Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Five

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:39:33 PM PST
Allan says:
''With these two passages in mind, the territory that God gave to Israel included everything from the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon (North to South) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (West to East). This includes all of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus parts of Egypt and Syria, all of Jordan, part of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a small percentage of the land God has promised.''

Which explains why we are facing nuclear war in the Middle East right now.

Anyone stupid enough to push this line is playing into militant Islamic arms, and forcing Iran to go nuclear (which is a long way from being proved at the moment).

And to cap it all, just after Egypt brokers a cease-fire in Gaza which already has lasted far beyond what the posse confidently predicted, Israel announces it will illegally built 3000 houses in land which does NOT belong to it.

The cease-fire may hold ''despite reports that Israeli troops shot and killed a Palestinian man near its border in Gaza''.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:42:40 PM PST
Allan says:
Just in case YOU've forgotten, J Hampton:

J Hampton says: I have taken many a course.

Allan: On-line, of course.

You have a solid case for asking for your money back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:52:54 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
Not enough....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:57:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 7:00:11 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
So only your dad was a "genuine Christian"?

I find that so interesting, that someone who is such a commited atheist believes he alone can tell you who are genuine Christians.

Now, even I have to snicker at that. Careful, or someone may come and take your propeller hat away from you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:08:39 PM PST
Allan says:
''I find that so interesting, that someone who is such a commited atheist believes he alone can tell you who are genuine Christians.''

Too easy.

By their fruits, J Hampton.

Your behaviour, and that of the rest of the posse, is enough to condemn you and your sources.

Then, of course, there is your utter contempt for all those who keep proving you wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:11:46 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
"By their fruits, J Hampton."

Ditto, bro.

That's why I will be meeting your father in heaven, and not you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:15:24 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
I agree Jim. Allan doesn't know the first thing about "real Christians" or God's Word, yet in his arrogance he believes he knows who the "real Christians" are and who are not. The Atheist who has rejected God and doesn't even believe in Him thinks he can identify those who actually belong to the God he doesn't believe exists! He actually rejects and belittles those of us who love Jesus, know His Biblical Truth and actually belong to God and embraces and encourages those who have rejected Jesus as God who came in the flesh and the Cross. His egotism knows no bounds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:16:37 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
He understands it much better than both of you combined (or all five).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:20:46 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
Amen Jim. Don't ya just love when unbelievers quote Scriptures to use against believers but they quote it out of its proper context? When Jesus said "you will know them by their fruit" He was speaking of unbelieving false teachers not born again believers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:21:24 PM PST
T. D. Mills says:
Perhaps in your opinion but not in reality!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:28:32 PM PST
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: I agree Jim. Allan doesn't know the first thing about "real Christians" ...

Allan: Oh, yes I do.

I work alongside some on almost a daily basis in my volunteer capacity, I see others here day after day, and I have known a great many over the decades. The earliest I remember was our minister some 60 years ago, one of the most decent men I have ever known, loved and respected by all who knew him.

Not one of them would identify the posse as real Christians, based entirely on your words and behaviour on these threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:29:30 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
>When Jesus said "you will know them by their fruit" He was speaking
>of unbelieving false teachers not born again believers.

No, you take it out of context. He was refering to those who would claim to follow his teachings, but where lost, your teachers.

15Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:29:53 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
Not only my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:30:02 PM PST
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: Perhaps in your opinion but not in reality!

Allan: You have had three years to fault my knowledge of the Bible and the true meaning of its messages, and have failed dismally.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:33:08 PM PST
Allan says:
It's sad, Bryan, the way they choose to ignore

17 Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

So I'll stand by 20 Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:47:16 PM PST
Cheri says:
What a difference a day or two makes! I hadn't realized there were almost enough posts to need to start a new thread. I see there are some already trying to no vote your posts, Tonya and Jim. Such an adolescent pursuit for adults.

Praying everyone had a blessed Lord's day.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 10:25:59 PM PST
Cheri says:
My little dog is having seizures. Several in the last 24 hours. I'll talk to her vet in the morning, but I think she might be at the end of where she can live and not suffer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:30:41 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
Sorry to hear that

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:42:31 PM PST
Cheri says:
Thanks Bryan. It breaks my heart when she has them even though about 20 minutes later she seems almost fine. Hard to watch. I've not had much sleep since yesterday.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 10:52:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 11:10:18 PM PST
Observation: for Lois (and anyone else who has an interest) Cheri you can add this to your last entry.
- - -- -- - - --
Lois says:
I told you already.

When there was a functional Temple, there was NO sacrifice for those sins. Sacrifices were ONLY for unintentional sin. And the sacrifice would not HAVE to be an animal, depending on the person and their financial situation, it could be a bit of flour.

Adultery and murder would hardly be unintentional. That is where the Jewish courts get involved.

I am not sure where you are trying to go with this.
- -- - -- - -- -- -- -
San Diego comment: (and I am a Jew - thourly familiar with the Levitical Offerings).

Hmm... maybe Lois is not conversant with following.

Exd 29:36 "And you shall offer a bull every day [as] a sin offering for atonement. You shall cleanse the altar when you make atonement for it, and you shall anoint it to sanctify it.

Num 29:11 'also one kid of the goats [as] a sin offering, besides the sin offering for atonement, the regular burnt offering with its grain offering, and their drink offerings.

Lev 5:6 'and he shall bring his trespass offering to the LORD for his sin which he has committed, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats as a sin offering. So the priest shall make atonement for him concerning his sin.

Lev 7:7 'The trespass offering [is] like the sin offering; [there is] one law for them both: the priest who makes atonement with it shall have [it].

Lev 7:8 'And the priest who offers anyone's burnt offering, that priest shall have for himself the skin of the burnt offering which he has offered.

Above deal with Sin & Trespass.

Below deals with Salvation:

Lev 1:4 'Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him.

Lev 1:5 'He shall kill the bull before the LORD; and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood all around on the altar that [is by] the door of the tabernacle of meeting.

Summery: "Sin" offering deals with "unknown" (not unintentional) sins.

All "sins" are "intentional" whether known or unknown.

Same principle as in modern law.

If the individual stands before a judge and makes comment "your Honor I was not aware I was breaking the law" is no defense.

"Trespass" offering deal with "known" sins.

"Salvation" offering deals with when individual becomes a believer and is in reference ("as in Adam all die") to imputation of "original sin" being recognized by individual Hebrew in question.

Same reality as an "unbeliever" gentile of today accepting Christ as Savior.

Only today the "believers" i.e. individuals who are saved i.e. "born again" recognize the following reality (the fulfillment of the Levitical offerings which were a "type" of the reality to come) - first mention in:

Gen 3:15 "...And you shall bruise His heel."

And wrapped up with the statements of "reality" from the "Prothesis" i.e. Plan of God from Eternity Past:

Jhn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Jhn 1:36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God!"

Rev 13:8 "...written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

Hbr 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Or the following:

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Or

2Cr 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us ("all" sins of the entire human race being imputed to humanity of Christ during his second three hours on the Cross), that we (believers only) might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Goodnight all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:07:18 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
Except of course he sinned.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:14:25 PM PST
Allan says:
''All "sins" are "intentional" whether known or unknown. ''

*Someone* doesn't understand basic English.

Had my reporters written that I'd have sent them scurrying to an OED.

Nowadays. of course, all one has to do is type in define (word) and Google does it for you.

The act, possibly, is intentional. The action of sinning is not necessarily intentional, which is why ''modern law'' provides a range of possible charges for a given offence.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:14:58 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
Cheri,

Imagine if your family pet was killed by a police officer? It happened to us. In May of 2012, our border collie Lily was killed on our front porch, right in front of us, by a Fort Worth police officer who came to the wrong address on a call and "shot the dog closest to him." We are still devastated by Lily's death.

The reality is, we are not the only family who has lost a pet family member at the hands of untrained police officers:

Cisco, Mike Paxton's beloved Australian Cattle dog, was killed by an Austin police officer - at the wrong address in April of 2012;

Bucky, the Yandle family's Basset hound mix, was shot 5 times in front of the family, including their 3-year-old boy by an Arlington police officer in October of 2011; he was their autistic son's therapy dog.

Johnny Cash, Sheyenne Knox's yellow Lab, was shot 6 times in July of 2012 on his own property by a Parker County sheriff deputy.

http://www.change.org/petitions/texas-police-stop-using-deadly-force-on-family-pets?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=14413&alert_id=OncHHTFWxR_qThXopTqwr

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:23:17 PM PST
"he" being?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:43:34 PM PST
Observation:
- -- --- - -- - -
Allan comments: in reply to San Diego former post content.

''All" "sins" are "intentional" whether known or "unknown.''

*Someone* doesn't understand basic English.

Had my reporters written that I'd have sent them scurrying to an OED.

Nowadays. of course, all one has to do is type in define (word) and Google does it for you.

The act, possibly, is intentional. The action of sinning is not necessarily intentional, which is why ''modern law'' provides a range of possible charges for a given offence.
-- - --- - -- --
San Diego reply:

Same as Levitical offerings.

Differing "charge" for "given" offense.

Since God is Absolute Righteousness and Absolute Justice (in him is no darkness at all) the following is "reality" of the O.T. "Law".

Jam 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

So the "smart" move for an intelligent human is what?

Accept the "Judge" provision of a "judicial" imputation to "another human" (who happens to be perfect and qualified to "fulfill" entire Law requirements) as a "kinsman redeemer" (book of Ruth m.o.) in place of the "guilty".

Jn. 3:36 (A).

And if the human chooses to "reject" the "Judge" offer.

Then only option is?

Jn. 3:36 (B).

That simple?

Yep.

2Cr 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us ("all" sins of the entire human race being imputed to humanity of Christ during his second three hours on Cross), that we (believers only) might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions