Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

All True Christians Have A Duty To Protect The Innocent, And Part Of That Is Gun Control

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 378 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:56:37 PM PST
RKG says:
evil enough to kill... law abiding...

if a person is law abiding, why is an instrument created for the sole purpose of killing necessitated by this law abiding person?

you firmly believe that outlawing guns will have no impact? so if guns were outlawed and diligently enforced where would the evil person get one from?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:57:50 PM PST
RKG says:
did these 20 something people die? do you mind providing the link to this incident.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:58:49 PM PST
RKG says:
what do you think would happen if everyone were allowed to drive in any and every direction and at any and every speed they chose?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:00:35 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
Anything used the wrong way is dangerous. A car used to kill by a drunk driver is no different than a gun used to kill by a sick/evil/ criminal person. I grew up in an area where the high school has a competitive rifle team, I live where they have civil war reenactments and skirmishes, my friends and I own handguns and enjoy target shooting. I am sure there are many examples of guns being used properly. In all the examples I have cited, no one was killed using a gun. OK, I have not heard, nor do I know personally anyone who was killed using a gun the right way. You can bet these people are not going to be afraid to defend themselves if they do run into someone who has illegally obtained a gun for the purpose of killing others.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:01:14 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
This is a great post. I totally agree with you. I am really tired of the irresponsibility of individuals being placed on society.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:02:30 PM PST
mrs exp says:
Karen L Naylor,
But they didn't die, they were only wounded.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:03:50 PM PST
Mike Kai says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:04:12 PM PST
RKG says:
i'm curious - when is a gun used properly?

and what happens when you and or one of the people from your examples snaps? do you think that person will use words and or a rock to resolve his frustration or resort to the instrument that he or she is so very familiar with?

or perhaps you do not think that you or anyone from your example will ever snap.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:06:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 1:16:59 PM PST
RKG says:
it isn't often that someone leaves me speechless - but you my friend has. i simply cannot believe what you have written. it is rare that someone so twists the scriptures as to make them practically unrecognizable. i will return to answering once i am able to pick myself up off the floor.... hmmm

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:15:31 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
Because those who use it properly are not going to commit a heinous crime, and if any of the staff at that school was armed, things may have turned out differently for those people. The evil person is going to get one anywhere they can. Banning something doesn't mean its unavailable. Look at drugs. Even where marijuana is still illegal and where other drugs are illegal, does that mean people can no longer get them?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:23:09 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:33:08 PM PST
B-Jak says:
"... if any of the staff at that school was armed, things may have turned out differently ..."
I was wondering when one of you gun nuts was going to say something like that. Let's just arm everyone OK, then no one gets hurt! You people are f'ed in the head!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:40:15 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
No, the 22 students did not die, but when searching, I found this headline:

Ax-wielding man kills 3 kids, wounds 13 in China

He did no have a gun, since guns are illegal.

I am sure if the man who slashed those 22 students wanted to kill them, he could have done so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:44:05 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
There are too many to list. Just plug it in to a search engine.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:44:44 PM PST
Songbird says:
It's hard to find neutral studies. We're such a binary country - people seem to only allow each other to be either pro or anti gun control, prolife or prochoice, liberal or conservative. There's no room in this extremism for pragmatically discussing effective methods of reducing gun violence. That's a preface for my standpoint of allowing people to obtain reasonable firearms in controlled ways.

There's actually a well-established correlation between complex gun control and the reduction of guns used in crime, whether comparing interstate gun laws or international gun laws and deaths by firearm. And it takes a while to see results between the time a law is enacted, enforced, and experienced.

Gun control doesn't reduce violent urges but it seems to reduce the death toll. There are some determined killers who spend years studying how to create explosives. But there are many who aren't that determined - those who walk through a building and kill as many as a semi-automatic allows in a very short period of time don't need a lot of education, planning, or expertise.

I don't think gun owners are crazed or selfish, and I don't think guns in the right hands are usually dangerous. I also don't think reducing the means of putting them in the wrong hands is a bad thing - especially certain types of guns.

Let's not fear the slippery slope and try to diagnose what's wrong so we can fix it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:46:22 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
Have you seen some major interstates at rush hour?!?!?!?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:51:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 1:56:30 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
Sure, let's just make it so that no one can defend him or herself. While you're at it, let's take guns away from the police officers and prison guards. They don't need them. Call me what you will. I saw a sign that says something like, "My neighbor doesn't like that I have a gun. So, to make him feel better, I won't use it to protect him and his family if an armed intruder is breaking into his house."

I am reminded of Hollywood celebrities and sports announcers who cry about gun crimes and how guns should be banned, yet they publicly use armed security guards to protect them. That's hypocrisy at its finest...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:52:22 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
If the man wanted to kill them, he would have. The point being, the gun isn't the issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:08:05 PM PST
M. Simonson says:
"there's no such thing as a christian survivalist in the sense you are using it."

That gets into the semantics of who is and is not a Christian, but there are guys like that out there and more than a few of them. It's easy to web search and find them, they are using Christianity as a primary moniker.
I do agree that they are used as a stereotype of all Christians and that's unfortunate. Christianity is injured by many different stereotypes these days, sometimes it's the loud-mouthed arrogant bombastic Baptist fundamentalist and sometimes it's the fatuous claims of the prosperity preachers.

I do agree BTW that gun control will not work, in any case I would challenge advocates of govt gun control that once they show their ability to control "the war on drugs" they just might have proven themselves competent enough to address what they see as a "gun control" question.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:22:44 PM PST
Peony says:
"and what happens when you and or one of the people from your examples snaps?"

Under that reasoning, none of us should have knives in our kitchens, cars in our garage, dangerous chemicals in the household products we use, etc., anywhere near us, ever, since we might "snap." Geez.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:19:41 PM PST
Saint Karen says:
I'm thinking it is more likely those with that emotion who are the ones who will "snap."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:28:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 4:29:22 PM PST
TheWindMoves says:
According to what was released today, this doesn't appear to be a case of something done illegally (at least, as pertains to the acquisition of the guns), or a case of someone "snapping." It appears the shooter had Asperger syndrome, and the guns were purchased and registered by his mother, who was reportedly an avid gun collector.

More will probably be revealed as the investigation progresses, but this is tragic all the way around. Those poor children. Those poor dear children. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:33:34 PM PST
Not only did she have the guns, but she took both of her sons to gun ranges for target practice regularly, according to the latest reports.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:36:39 PM PST
"What do you make of that"

Er -- the UK has a much smaller population, so a numerically smaller number in the UK could in fact achieve a higher percentage, relative to the population size.

Raw percentage is meaningless -- what specifically is the UK per capita crime rate versus the US per capita rate ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:38:50 PM PST
"When is enough, enough ?"

When Chrleston Heston's dead hands are cold...ie: a while ago !
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  378
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions