Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

So do Conservative Christians hate Mormons again?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 497 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:10:06 AM PST
emac says:
All the charts I have seen show it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:25:41 AM PST
RKG says:
when you have murdock and akin making such reprehensible comments regarding women and they were not tarred and feathered and driven out into the cold... i can only but assume that many people were of the same view.

i think you are right that by and large white women voted the compassionate ticket. i know all white men didn't vote in a bloc... i didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:28:01 AM PST
RKG says:
what are the charts saying exactly?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:38:24 AM PST
emac says:
For example see

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/11/08/the_case_of_the_missing_white_voters_116106-2.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:41:36 AM PST
emac says:
And

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/249490/group/news/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:51:28 AM PST
mrs exp says:
William Dampier,
Northern California begins at the Oregon border and ends when you can't see Mt Shasta.

I used to live in Yreka about 30 miles from the Oregon border and I would get books from the library about "northern California" with nothing in them north of Sacramento. Used to drive me nuts. No wonder "northern California" want to leave California and join with southern Oregon to form the state of Jefferson.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:52:22 AM PST
RKG says:
thanks for this. the information from this article does indicate that some whites did indeed not vote. it isn't conclusive though that had they voted that they would have voted for romney. they could have just as likely voted for mr. obama.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:54:49 AM PST
mrs exp says:
JJB,
I am basicly a conservative Christians and because I'm am a Christian I picked the most Christian party. The one who likes to help the downtrawden, the disadvantged and wants the government to live up to it's contract with Social Security participants.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:05:32 AM PST
mrs exp says:
JJB,
http://www.ask.com/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States?o=3986&qsrc=999#Breakdown_by_state

White U S 72%
White California 40%
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:17:43 AM PST
RKG says:
i salute you mrs. exp. i do pretty much the same.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:20:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 11:20:31 AM PST
RKG says:
the new york times has a map of the election results. it must look very similar to what the issue of slaverly looked like.
all southern states voting for romney
all northern sates voting for mr. obama.

correction: i fogot mr. obama won florida.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:08:53 PM PST
William,

It has been quite a while since I've lived in California, I've never claimed it as home. I just found it odd, after listening to a fiance from Napa Valley rant, that you thought there were no Republicans up there! He used to complain about Republicans and conservatives all the time --- I do believe he said "they" were more concentrated in the south though'-)

If you want my opinion of what makes up central California it is "desert", not that it makes any sense to do that, but one could argue that the center of California runs north and south, not east and west!!!! By the time we got to Fresno and Bakersfield it was TOO hot. But it wasn't me that corrected you on what made up central California, having only lived in Berkeley and Monterrey and San Diego (very short summer) I don't feel I know where to draw the line!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:17:36 PM PST
Nancy,

I think the miscalculated what would happen with the photo id fiasco too. Several have pointed out when you start messing with people's right to vote they get mad and they show up in greater number to vote against you!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:36:01 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Reed, I'm rather torn between wanting the Republicans to get a clue and hoping they don't......

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:42:46 PM PST
Nancy,

I'd settle for just staying out of "personal" business! And, things even Romney originally said don't belong in law. Whatever are we doing regulating stem cell use??? I'd prefer a choice between two centric candidates. Leave the eccentric out, unless it turns out to be an asset like Einstein, or Bach who knows his "stuff" just can't communicate, socially, with the rest of us! Surely we could find a place for such a person?

I remember a computer guy that really wasn't good at/with people but he was so good with the system that they basically kept in a figurative cage and threw in raw meat! He had a "handler", someone he respected and could get along with, and everyone went through him. It truly was a win/win situation. Probably wouldn't get votes, because he wasn't considered likeable. (I personally wasn't around him long enough to butt heads with him, and respected his knowledge and work. And, he was willing to share knowledge!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:58:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 2:02:55 PM PST
RKG says:
lol - funny that. i thought i was the only one thinking along those lines.
i think only get their act together enough to be a strong opposition.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:05:39 PM PST
RKG says:
has that loon at the 700 club said who God told him will win the election as yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:08:50 PM PST
JJB,

I thought it was that God was to take care of that --- perhaps then there was no reason to vote Republican?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:29:22 PM PST
RKG says:
ahh perhaps - i suspect God told him that romney would win the election.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:31:44 PM PST
jjb,

I'd suspect he may not have chosen a party---but I can't watch much of the program: there are far better televangelist than I see of the 700 club.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:40:43 PM PST
RKG says:
i don't watch any televangelist. i would watch billy graham but he's the only one.

who may not have chosen a party?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:47:31 PM PST
jjb,

for the first year or so all we got in the afternoon was televangelist. Some were much better than others, but I was mainly looking for "noise" in the background. The rest of the afternoon were infomercials! We finally went to satellite in order to get local news, when even the channel we had quit showing ancient weather reports.

Even during Sandy we couldn't get anything close on the radio --- we did get news from about 200 miles east of us, because of cloud cover "bounce". Not real useful to know anything about flood warning though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:07:12 PM PST
RKG says:
where do u hail from?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:22:37 PM PST
jjb,

I'm in central PA, in a valley of course!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:46:14 PM PST
RKG says:
ah. the only place i know is pittsburgh. i have some friends who live in pittsburgh.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1197 14 days ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV 9001 12 minutes ago
If a man dies will he live again? Or, is physical death the end? 1197 25 minutes ago
Mary was not sinless. 7089 27 minutes ago
Transgender Individuals 7492 2 hours ago
What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss. 9561 2 hours ago
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian. 7743 3 hours ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 3518 3 hours ago
Outside of the your feelings, do any of you fundamentalist atheists have personal that atheism is true? 505 4 hours ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the Twelfth 805 4 hours ago
Jesus of History vs. Christ of Faith 582 5 hours ago
moment-of-broken-ness, part 2 9672 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  497
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions