Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Six

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 9:32:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 9:39:15 PM PST
Allan says:
''This looks like an idiom, if so can you help me with it a bit?''

not have a bar of = wouldn't touch it with a 40ft pole.

Does that work better?

Basically it is so distasteful God would wash his hands of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 9:48:33 PM PST
Allan says:
Right. Let's see how long it takes to sort out this mess.

Dan 8:
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

Each ''horn'' is the kings of the Seleucid line, and the ''little horn'' is Antiochus, who became king after a brief civil war in which he rooted out three kings, making himself the eighth.

''9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,''

That CLEARLY puts the time of writing this bit well AFTER the return from exile.

The numerology ballsup is not worth bothering about.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 9:49:54 PM PST
Allan says:
That is an insult to Satanists. Crowley would be mortified.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 9:51:01 PM PST
Allan,

I knew the jest of what you meant, but I hadn't heard that one, and I have been around both Aussies and Brits. Thanks.

I can tell you that in Bermuda I asked a Canadian whether the price of his taxi included opening the boot and got the strangest look!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:05:20 PM PST
Allan says:
No worries, mate, she's sweet.

I drop a few in every now and again to see who's paying attention ;-)

(I thought *our* boot was *your* trunk?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:11:38 PM PST
Allan,

It is, but Bermuda is a British Colony and most there would understand it. I assumed a Canadian who visited there often, would also know that!

We are now getting roundabouts, we used to have traffic circles! We are also getting fly overs, which used to be overpasses! I mean we have signs etc that use the words as do some of the traffic reporters, but it seems to be to specific newly built/modified roads! Oh, and you'll love this one: "traffic calming devices" These are either roundabouts where you used to be able to wait for a traffic light and zoom through, above speed, if the light was green, and speed bumps. I honestly have never seen anyone that drove over one that was calmer after driving over it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:17:48 PM PST
Linda Sang says:
ALLAN: That is an insult to Satanists. Crowley would be mortified.

LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:24:05 PM PST
Allan,

I assume you have heard --- you/I have "junk in your/my trunk"?

It is said to people not about vehicles!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:27:33 PM PST
Allan says:
'' I honestly have never seen anyone that drove over one that was calmer after driving over it!!!''

Know the feeling well.

Some of our suburban streets have concrete extensions from the kerb (ooops, curb) reducing short sections to one lane. Nothing calming about them, either. (We use that same expression).

As for the roundabout, I first discovered them on a trip back to the UK some decades ago (thought they were a big improvement). Hope you have a decent education program as they have been here for many years and most Aussies have yet to get the hang of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:29:03 PM PST
Allan says:
New one on me, though I can think of a few likely targets ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:41:10 PM PST
Allan,

Education? Not so much, and they aren't really easy for tractor-trailers (18 wheelers) to get through. In a couple of areas there are two lanes where someone can turn right and merge with you as you go to the desired road. We were pulling a trailer when someone whipped around us -- we never saw him. He wasn't at the intersection when we started through it but he was there when we pulled out the other side. There is a place to drive over the center, but there is no what for any pulling anything to stay in a lane along side another vehicle, and they aren't supposed to work that way anyway. We are much shorter than an 18 wheeler!

Oh, there is a picture at the beginning!

Where I live now there is a one way two lane street that crosses a one way two lane street that comes to a circle --- you wouldn't believe the traffic pattern for that one! The center circle is treated like and island!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:42:02 PM PST
Allan,

I think it started with a couple of overweight celebrities saying it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 10:49:54 PM PST
Allan says:
If you are into trucks, check out the B-doubles on
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/martin_phippard_trailers_03.html

and the road trains
http://outbacktowing.tripod.com/id1.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 11:00:58 PM PST
Oh my, The first set had a couple that I thought looked like trains and the seconds set are incredible. We do have roads that say no twins or not twin trailers, but those are shorter. The road that we got cut off on in a bit hilly and most of those trucks in the your pictures would probably get stuck. There is a bridge at one end that has a fairly hard turn at the end, enough to have to slow down --- but I think they might make that turn, but there are some other turns that just can't be made. In one of our older towns the left turn lane stopline is about 1/2 block back from the thru lane. This is basically three lanes across at a corner. You can tell which trucks regularly drive through the area!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 11:33:41 PM PST
Observation:
--- - -
Allan says:
No need to be coy, San Diego (I would have thought you well past any need for that).

Would Jesus regard Grant's "religious TV shows" of today the equivalent of the "religious unbelievers" of his day as you claimed he would?
-- - -- -- - -
San Diego answer:

Am far past the age of being "coy".

When you become cognizant that Christianity is not a religion and religion is not Christianity you will have the answer to your question.

Or the simple "checkmate" mechanism (see below) used 2000 years ago is still applicable today.

If you (or anyone else - such as "Grant" you mention above) answers correctly then they have transited from being hard line "religious" to being:

Mar 12:34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." But after that no one dared question Him.

On the "flip side" if you (or anyone else answers incorrectly) the "checkmate" question posed to those "religious unbelievers" then the status quo is the same as detailed by Christ in conversation below:

Mat 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

Mat 22:42 saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "[The Son] of David."

Mat 22:43 He said to them, "How then does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying:

Mat 22:44 'The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool" ' ?

Mat 22:45 "If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his Son?"

Mat 22:46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.

Am fully aware of "Grants" ability to answer correctly the above question.

Only option for you (and all other members of human race "individually") is how you would answer.

That being none of my business.

Strictly between each human and God as per:

Jhn 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Judas Iscariot chose incorrectly as did the individual crucified to the left of Christ.

Abraham, Lazarus and individual crucified to the right of Christ chose correctly.

Advice from God is what?

Choose wisely.

As per:

Jhn 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Where above statement of reality negates "all" religions on the planet.

And where "No one" and "through Me" in Koine Greek original text construct means exactly that i.e.

Christianity is not a "religious system" but rather a "personal relationship" with an individual i.e. Lord Jesus Christ.

That being the address used by the individual crucified to the right of Christ.

A "personal" address and use of "Lord" i.e. Greek Title of Deity.

I.E. personal relationship by an individual (Jn. 3:36 (A)) = Abraham & Lazarus Lk.16:19 - 31.

If "no" personal relationship then:

Jn. 3:36 (B). = "certain rich man" detailed in Lk.16:19 - 31.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 12:13:44 AM PST
Allan says:
''In one of our older towns the left turn lane stopline is about 1/2 block back from the thru lane.''

Reminds me of when I was in the old town of Dumfries, on my way for a drink in Robert Burns' favourite pub The Globe Inn.

The truck wasn't all that big, but it had to twist and back up three or four times to get around one corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 12:15:28 AM PST
Allan says:
''Or the simple "checkmate" mechanism (see below) used 2000 years ago is still applicable today. ''

I doubt very much that Jesus would be into playing such silly games.

Looks like San Diego has no time at all for Grant but does not want to upset her fans by saying so.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 7:07:44 AM PST
We don't "cheer on" tax season either...but it comes every year anyway. It is inevitable.

And the ads on TV keep it alive and threatening.

There are meetings against and for...gun control, because of mass murders and insane people.

We are told that suicide is high among military people.

All the bad announcements, like bullying provoking suicide in vulnerable children, abound...in conversation and on TV.

We can say it is the "same old harbingers of doom", but it still is the truth. The warnings still are valid, and the threat is everywhere.

All the "gang" that mixes up the "last days' discussion with plays, music, and instant messaging on these boards don't have to endure any of the talk of those who love the Truth, and want to express faith in Jesus Christ to anyone who might need a boost, or reminders.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 7:09:17 AM PST
"Instant messaging" when targets were absent filled it up a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 7:12:48 AM PST
There are many others who are against Israel who would agree with you. Too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 7:26:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2013 7:30:18 AM PST
Allan says:
''We can say it is the "same old harbingers of doom", but it still is the truth. The warnings still are valid, and the threat is everywhere.''

Same old indeed.

The doomsayers have been confidently predicting the immediately imminent End of Days every few years regular as clockwork ever since the exiled Jews brought Zoroastrian eschatology back with them when the messiah/christ Cyrus freed them..

Hasn't happened yet.

Won't happen either, helped along by the fact the posse does not even understand the book of Daniel.

The only End Time we need to look forward is the final decision on an official date for the end of the Age of Pisces.

''...anyone who might need a boost, or reminders.''

The posse is totally redundant here since everyone else really does understand God's Word and is not in thrall to the posse's revered but imaginary Prince of This World.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 7:28:46 AM PST
Allan says:
B. Nixon says: "Instant messaging" when targets were absent ...

Allan: Awwwww.

I've got a nice fresh box of tissues here so you can dry your eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 8:46:35 AM PST
OSAS says:
I agree Cheri.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 8:50:14 AM PST
OSAS says:
Amen BN.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 8:50:47 AM PST
OSAS says:
This is true.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1052 8 days ago
What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss. 8781 29 seconds ago
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian. 6119 1 minute ago
Religion, No Religion - Who Really Cares? 4 4 minutes ago
Goblue appreciation thread 84 6 minutes ago
"If we are lovers of the light we adore it in whatever lamp it may become manifest" 2353 9 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV 6922 10 minutes ago
Fellow Christian parents: How can I stop my son from being attracted to 76 10 minutes ago
Dispensations and the Gospels, Part Two 7143 10 minutes ago
The Christ Myth: is it possible Jesus never existed? 627 20 minutes ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 11 41 minutes ago
Lectio Divina...for the building up of God's Kingdom - Part 2 24 58 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions