Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

when "obama worship" takes excessive liberties:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 245 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 9, 2012 7:24:04 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 9, 2012 7:38:55 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:27:47 AM PST
Gone says:
Show me where the Bible says that God appointed Barack Obama to be America's president. It doesn't.

I believe God. I believe His Word. I do not believe you or your word.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:55:44 AM PST
A Customer says:
I know you're kidding there Lily, cause we know he's really an atheist.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 9:05:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 10:00:15 AM PST
Gone says:
Macheath says,
"I know you're kidding there Lily, cause we know he's really an atheist."

:D ^5.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 9:12:17 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
And you think this really happened?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 9:23:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 9:24:41 AM PST
A Customer says:
It's true Lily. And most of his Left-wing atheist supporters know it's true, there's a kind "understanding" that he's one of them but "we can't advertise that", that's why they get angry when people say that he is one.

Think about it, he was raised by an atheist mom, his whole life from the time he was a little kid until after he got out of college he did not belong to or attend any Christian church. Then, in his late 20's after getting through Columbia and Harvard without ever attending a Christian Church or showing any interest in Christianity, when he decides to start his political career and he prepares to run as a local politician in a majority black district of Chicago, he joins the black church in that area that will give him street cred with those same black voters he's looking to impress. His *entire* life he never attended a Christian church and lo and behold, right before he's going to start his political career he joins the wing-nut Reverand White's Trinity Church, which coincidentally helps him connect and form ties with the black community in that district. I'm sure there was no political calculation there.

And the good "reverend" and his church was the only Church he ever belonged to. Four years ago when the good Reverend's quotes about "God damn America" and all the rest become a problem for Obama in his quest for the White House, Obama did what's he's done his whole life, made a political calculation and quit that "church". How many people do you know that will throw their church under the bus and quit it because it's a political inconvience? Now there's real faith!!

And here we are 4 years later and in those 4 years Obama has not found a church he could be bothered to go to on Sundays, he'd rather play golf. Maybe he's hoping to find Jesus at the 18th hole.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 9:58:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 10:02:21 AM PST
Gone says:
I don't doubt you, Mac. Obama's true leanings have come out over the past 4 years via his words and actions.

Also, I've edited the post you were responding to so you'll see I was in full agreement with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 12:54:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 1:04:36 PM PST
RKG says:
you are catholic aren't you? or are you one of those people who call themselves christians that atheists keep saying know nothing of the bible?

hmmmmmm i think you are both: you are a catholic and know nothing of the bible.

since you want to play dumb - i shall help you out this once. only this once though:

Romams 13:1-2 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been appointed by God. Therefore WHOEVER RESISTS the authorities resists what God has APPOINTED, and those who resist WILL INCUR JUDGMENT"

1 Timothy 2:1-3 "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior," (i see nothing here about giving christians the ability to slander, libel, lies and criticized). i say christians, but i really don't mean you - since you obviously are not one. i used christians to mean someone who has been washed in the blood of Christ and follows him irrespective of how much they may not like certain things.

so you and others like you - keep spitting in God's face. he is long suffering not willing that any should perish but psalm 5:5 "it is a terribly thing to fall into the hands of an angry god"

so you keep on spitting in God's face and telling him he is a liar.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 12:58:48 PM PST
DoC BiC

Pretty lame deity that doesn't have a sense of humor and is so thin skinned.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 1:08:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 1:31:20 PM PST
RKG says:
and here we have some people going to mass and yet remaining as evil and as belligerent as their father. so what good is going? ah but i forget - their father goes as well.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 1:30:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 1:32:40 PM PST
A Customer says:
And speaking of what the bible commands Christians to do, it tells them (Christians that is, not the phonies who call themselves that to get elected) to go to church.

Deut 31:12-13 Assemble the people, men, women, and little ones, that they may hear and learn to fear the Lord your God

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Four years after he *quit his church* because it was politically expedient, (who does something like that?) and he still hasn't bothered to find a new place to worship with others as the bible commands. Because he couldn't care less.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:29:42 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Mark,
I choose not to judge God.
You will have the opportunity to explain to Him why you feel comfortable with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:48:08 PM PST
J. Harding says:
I'm inclined to think that the President of the US has better things to do than comment on whatever Jamie Foxx and other entertainers are doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:49:43 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Advent,
You appear to make an assumption that because Prez Obama doesn't fit your expectation of someone that God would appoint to such an exalted position, that his vices are insurmountable to such a divine assent, and that such a relationship would be impossible.
Yet, God doesn't always appoint leaders over nations that suit your or my taste, rather His Will for what must unfold in history.
At this point, it might be worth a review of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, taking particular note of how it all ended for a king that was initially a reprobate, then later sang praises. Other comments can be made as well regarding King David's and King Solomon's blunders, as well as several of the Kings that followed him leading up to the eventual, though not inevitable, Babylonian exile. Then, there's the evil and calumny of King Herod, and so many other imperfect rulers and despots external to Hebrew history.
The bottom-line is "God's Will Be Done" to His glory, as the ultimate outcome. And, of course, there is the issue with our inability to fully comprehend the sovereignty and holiness of it all. But, we will understand it later, with a loud "ahhhhh.....I see now....".
There are some things that Obama has done, still does, and will do that align with God's Will. The others will need forgiveness or judgment.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:53:06 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
JH,
Thank you for bringing this discussion back to its original intent; it took quite a side track after its initial opening.
Thx again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:11:21 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Macheath,
This is an interesting chronological layout...what do you make of these 2 events?

http://randomrudeness.blogspot.com/2008/07/obamas-stolen-prayer-refreshingly.html

http://www.christiancentury.org/article/2011-04/obama-invokes-christian-beliefs-easter-prayer-breakfast

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:21:10 PM PST
DoC

We differ on the existence of the opportunity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:47:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 7:54:58 AM PST
A Customer says:
DoC, they sound like the machinations of a charlatan, trying to appear devout for the voting public. Let me ask, I'm sure you know some Christians that have conflicts about the abortion debate, and feel that it should be allowable in the 1st trimester. You may not know any who feel abortion in OK in the 3rd trimester. But I'm fairly certain you do not know a single Christian who would be against a law requiring doctors to provide medical assistance to babies that have survived an abortion. Some babies do survive abortions, at that point they are no different than a preemie, and we have a moral duty to treat them with the love and dignity of a human being, to provide medical assistance rather than leave them to die. Would a Christian really have a problem with this no-brainer of a moral question? Some links;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwFIEprF_9Y&sns=em

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/292204/obama-s-infanticide-votes-patrick-brennan#

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/08/23/new-audio-surfaces-of-obama-defending-infanticide-in-illinois/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:56:45 PM PST
J. Harding says:
As usual, the truth about this matter is not as clear cut as many would make it seam:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/did-obama-vote-to-deny-rights-to-infant-abortion-survivors/2012/09/07/9852895a-f87d-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_blog.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:01:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 7:20:08 PM PST
A Customer says:
Gee, a liberal reporter from the Washington Post defends Obama. Shocking. Try reading my links first.

And by the way, the question is whether a "Christian" would be against this bill, I have no doubt some unreligious folks might, but we're talking about whether Obama is a Christian or simply joined a church in Chicago because he needed some votes.

The fact is Obama was the only member of the Illinois legislature to not support that "Born Alive" bill to provide medical care for newborns who survived failed abortions, and the same Act passed at the federal level 98-0 with not a single senator in opposition to it. It is a no-brainer for a Christian.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 9:04:29 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Macheath,
When I first studied them, I wondered the same, including whether or not I was witnessing the skills of a religious advisor. Your chronology didn't dispel that, only reinforced it. Indeed, over the past 4 years there was too little of such things to sway impressions otherwise. I can only hope the next 4 years impresses us all. At this point, that "hope" does not have the substance of faith backing it (Heb 11:1).

Regarding killing unborn children, regardless of the trimester, in my opinion it is implausible for true Christians to condone murder and sustain a devout belief in the validity of the 10 Commandments as God-given law.
And, the fact that we need a law to compel physicians to come to the medical rescue of a suffering child, regardless of the prior circumstances, speaks volumes as to where our country now morally stands. I say that as a physician.
May God's mercy and patience persist for another day.

You may want to watch the personal testimony of a woman that survived a third trimester abortion attempt:

Gianna Jessen Abortion Survivor in Australia (full)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YlJ9CZ9fI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 4:58:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 5:02:53 AM PST
RKG says:
Extract taken from Tom MacCrossan, an evangelical minister's blog

"As a life-long Republican and an evangelical minister, I have been APPALLED at the attitudes and actions of so many Christian Republicans. There has been the (still alive) birther movement, continued belief that President Obama is a Muslim, charges that he is a not-so-secret communist, and support for a documented Republican leadership strategy to oppose every proposal that Obama made the last four years no matter its merit or the damage this strategy can bring to our country's recovery.

At first, I was reluctant to believe that RACE and PREJUDICE had much to do with the opposition to Obama. There are legitimate issues reasonable people can disagree with about job creation, tax levels, lowering health care costs while expanding coverage, and the extent and kinds of governmental regulation, not to mention issues in foreign policy.

But I have changed my mind, sadly. I believe the worst of this sorry spectacle is indeed caused by FEAR and PREJUDICE. The FEAR that PREJUDICE creates when faced with so many societal changes that seem to threaten one's lifestyle and beliefs.

Let me be clear. This does not describe all conservative Christian Republicans. But it does describe frighteningly too many of them. People who seem irrational in their fears and accusations, and who see conspiracies of the enemy in every opponent to their views...."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 7:24:59 AM PST
J. Harding says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 7:28:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 7:29:49 AM PST
RKG says:
did you honestly expect different?

a joke? methinks you are the master of understatements.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 2:43:44 PM PST
DoC BiC says:
Judging by the paucity of postings over the past 24 hours, can I assume everyone has recovered from the shock of the 2 initial news postings (Fox; crucifixion)?
Oh, how quickly we appease the appallable, accommodate the abhorable, and assimilate the inevitable......onward Christian soldiers....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  245
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions