Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days we are living in; Part Four

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 11, 2012 1:41:43 PM PDT
Allan says:
''I wasn't talking about you originally. You say you speak the Truth, but that is still only a matter of opinion. What I saw here was a group of schoolyard bullies going "na na, we have the holy spirit and you don't." Even if you think you weren't involved in that you should have enough understanding to call another out for such bad behavior.''

I've had a rethink. Looking back on posts from TDM, B. Nixon, Theo, spl and the like, I see people whose minds are filled with filth and corruption, death and destruction. I have made a number of posts pointing out that they seem to be surrounded by a decidedly awful network of family and friends.

Thinking more on it, I have realised this is indeed their problem, and I have made a serious mistake.

Because of their totally distorted interpretation of what Jesus says, made worse by their total lack of understanding of the real Paul and the RCC Paul of his forged epistles, concepts created by the charlatans they have sold their souls to, these unfortunates have no option but to believe in their imaginary Christian Devil and can only see the world in the worst possible light.

People such as myself, Lois, SIA, Bryan, Yaakov, Craig, and others here look for the best in God and his people. The posse does not.

I should have seen this, and given them the pity they deserve instead of attacking their ignorance.

Will try to do better.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 1:53:18 PM PDT
OSAS says:
B. Nixon says:
One needs to look at the whole of Scripture as an unfolding panorama of God's great plan ever since Adam plunged Mankind into the bondage of Sin, and death.

God didn't compare Moses to David, nor did they have the same "ministry"...it was a progression of behavior, teaching, rebellion...and human living on this earth.

Jesus Christ came, and all that He came for was not accomplished until...He rose from the dead...then went to the Father. THEN all that He came for began to take place in MEN. His Spirit through men who trusted God with a whole heart.

God's call to the man Saul was with purpose for His promise to the Gentiles, and to ALL the earth...and like Abraham or Jacob, and any others whose names changed when God CHANGED THEIR CHARACTER by His power, the man Paul had the next phase that was promised, the offer of forgiveness to the Gentiles.

The progression is God's OWN, it is all not the same as Moses, or David...or others we all respect and honor...it is the continuation of His great plan to save us from the condition that would send is along with the one who had tempted Adam.

God's promise was a NEW heart...a new life, because of forgivenss of our transgressions AGAINST HIM.

I don't expect many to believe what I am writing, but if just one sees one little fragment that will bring them to God HIS Way, it is worth the effort...

TDM: Amen Barbara and very well said. I think too few people see God's big picture. Too few read the Bible in context from beginning to end so that they understand that despite that it had 40 different authors; with varied backgrounds; and was written on 3 continents; over a 1500 year period of time; all of the writing flow seamlessly into one cohesive theme running throughout; with no historical errors or contradictions. Thus, proving that their writings are of divine rather than human origin. God's word truly is an amazing collection of writings!

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 2:12:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 2:13:01 PM PDT
OSAS says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 2:18:08 PM PDT
OSAS says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 2:19:55 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
Gnosticism......

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 2:23:48 PM PDT
B. Nixon says:

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 2:42:55 PM PDT
OSAS says:

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 2:44:47 PM PDT
A customer says:
Four parts too many.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 2:47:21 PM PDT
OSAS says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 3:23:04 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
We can tell by the forgories added.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 3:24:00 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
He is however perfectly incapable of creating men that won't sin.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 3:42:01 PM PDT
how do you knwo what was forged and added ?
what about real stuff that was omitted ?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 3:45:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 3:46:39 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
They can tell from writing styles, notes and letters, earlier versions of the manuscripts that don't include the added lines.

Among other ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 3:46:12 PM PDT
aamazing

and how can you tell that ?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 3:47:28 PM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
Do some searching and studying.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:27:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 5:02:21 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
glenn: How many personal narratives are written in the 3rd person? You suggest that the Gospels were dictated to scribes. I've pointed out that Jesus' followers were poor; they were following Jesus and not working. I've also pointed out that the Pharisees and scribes were Jewish opponents of Jesus. Lastly, Greek was spoken by the educated classes--the elite, the wealthy. This point in itself would eliminate the disciples.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:30:37 PM PDT
Lois says:
It would make more sense to my mind that the disciples - while spreading the words of Jesus to the lost of Israel he sent them to look for - they told stories about him. Therefore the narratives we read in the NT are from others who heard the stories from the disciples, or the disciples of the disciples, and wrote them down.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:39:14 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
TD: No matter what you write about Isaiah, the word "Messiah" does not appear with anyone who suffered for another. The word is not there!

It also amazing that Christians would rejoice that an innocent man was tortured for offenses he never committed! What does it say about a God that accepted such a penance for the evil done by others? What do, to mention something else, animal sacrifices have to do with a God?

All of the Mediterranean religions sacrificed animals to their Gods, except for the Christians who sacrificed a man, which is even more primitive and inhuman. The idea that the Jews were sacrificing right along with the Hellenes calls into question the uniqueness of the OT God.

Then, to wax rhapsodic over how sins were remitted with each strike of the lash is, well, is barbaric. Even worse is the idea that this whole affair was planned decades before!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:48:00 PM PDT
B. Nixon says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:53:31 PM PDT
glenn says:
Shakepen,
OY
Many of Jesus' early followers were poor. Many were not. There were about 10 Mary's who provided for Jesus' ministry. By the time the gospels were written there were certainly enough Christians to have sponsored the writing.
Yes, not scribes in that sense. I suspect my original response to this is in the last part but I mean scribes in the sense of ghost writers, only not real ghosts. Literate people for hire and such.
Greek was spoken by a significant portion of the population not just the educated. And again, even if the disciples did not speak Greek, it's quite reasonable to think the people who actually did the writing, the ghost writers or scribes did.
Your arguments remain without merit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:55:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 5:12:46 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
TDM: I would like to point out how we know evolution is true...and I will use the Bible to prove it. The point hinges about non-functioning nipples in man...so stay with me on this.

During the first ten weeks of gestation in the mother's womb, the embryo is undifferentiated. So, the embryo develops nipples. After the tenth week, the sry gene activates sexual differentation. Those embryos with XY chromosomes develop male sex parts. Those with XX chromosomes develop female sex differences.

Genesis tells us that God created all the animals on the 5th day. Now, have you ever seen the stomach of a tom cat or a male dog? You will notice that they too have non-functioning nipples. In fact, all of the mammalian males have non-functioning nipples.

Now, let's jump forward to the 6th day and God's creation of man, Adam. Genesis tells us that God created man in his image. There was someone on the prior thread who brought in the Hebrew version of Genesis. He said that "image" really meant "essence."

Well, we believe the inerrant word of God is in the Bible. So, for the King James Bible, "image" means "image," according to Martin Luther: sola scriptura. The words speak for themselves without interpretation! So, Adam looked like God. So, does God have non-functioning nipples? A friend of mine who returned from Italy said that God did have nipples because he had seen them in a picture of God on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel!

So, we have two problems. Why do other male mammals have non-functioning nipples? and Why does God have non-functioning nipples? The reason that "lower mammals" have nipples is the same reason that men have nipples. We have a common ancestor. We share a common kind of gestation. In other words, we are related through evolution.

Now for the problem with God. God obviously couldn't evolve because he is not human or animal. So, why does he have nipples? Each person will have to answer the question for himself. But we will come back to this point in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:56:21 PM PDT
glenn says:
Lois,
That could be. Even us conservative Christians only claim that 2 of the 4 gospels were written by direct disciples. It could be that none of them are.
Please do not limit Jesus' message only to the lost of Israel. He expanded the mission later on in keeping with the promise to Abraham and the message from the angels to the shepards in Luke.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 5:03:22 PM PDT
Lois says:
I was merely quoting Jesus regarding what he came for. What I read is that he sent Jews to find other Jews. The nations for Abraham would be all the Jews for all time.

Now Paul had a different mission. He went out to the Gentiles and brought them into relationship with the Father through the ministry of Jesus that he knew.

I know I am an odd duck. But that is what I believe. (^)>

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 5:04:53 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
Lois: Agreed! There was a strong oral, Christian tradition that eventually was written down by unknown, literate Greek-speaking people. This point is one reason that the Gospels are in the 3rd person. The reason that these psuedopigrapha were given well-known names was so they would be accepted.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 5:07:47 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
B. Nixon: nobody disagrees with the definition of "anointed." I only disagree with its appearance as a word in Isaiah.

I'm also a bit mystified by your reference to a "fingerprint." Please clarify this point if you have time.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions