Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Pope Benedict Resigns

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:52:53 AM PST
I. L. Walker says:
F - Yep.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:06:45 AM PST
RKG says:
Jesus certainly said this - except that Jesus was not speaking about the catholic church. It is plain as day that Jesus was speaking of himself being the son of God. the corruption of this essential truth is so heretic that no wonder the wob will be judged and found wanting.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:17:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2013 8:25:23 AM PST
The gate of hell means death

The fallacy teaching of the Vatican has lead countless layman to believe that that verse means corruption or trouble or dismay and that the catholic see will stand and carry on forever

On the contrary

Death does not prevail on those who are in Christ Yeshua not on those that trust in man posing as the rock

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:24:26 AM PST
MC Zaptone says:
I hope that all those people who believe that this signifies the start of the end of days, start living with Gods pure love in their hearts, without prejudice for ANY of his creations. To receive and give love unconditionally rather than living by the bible, a damaged doctrine that has been tampered with by Popes, Kings and Emperors over a thousand years. THIS IS GODS BIGGEST TEST OF FAITH some who call themselves Christians but take the word of man over the light of God are in for a HELL of a shock.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:37:23 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:42:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2014 5:01:53 PM PDT
Pope Benedict XVI is to be admired for this decision. It was absolutely appalling that John Paul II did not resign when he became incapacitated. When he gave his last public address to the crowd in St. Peter's Square, he had to be wheeled to the window, and he drooled incomprehensibly as he attempted to read his message, before his hangers-on had to wheel him back. It reminded me of the ailing Leonid Brezhnev who had to make a final appearance atop Lenin's tomb, in Nov. 1982, a few days before he died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB2juOdTegE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp87MHHnRMw

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:43:58 AM PST
If there is anything that can be said with certainty, it is that the Roman Administrative Infrastructure will endure.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:47:56 AM PST
There is no need to be scared. We need a pope who will have the moral and administrative skills and energy that the papal office requires.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:48:13 AM PST
Besides a church is not a building anyways, but a gathering of two or more believers.

Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

So a church can be anywhere believers gather.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:51:41 AM PST
I would not hold my breath waiting for "the Return of our Lord Jesus." What we need is a pope with the competence to lead the Catholic Church in resolving the various crises that it faces.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:53:43 AM PST
Kevin Bold says:
M. C. Williams says: To receive and give love unconditionally rather than living by the bible, a damaged doctrine that has been tampered with by Popes, Kings and Emperors over a thousand years.

Do you have a copy old enough to compare with later manuscripts to prove this happened?

Other than a comparison of the Masoretic Texts with the Dead Sea Scrolls, which helps with the OT only, probably not.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:54:21 AM PST
If the pope becomes incapacitated, the College of Cardinals assumes responsibility for the administration of the Catholic Church.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:59:53 AM PST
Dave Vicks says:
The End is not Nigh.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:05:59 AM PST
Yes indeed my brother

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:06:06 AM PST
Ciao! : ] says:
Pope Benedict's decision reveals great courage and humility, and demonstrates his priorities. As the visible leader of the Catholic Church, he's more concerned that the Church is led by one healthy and vigorous than frail and ailing. His decision shouldn't be surprising to those who have noticed his physical decline in the past couple years. It's not likely he'd even consider stepping down without great confidence that his successor will be well-qualified and prepared to accept the challenges the position presents.

Be assured that the Church leadership will not be faltering in leadership...or in its teachings. And I hope that doesn't shock or disappoint you too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:09:42 AM PST
Pope Benedict is stepping aside to allow another more vital, strong, and likely, younger individual. I'm thinking it may prove to be a very good, and humble, thing to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:10:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2013 9:22:45 AM PST
Hey Timothy, I saw that you commented on the 400th anniversary of the 1611 translation..if I may ask, what is the size of the print? Is it jumbo?
I'm thinking about getting it , I also have the interlinear bible, but the English print is quite small. Hope to hear from you, thanks

Edit: it does not include the puesdoprigrifical writings of the apocrafer does it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:11:47 AM PST
Nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:12:18 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:14:30 AM PST
OT, does cover even what the Messiah wanted to say, for he says in Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jot or Tittle is Hebrew and thats OLD TESTAMENT for laws. Really if you follow the Bible, the messiah teachings follow the Old Testament quite closely.

Jesus/Yeshua/Messiah is known as the word, Jesus/Yeshua/Messiah is also known as love, so as humans we are to do our best to follow the word as true love stems from that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:14:50 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:15:46 AM PST

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:16:40 AM PST
David says:
In his exit interview, they told him he would have to agree not to sign with another organized religion for three years.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:17:43 AM PST
Brian,
be assured they do. They likely already have a strong idea whom the next pope will be.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:18:06 AM PST
Raulito says:
AC,

"And Peter was not a papa, he was married and never went to "rule" at Rome"

St. Ignatius (105 a.d) wrote to the Christians in Rome "Not as Peter and Paul do I command you, they were free men, I am but a slave..." Letter to the Romans. Written while in prison in Rome.

The letter makes no sense unless Peter had exercised some form of leadership within the Church of Rome, at least 30 years before.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1197 14 days ago
Christianity described as a 'profitable fable' by an early pope. 165 1 second ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 3555 49 seconds ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the Twelfth 858 1 minute ago
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian. 7766 1 minute ago
Transgender Individuals 7559 4 minutes ago
The END TIMES of ATHEISM and atheist forum bullies 308 5 minutes ago
World leaders alone - and not Religions - can call to God for the end of this era 22 9 minutes ago
Jesus of History vs. Christ of Faith 586 9 minutes ago
Mary was not sinless. 7136 13 minutes ago
If a man dies will he live again? Or, is physical death the end? 1224 22 minutes ago
This is why atheism is growing throughout the world... 236 38 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  73
Total posts:  6916
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions