Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

I AM tied directly to Reality-In-Itself

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1051-1075 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:43:20 AM PDT
Nova137 says:
Like all things spiritual, the nature of order is adjusted for the soul and the soul adjusts, too. Wholeness allows this. One is involuting while another is evoluting. One is on an ascending arc, another on a descending arc. And, these, in the same person during any given mission/lesson/trial/practice/class/work day/dream/life/incarnation, etc!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:52:37 AM PDT
Nova137 says:
I'm not there, just read the OP days ago. I believe it has the word "mirror" in it. Probably on the Religion Forum. I'll look and post a link if I find it....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:54:06 AM PDT
Nova137 says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_search_res_rm?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1M9TK6UGAX6EO&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2Q3I8DHN6FZRR#Mx1IE78MKNINFZ0

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:56:09 AM PDT
Nova137 says:
sulphur/salt/mercury puts anthroposophical leanings in the mix. It adds another direct tie of the mineral kingdom to the human one to the higher hierarchies. Very important for a soul to see at some point! Like the glands connected to chakras in Bailey/Theosophy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:03:46 AM PDT
Nova: the modes of human consciousness (waking, dreaming, deep sleep, turya) equivalent to physical, subtle, causal, great causal (physical, etheric, astral, ego in Steiner

BD: Thank you for translating that; it now seems obvious where they match up, but in the past it has been very confusing to me how these terms match up. Another one that I hear a lot (and which I'm not sure where exactly it fits) is the mental body. It sounds like the intellectual or mind soul, but in anthroposophy the only aspect of soul that connects directly to the astral body is the sentient soul. Perhaps the sentient soul is the best match because the intellectual soul was most active during the Middle Ages in the thought of the great scholastics; it is found in its purest form in mathematics and logic. The sentient soul deals with ordinary consciousness of the daylight world.

Nova: "We know now our mission. It is to accept Michael in our day life, as present and operating. We can begin to trust our intuitions as being balanced in the day now. Turya/I AM/ego are now pure in the daylight. The shadows are not there. Obscuration is no longer present in our waking consciousness. I AM practicing this, like you, and seeing results."

BD: Craig's Lao-Tzu quotation from the Tao Te Ching put me back into an Asian mood. We have a terrific used bookstore here in Sac called "Beers Books" (a good supply of anthroposophy books now, too btw). Anyway, I went their yesterday and I picked up this book called "Awakening to the Tao". Long story short, the author, Liu I-Ming, a Taoist scholar born in 1737, talks about balancing squareness with roundness. The "square" does not confuse right and wrong, does "not behave disrespectfully, [does] not act unjustly... [and is] inwardly autonomous." The "circle" "respond[s] adaptively according to the situation... [can] act or be still, [and doesn't get stuck] clinging to one rule or method."

"When you can be round and can be square, following the rules of the compass and the square, then you do not fall into stagnant fixation or random suggestibility. Outwardly you are lively and active, inwardly you are calm and sure."

I'll be honest with you Nova--I still run into problems with "stagnant fixation" and "random suggestibility." I wish it wasn't so, but I have people trying to play me all the time, and I'm not much of a gamer. I'm much more like a commentator on the sidelines. Real-life situations are very tricky. It's game playing on a highly sophisticated level. I have a difficult time stepping back and surveying when I'm in the moment. I suppose that indicates that I need to develop my meditative practice more. But I'm much more of a heart person now; meditating seems forced to me. In any case, too often I feel thrust into being a square by circumstances when I am much more comfortable operating in a circular mode. I feel like I have to search for answers and for the appropriate actions because that square is going to get me. For me, the search state is not a pleasant one. I prefer either to be told in unmistakable terms how something is going to be, or to have absolute creative freedom (and copious amounts of time, lol). Bring the two into a nebulous admixture and I feel stressed and often caught in a holding pattern. When the pressure is relieved I am quite good at regaining perspective and trying a new tack. But as far as teaching goes, my karma keeps running over my dogma. To be in my shoes feels very sticky at the moment. There is precious little at the social level of a wholesome, coherent framework for 'getting the job done.' I wish I was a bricklayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:05:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 11:10:02 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Nova: the modes of human consciousness (waking, dreaming, deep sleep, turya) equivalent to physical, subtle, causal, great causal (physical, etheric, astral, ego in Steiner

BD: Thank you for translating that; it now seems obvious where they match up, but in the past it has been very confusing to me how these terms match up.

Nova says: To see this, I first created the following mappings:

If

Tamas-heaviness
Rajas-activity
Sattvas- lightness

then

Physical - Pure Ahriman (tamas or heaviness)
Subtle - Lucifer mixed into physical to produce the lower astral body, called the etheric body
Causal - Pure Lucifer (sattvas or lightness)
Great Causal - Ahriman and Lucifer balanced in Christ Impulse, called Divine ego or *I*. That is, in service, Ahriman becomes cosmic intelligence (tamas becomes wisdom), Lucifer becomes cosmic will (sattvas becomes power) and these two are balanced by cosmic activity (which is the consciousness of pure love). In imbalance, these reduce back to dense physical, less dense physical (subtle), dense or lower spirit (causal), less dense or higher spirit (great causal).

B.D. says: Another one that I hear a lot (and which I'm not sure where exactly it fits) is the mental body. It sounds like the intellectual or mind soul, but in anthroposophy the only aspect of soul that connects directly to the astral body is the sentient soul. Perhaps the sentient soul is the best match because the intellectual soul was most active during the Middle Ages in the thought of the great scholastics; it is found in its purest form in mathematics and logic. The sentient soul deals with ordinary consciousness of the daylight world.

Nova says: Well, what we have to do to see the mental body and spiritual body is to fuse the etheric body and the physical body into what we call the physical plane (Steiner calls this the life-body and plant life is the embodiment of this plane). This drops the astral body from third mapping as causal to second mapping called the kama plane or desire plane (Steiner calls this the feeling body and animal life, and thus, our instincts and prejudices is the embodiment of this plane). It is here, now, that we can locate the mental body or manasic plane, which now contains what Steiner/Klocek call the "divine Ego" which functions as the Egoic or Causal Body. (In Steiner we would say "the capacity for self-direction and full responsibility are connected to the ego, which anthroposophical researchers describe as only becoming independent around twenty-one years after conception.") Finally, we have the spiritual body above even the mental body which is made up of a Buddhic or Intuitional plane (what Steiner calls the spirit-self, *intuition and self*); an Atmic plane (what Steiner calls the life-spirit, *enduring spirit-soul content*); and a Monadic plane (what Steiner calls the spirit-man, the *fully individuated spirit*.)

Usually, when I am referring to "I AM" it is of this higher plane of spirit-man. Depending on one's state of consciousness, the feeling/willing/thinking will put one in a lower spiritual state (where divine Ego feel/wills/thinks luciferic or ahrimanic) or a higher one (where divine Ego feel/wills/thinks Monadic, which is a balance of Will/Throne, Intelligence/Kyriotetes & Activity/Dynamis).

Finally, a great quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthroposophical_view_of_the_human_being
which helped me put together the above (along with http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/cosmicfire/fire1057.html):

"The ego experiences itself through all three of the unconscious elements (consciousness, life and physicality) in specific ways: through the astral body, bearer of sentience, in the dreamier experience of the sentient soul; through the life body as rationality in the intellectual soul; through the physical body as fully conscious, autonomous egoity in the consciousness soul. Through differentiating ego consciousness into its experience as mediated through these unconscious organs, this gives a ninefold articulation of a human: physicality, life, consciousness; sentient, intellectual and consciousness soul; spirit self, life spirit, spirit man."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:08:39 PM PST
Nova137 says:
B.D. says: I'll be honest with you...I wish I was a bricklayer.

Nova says: Thanks for these personal insights! It sounds like you've got *you* all figured out. So, what's stopping you from coming into the fullness of that knowledge?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:24:33 PM PST
Nova: Physical - Pure Ahriman (tamas or heaviness)

BD: Aachh!! (This is supposed to sound like a tacky buzzer you would get for giving the wrong answer). The physical body is the most perfected part of the human being. Remember, it was the gift of the first hierarchy: Seraphim, Cherubim, and Thrones. Steiner says they are the Dhyanic Beings of Oriental wisdom. The physical body is the plan that the first hierarchy receives from the Trinity. I think you are equating the physical body with materialism. Don't do that. Ahriman is intellectuality devoid of compassion. Think of HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Ahriman has control over our nervous system and brain. That much is lawful and as God planned it. We cannot be free without possessing the nature of ego consciousness, which functions through ahrimanic elemental spirits. But they have to be under the command of a Guiding Spirit- the Archangel Michael. The archangels went through their human phase on Old Sun. Old Sun is connected with the element of air and with light (which Steiner calls "light ether"). The light serves the evolutionary process of development through creation of space and the differentiation of borders. Air by itself is without structure or direction. The ether body is a dynamic set in play out of the wake left by the archangels differentiating as servants of the light ether or servants of air. Try not to get stuck in the old dichotomy of matter/flesh/fallen nature and spirit/ideal/unity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:40:27 PM PST
Nova137 says:
I said as much when I put the following "In imbalance, these reduce back to dense physical, less dense physical (subtle), dense or lower spirit (causal), less dense or higher spirit (great causal)."

Meaning: When we separate everything into component parts in a reductionist tendency of breaking apart to analyse and stay there, forgetting to synthesize again, we see the dualist tendency.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:51:55 PM PST
Nova137 says:
Also, I do not feel/think/will Ahriman and Lucifer as evil. They are but My servants. And, as such, they are capable of providing their attributes and characteristics in loving service to Me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:07:22 PM PST
Nova137 says:
Thank you, too, for the additional pictures and associations in between the words of caution! I appecitate it...very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:57:55 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Is Old Sun, "Vulcan"?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:01:17 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Baba,

32nd and final object meditation finished 20 minutes ago. The student has become the teacher. The statue sits in a seat among many seats facing the front of the class where the teacher now teaches. I thanked Buddha for his guidance and wisdom. I thanked the base the statue sits upon for its lessons (which are helping me picture the square and the triangle). I thanked you, Baba, for your service and friendship. I asked that I get to know the real you, one that I can commune with easier and in a way that continues to produce mutual respect and love.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:15:29 AM PST
Vulcan is the last of the seven manvantaras.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:01:14 PM PST
Nova137 says:
So, the last evolution of our sun?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:39:42 PM PST
Yup.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:21:57 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Thanks! It is fascinating to think about our sun evolving...

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:27:18 AM PST
Nova137 says:
"The Knowledge in the state of the Great-Causal Body is balanced with an intermingling of the three gunas (Rajas, Tamas, Sattva), and can be experienced as "Pure Knowledge." From Master of Self-Realization: An Ultimate Understanding

I thought this quote complimented, nicely, the fact of balancing ahriman and lucifer in Christ Impulse as well as the triplicity of tamas, rajas, sattva transformed into cosmic intelligence, activity, will.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:41:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 5:32:50 PM PST
Nova137 says:
I wanted to mention that technically, in Advaita Vedanta of my Master, the following state of manifestation is mapped to the particular quality:

Gross physical to rajaguna or "activity in the world";

Subtle to sattvaguna or "awareness";

Causal to tamoguna or "pure ignorance".

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:45:46 PM PST
Nova137 says:
I would say this description maps to my supersensing of these three gunas and the map of ahriman to tamas (cosmic intelligence in spirit), Christ impulse to rajas (cosmic activity in spirit) and lucifer to sattva (cosmic will in spirit) with Christ Impulse raised to cosmic activity as the Prakrti proper where Love is active as a first principle:

"Prakrti or Prakriti or Prakruti (from Sanskrit language प्रकृत;ि, prakṛti) means "nature".[1] It is, according to Hinduism, the basic nature of intelligence by which the Universe exists and functions. It is described in Bhagavad Gita as the "primal motive force". It is the essential constituent of the universe and is at the basis of all the activity of the creation.[2] It is composed of the three gunas which are tendencies or modes of operation, known as sattva (creation), rajas (preservation), and tamas, (destruction) [3] Sattva encompasses qualities of goodness, light, and harmony.[4] According to the Yoga Vasistha, people who are of a satvic nature and whose activities are mainly based on satva, will tend to seek answers regarding the origin and truth of material life. With proper support they are likely to reach liberation.[5] Rajas is associated with concepts of energy, activity, ambition, and passion; so that, depending on how it is used, it can either have a supportive or hindering effect on the evolution of the soul.[6] Tamas is commonly associated with inertia, darkness, insensitivity.[7] Souls who are more tamasic are considered imbued in darkness and take the longest to reach liberation.[8] Prakriti is closely associated with the concept of Maya within Vedic scripture.[9]"

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:33:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:43:41 AM PST
Nova137 says:

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:37:22 AM PST
Nova137 says:
I voted for Obama in '08. I created the world yesterday with the chance I'd vote for Romney yesterday. I voted for Obama again. I really only ever want what is best for our country. I'm not exactly sure I know what that is right now, to tell you the truth.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:41:40 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Baba,

Given my role at work and home, I've come to a new appreciation for those in politics. I'm less convinced that they are a creature of scrupulous integrity. I am more convinced than ever that no matter the corruption at work, the people who stand up for their beliefs in front of a nation deserve my admiration and respect. I can come up with examples aplenty to show me a fool in that, but living my life with my own inadequacies and problems allows me to understand what an honest person faces when they put themselves up and out there for all the world to judge.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:44:43 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Baba,

This just in:

"When the lessons of the night spirit become understood in the day, then you will know the truth."

I wonder if this type of insight is gleaned from the book on sleep you are reading? The lessons of the night are the destruction of the *I* at night in deep sleep. When understood in the day, we realize our world is our concepts, our concepts are our world. Or, maybe, knowing Steiner, et. al, he'll have the same night spirit coming to the day, but have a whole other interpretation!

Let me know.

Btw, are you happy with the election result?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:50:24 AM PST
Nova137 says:
Baba,

I've been trying to do a day in reverse review just before bed. I'm finding it difficult. I think my resolution grid is too fine. One night I did it after trying to destroy the world (fall asleep) for a half hour or so. I found myself just redoing all of the movements I'd just made attempting to fall asleep! Anyway, thought you might enjoy that one...;-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  3297
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions