Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Will Obama's victory weaken the Religious Right?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 345 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:36:18 PM PST
He's from Arizona so he knows nothing about the vital importance of salt on roads in the winter. Road salt saves lives.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:38:11 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:43:53 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Sand is better, Music, like we had in Alaska. It doesn't rust the cars undercarriage.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:32:44 PM PST
M. Simonson says:
"Perpetually increasing safety nets also remove the incentive to help the poor."

Umm ... so we should remove safety nets and make sure there is plenty of suffering among the poor to give Christians more incentive to step up to the plate?

Modern safety nets are the result of living in a more complicated and urban society. The first kids to leave the farm and go to the cities mostly had a place to crawl back to. Today that isn't the case. It would be a national shame to not have some safety nets in place. One can argue about how they should work and make adjustments. One can face the stark cold reality of budgets and try to make them more efficient. But to just not have safety nets?

Just look at many of these modern mega-churches. How much goes into this and how much is wasted having fun things in their youth programs so kids can listen to Christian-rappers and smash watermelons or putting on kewl shows for seeker-types. I'm going with the professional approach to safety nets but God bless the Churches who really do help fill in the gaps the govt programs don't cover.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:33:57 PM PST
Bubba says:
Road salt rots cars and bridges.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:42:58 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Bubba,
I agree with you. Given the power they would return to the Medievel times.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:44:12 PM PST
mrs exp says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:48:12 PM PST
They can be repaired or rebuilt, people can't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:48:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 4:48:57 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Mrs. Exp., I really shouldn't speak for Kathleen, but when I use He/She/It/Them, I'm saying God has no gender, and is all genders, or is the source of all genders. I would never say "He" when speaking of Spirit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:49:01 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Music,
And salt make cars to rust. I paid plenty for rust protection in Michaigan and not long ago I had to have a major repair on my brakes because of rust.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:49:44 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Mrs. Exp., that's what some of said earlier.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:50:31 PM PST
Craig says:
He was not being very nice.
Jesus said:
Matthew 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:51:51 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Nancy Davison,
Thank you for that explanation. I think so differently from you that I would never have thought that.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:58:03 PM PST
Astrocat says:
We may hear differently from Kathleen....:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:02:02 PM PST
Craig says:
Genesis 1:27 says God created man(human race) in His image, male and female He created them. Do you think God has one specific gender? and why would you think that? I know the bible uses words like "He" and "Father" but I think those are terms are used to help us humans rather than being technically correct. Just my thoughts on the matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:05:20 PM PST
Bubba says:
Salt rotted bridges kill people. A bridge failure on I-35 over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis killed 13 people and injured 145; the failure was caused by salt corrosion of the steel reinforcing members and freeze-thaw cycling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:17:41 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Craig,
Actually no. I call God He, Jesus is a He, but God I don't think he has a gender but who knows.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:18:31 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Bubba,
I knew there was a reason I was always glad to get across a bridge.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:53:38 PM PST
Easter Lily says:
Yes to both questions. (Two of my ancestors WERE Founding Fathers.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:55:57 PM PST
RKG says:
i don't think so Anne. Take a look at the demographic of this just concluded elections. Most white evangelicals voted for romney. to me that indicates that this extremism will continue on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:56:45 PM PST
RKG says:
see what i mean about extremism.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:57:59 PM PST
RKG says:
very well said.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:00:36 PM PST
RKG says:
sadly it will not until a whole generation of people die out. ignorance and bigotry will remain with us for some time to come.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:02:52 PM PST
RKG says:
and if i were to say that the religious right are going right over the cliff into the arms fast into the arms of their father satan. how would you feel?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:04:15 PM PST
RKG says:
true that
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  345
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions