Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Mary Wasn't Sinless Part VIII

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 246 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:25:23 AM PST
Karen, Yes, Mary was born sinless, for as God saved Elijah from death by His very grace, although "ALL must die due to sin" as affirmed in Romans, so too did God save His Mother from sin to be His Pure and Worthy dwelling place, just as God was very specific about how His Chosen dwelling place of old was to be designed, as that too was to contain His Law, (Exodus 25), all the more His mother, as she was to contain the AUthor of the Law, for He Who is Mighty, has done to HER, Mighty Things!!! and if John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit, EVEN from his mother's womb, all the more the Mother of the Lord, who did not announce Him, but give birth to Him, as Mary is the woman at emnity with satan, (Genesis 3:15). "Mary was incorrupt from sin by a special priveledge, for how can she who gave birth to the Author of grace, be lacking in grace". (Ambrose, 387). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:27:42 AM PST
Karen, The Mother of the King in the Davidic line of Royalty is indeed the Queen Mother, (1 Kings 2;19, 20, Luke 1:35, Revelation 12;1,2,5) as John sees mary, the woman who gave birth to Jesus, the male child born to rule the nations, alive and well in Heaven, having been assumed there by GOD'S power, not her own, like that of Elijah. Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:40:18 AM PST
Jay Runner says:
Karen,

When I was Protestant I would not have sat under the authority of a woman in the pulpit. I have worked under the authority of a woman in a corporation, no problem, but that is not how Jesus set up his church.

I also would not have sat under any pulpit, regardless of gender, with any ties to the prosperity gospel.

Peace in Christ,

Jay

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:57:10 AM PST
Truth says:
Well...(blushing)....how about just "angelic". ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:57:35 AM PST
Truth says:
Thank you much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:10:09 AM PST
Truth says:
Had to show my wife that post.

Thank you for the VERY kind words.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:15:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:02:02 AM PST
QUESTER says:
Pat said ...

So it is also with some people's faith. They shelve it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What does that look like, do you think ?

What does it look like when one has shelved his/her faith ... and it has no effect upon their life ... no prayer, no love, no joy, no peace, no goodness, no compassion, ...

It would look pretty satanic, I think ... and I don't see too much of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:23:32 AM PST
Jim, I can imagine she smiled, kissed you & said, "It's true!" :^)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:30:41 AM PST
Truth says:
He has done great things for me, and one is the wife He gave me.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 4:53:29 AM PST
QUESTER says:
Matthew 12

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."

48 He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:02:45 AM PST
Just Karen says:
Oh, absolutely. I just meant that I think Catholics believe that we all worship her, and there are things about her that may not be along the right teaching.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:15:08 AM PST
Just Karen says:
For one, she teaches that when Jesus died, He stopped being God's son and went to Hell to be tortured (even more than He already was) by Satan for our sins.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:18:55 AM PST
Just Karen says:
That's because you have a hard time believing that non-Catholics are honest people and will do what they say they will.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:22:27 AM PST
Just Karen says:
Most of the TV speakers and evangelists are "very candid and well versed." You just have to pay attention to their messages, especially when they put their own spin on things, as she does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:28:50 AM PST
Just Karen says:
No, He didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:32:02 AM PST
Just Karen says:
Thank you. My mother won't go to a female communicant at her church, either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:33:00 AM PST
Gone says:
No, Karen, Catholics DON'T think that at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:35:35 AM PST
Who is 'her'?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:36:54 AM PST
Just Karen says:
Sometimes my husband and I will say to each other, "someone had to love you and God chose me!"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:38:32 AM PST
Gone says:
No, Karen, I don't "have a hard time believing that non-Catholics are honest people and will do what they say they will." That is YOUR view of me. Contrary to what you think, I happen to know many non-Catholics who are honest people and do what say they will. They are among my best friends.

I really wish you would ASK me instead of assuming you know what I think, feel, believe, etc. You DON'T.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:40:39 AM PST
Just Karen says:
WOW. No need to yell. Did you even notice that I used the term "THINK?" When a person says that, they are not claiming to know something, but that is what they believe. Did you know that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:42:18 AM PST
Just Karen says:
You said in your comment what you though and felt. You said that you thought he would put conditions on his offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:43:13 AM PST
I agree with you, I wouldn't be trusting Jim to send me a copy of the ESV.

Too many people assume they know what people are thinking. It is not only courteous to ask, it can avoid a lot of unnecessary pain.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:44:28 AM PST
Gone says:
I happen to like Pastor John Hagee. I also enjoy the teachings of Messianic Rabbi Kirt Schneider.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:46:17 AM PST
Gone says:
I think Karen means Joyce Meyer. At first, I thought Karen meant the Virgin Mary until I read her post.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  246
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions