal Law, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", as faith alone does not justify one before God, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Matthew 10:17, Romans 2:13, 1 Corinthians 13;2, Revelation 2;23, James 2:24). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 4:52:03 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
R. Hildreth: God's Perfect Love is The Love that drives out fear, guilt, condemnation and shame! It is The answer to so many of life's problems that it must be understood in order to know The Peace that He has for you.

Me: Yes, and His love definitely brings a peace and rest in the security of knowing we are not living in constant fear of condemnation. Recently, I have been exposed to some teaching concerning the N.T. law and our relationship to it. Of course this has caused me to study even deeper in the precious Word of God. The thing is, leaders can unfortunately misunderstand and teach strongly against the true grace of God and try to put us under the same situation that all were under before Christ came.
This makes me sad, but at the same time I am rejoicing because God has taken away the fear for me of studying and listening to His Word myself even if it causes me to struggle within with the disappointment in some for this strong either or teaching.

God's Word is amazing, as is His unfathomable love for each one of us.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 6:29:39 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
I have been kindly confronted about my doubts on the purpose of water baptism. At least it is in great kindness and love. These times come to all who question some parts of their faith, but thanks be to God we do have His Word and love to guide us through. I have been praying earnestly to God for when this time came that He would bless me with His patience and more understanding and knowledge of His Word through my study and the working of the Holy Spirit in me. My goal here on earth is to be fully led by Christ and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, fully enveloped in His Love and care, and letting that love reach others.
Blessings.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:08:20 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

Thank you for this! It is so much about the unchanging Being of God- God is Love and that is not, will not and cannot change as He is the same yesterday, today and forever!

I have found that there are many masked grace ideas going around and one of the best teachings I have found about it is this:
When we think God's Love has a limit- that is the point where we limit Grace, Love and God Himself from the relationship He wants to have with us.

Love ya sister!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:13:04 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Blessings to you as well LovedByGod,

I have found that as soon as I have all the answers- God is not with me.
There is so much I just simply say three words to- God is Love
Another three words is simply- I dont know- and even more wont it be cool to find out someday?
I have learned that the less I look for definitive answers the more the more I am available to Love- so I just look to Him instead and let Him take care of all those little things that Jesus was just too busy to talk about because He was Loving.
Just my take on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:14:58 PM PST
Cheri says:
Amen!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:16:55 PM PST
Cheri says:
I've not heard of this ragamuffin gospel before. I will need to read up on it. Do you feel it is biblically based?

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:18:44 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The more definite answers have to be a part of my life the less room God has to work!

Think about this for a minute- if we understood everything there was to know about God would He still be God? There are three words I know for sure and not much else is worth knowing- God Is Love!
What more do we need to know?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:20:00 PM PST
Cheri says:
I'll be praying for them. Where do you live?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:24:49 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
I feel like it is - if you would like many of the writers sermons are on youtube "brennan manning" or ragamuffin gospel are both on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:25:52 PM PST
Cheri says:
On these forums it can be very difficult to know how much to say without giving in to those who don't believe in Christ. There is so much persecution on discussion groups, it really surprised me when I first encountered some here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:26:01 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Cheri

Thank you very much for the prayer, I am currently in Korea and they are south of Houston in Seabrook.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:27:42 PM PST
Cheri says:
I'm not familiar with ChristNet either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:31:36 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Cheri,

Yes I know there are some here who would rather push thier way than pursue Love- but that is the beauty of the ignore button on here-LOL! There are several I have on permanent ignore as I am about Grace and Love and anyone who isnt or just wants to argue I just dont have time for.

God Bless sister!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:43:42 PM PST
Cheri says:
For me, I was baptized by immersion as a testimony to the change Jesus made in me when I accepted Him as my Savior. This was many decades ago, I was just nine, but I've never been sorry about either decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:44:16 PM PST
Cheri says:
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:45:04 PM PST
Cheri says:
I just moved to the Midwest from SA Texas. I sure miss the warm and sunny days!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  1010
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions