Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Announcement

Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 16, 2011 12:19:38 PM PDT
Jonathon says:
It seems that the YES and NO buttons are abused by those who disagree with the post. If a voter agrees with the poster, they vote YES and they vote NO if they don't. I have often voted YES for posts I did not agree with at all because the poster made a great point (and did so courteously). In a civil discussion, I think there should be respect for those we disagree with. I wish we'd just eliminate the buttons and talk to each other. An observant moderator should be able to discern when a poster is being abusive, but he/she should not be able to hide posts just because more people said NO to it than YES. Oh, and Amazon? Thanks for this opportunity.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2011 1:20:11 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2015 7:46:27 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2011 11:39:27 AM PDT
Lao Tzu says:
EvolutionIsTrue - what is wrong with the Yes and No buttons? I kinda like them. If enough people respond, it can mollify the most outrageous statements

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2011 11:53:42 AM PDT
Craig says:
If I may? It is not a problem with those buttons as much as it is with the way they are misused. I bet if there was a way we could all see who votes which way, things would be slightly different.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2011 3:08:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2015 7:46:35 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 6:57:58 AM PDT
anne says:
Craig: I bet if there was a way we could all see who votes which way, things would be slightly different.

Keepin: That's a violation of privacy tho, Craig.

anne: How do you figure? We're on a public message board using fake names; having your fake name attached to the way you vote violates it how?

Keepin: And it would cause more harm than good. If we know who votes "No" on our posts, then we would be more likely to vote the same to that person in retaliation.

anne: Well, that is the real world, now isn't it. You're saying you like not knowing.

Keepin: I was a member of a message board that did things that way.

anne: Do tell.

Keepin: It caused many hard feelings among the members who felt they couldn't be honest because they would be attacked on the board and voted down by the various cliques.

anne: That sounds pretty much how things are on the more devisive threads here.

Keepin: Better to leave things as they are where only the Amazon mods can see who is voting.

anne: Amazon mods can see who's voting? Really? Do you know this for sure or are you assuming?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 9:35:35 AM PDT
Lao Tzu says:
I think the anonymous yes/no is great just as it is. It functions better when dozens of people contribute, lessening the change of some personal vendetta being in the works. You can't campaign to have 30 people all vote the way you want them to .

I also like it being anonymous.

Similar to IMDB movie ratings, there are some jerks that have to rate movies as a "1" if they have a bee in their bonnet, and love rating movies a "10" if they are very bad. However, over time the outliers average themselves out, and the IMDB rating becomes an even better predictor of the value of a movie than even the critics could come up with.

If you only have 3 votes, just don't consider that a good measure of your comment. If you have 40 votes, chances are you have a good enough sample size to draw conclusions.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 8:41:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 10, 2012 6:32:13 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2011 8:46:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 28, 2011 9:24:32 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 10:09:21 AM PDT
Member of Amazon Concern of Manipulation to their Amazon Account:
"I do not know Louie Rankin, but of course when you are a new Artist there is always someone who may be trying to stand out in front of your good faith, especially when my work reflect the Gospel. I uphold what is right no matter what? Artist Angie Booker"
List in all Amazon discussions

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 1:55:46 PM PDT
Sandra Davis says:
I want to know how to begin a new thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 1:59:18 PM PDT
dischism says:
Sandra

You'll find "Start a new discussion" at the end of the thread menu. Click on it and you'll find a box appears in which to type the title.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 2:20:35 PM PDT
Sandra Davis says:
Thank you. I just now found it. I was looking in this thread. No wonder I didn't find it. Appreciate your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 2:22:16 PM PDT
dischism says:
Sandra

You're welcome. :)

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 4:24:17 PM PDT
Anyone else having trouble writing in these little boxes since Amazon changed their format? Sometimes it bounces back and I can't see what I am writing. There are other things that occur, also...making it rather unpleasant.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 1:53:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2011 1:59:10 AM PDT
Ishwar Shah says:
when any customer provides a review with ONE STAR or TWO STARS for a computer hardware product, allow them to also post an alternative product they bought to meet their need .

OR
Allow a prospective buyer to ask those reviewers what product did they buy to meet their need.

For example: jmiller bought and gave 1-star rating to Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter K33928.

The review reads as follows:

Just installed this on a new HP Windows 7 computer and it crashed the system. Got the blue screen of death each time it tried to restart. Had to unplug the adapter to get the systems back up.

What product did he buy next to meet his needs?

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 10:56:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2011 11:57:07 PM PDT
Agapao says:
The managment at Amazon.com are great considerate people!
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse | Ignore this customerStop ignoring customer

0 of 8 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

Those who don't want Amazon to continue selling their wares online, vote here....
If we have no votes in favor of Amazon.com we will be shutting this website down.
We could add this to their blank website:Customers don't think this website adds to their shopping. Show website anyway or
[Deleted by Amazon's Customers on Oct 30, 2011 2:31:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 11:58:29 AM PDT
Amazon has great tools to share with its customers and members,
therefore, people who appreciate the Discussion boards should
make sure they keep the page updated and fresh for readers to
continue contributing toward Amazon's esteemed efforts.

'AngieNewMuzic'
Angela Booker
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Angela%20Booker

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 2:40:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2011 2:41:21 PM PDT
Agapao says:
Lao Tzu says:
EvolutionIsTrue - what is wrong with the Yes and No buttons? I kinda like them. If enough people respond, it can mollify the most outrageous statements
Response: What do you say about the activist who has 50 Amazon accounts and 10 computers and whose only aim is to silence so-called ignorance and have his voice only to be heard? Those who have different views and who don't haunt this forum, have not a chance.
"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 6:19:12 AM PDT
Of course, we do have the right to listen and
to voice our opinions, yet people sometimes
are afraid to venture out into possibilities and
take risks.
I find the Yes and No buttons to be the best
way for intelligent conversations to open up
and begin; And this my friend will make all the
more difference in the world.

'AngieNewMuzic'
Angela Booker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25VT42zBeVs

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 10:22:58 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 18, 2012 1:39:20 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 10:29:46 AM PDT
dischism says:
Liz

That post was from someone who thinks that adding Rambo quotes to his posts lends some sort of authority. roflmao

He's got to be a Poe.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 10:36:33 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 18, 2012 1:39:20 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 3:24:40 PM PDT
It would help when you reply to a certain post, it would show up in the original post, not at the very end, many pages later.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 3:28:29 PM PDT
Craig says:
No, that wouldn't work at all. If you are trying to give suggestions to Amazon you are doing it in the wrong place. Read the original post again, there was a link to where you should post suggestions.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  169
Total posts:  1053
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions