Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 788 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 4:29:27 PM PDT
Sandra Davis says:
This is just plain stupid. I can't imagine anyone giving up his/her whole life to this persuit. Everyone has a right to his/her own opinion, and I don't want to stop that. If what Christians say has an impact on anyone -- good. But the writer needs to be true to his/her talk with a walk that is right.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 5:49:08 PM PDT
Craig says:
No, that wouldn't work at all. If you are trying to give suggestions to Amazon you are doing it in the wrong place. Read the original post again, there was a link to where you should post suggestions.

SO was posted in Christianity Forum....I'm new to discussion board...forgive me, please

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 8:50:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2011 9:18:16 PM PDT
Agapao says:
dischism says: That post was from someone who thinks that adding Rambo quotes to his posts lends some sort of authority. roflmao
"Ignorance deserves Rambo quotes when they don't listen to Reason" Maddogskull 10/20/2011
"You try to be nice!
So what have we got here?" Rambo Movie quote

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 9:23:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2011 9:29:13 PM PDT
Agapao says:
Liz says:
I've read a lot of his/her disgusting posts. Mostly I just ignore them because I'd like to think that people aren't truly as ignorant as MDS portray themselves as. At least in the fairy tale running in my head, lol.
"Activists do some strange things." MDS 10/20/11
*A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind.

l don't think l like you. Not at all! Rambo movie quote

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 11:25:33 PM PDT
dischism says:

Oh, do carry on; it's hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 8:49:26 AM PDT
Craig says:
No need to ask forgiveness, I was just tryin to help ;-). When I read my post again, I see it didn't sound to friendly, sorry bout that. Welcome to these discussions, they are interesting to be sure.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 6:20:30 PM PDT
TheFoe says:
Hmmm if I thought Amazon were actually willing to listen, rather than deleting posts that display profanities, then I'd like the OP in the UK forums (especially the music one). American Amazon seems to run a lot smoother than the one we have to endure.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 3:41:23 PM PDT
Thanks Craig :)

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 4:05:05 PM PDT
jaime says:
Why gave you taken away Big Shmooz's thread? It was very popular, so much that I could not keep up. At least let me read the rest of the posts that I had not seen yet.

I am devastated that you have removed this very popular thread and made it inaccessible without even telling us why.

We deserve to continue this thread that we were enjoying so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 4:24:19 PM PDT
Craig says:
Which one? I see the #4 thread. I have been having trouble with Amazon today, when that happens I clear my browser history and restart my computer, usually fixes most issues here.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 8:21:19 PM PDT
jaime says:
Hmmm. So when the message says, This thread no longer exists, go to the main page" (or whatever it said, I can't remember exactly) it doesn't mean they did it on purpose?

Thanks, Craig.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 10:01:20 PM PDT
Birutegal says:
Some here wanted the yes and no votes to continue because they have colluded with others to no vote people of certain faiths in order that their posts would be hidden. (The written proof is still available.)

I say get rid of all yes or no voting.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 7:18:18 AM PDT
anne says:
Birutegal: I say get rid of all yes or no voting.

anne: I concur. But leave the 'report abuse' button. And add Customer Service's number, 1-866-216-1072.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 5:29:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2011 2:20:40 PM PST
Wolfman says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2011 1:57:32 PM PDT
Birutegal says:
I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 12:46:21 PM PDT
To emac.....You can compose your post in word, do your spell check and the copy and paste to your post. It works!

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 1:19:27 PM PST
Mellifluous says:
I am outraged that a post by the renowned author Anne Rice was removed by Amazon. The post was at 11:39 am pst on the forum she herself started in June: "Can Jesus be rescued from 2000 years of theology that is no longer convincing?"

This is a valuable and intellectually challenging forum, despite the fact that many come there only to evangelize. Anne Rice's posts are the heart of the forum. Amazon must correct this ludicrous insult and injustice immediately, and proffer an apology to Anne Rice.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 1:22:31 PM PST
I am thankful to all those who said NO to me. It's because of them I did it myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 1:55:13 PM PST
Tammy says:
Rules are rules. Even "the renowned author Anne Rice" should have to follow them.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 2:17:02 PM PST
Wolfman says:
Rules or censorship there is a big difference

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 2:35:20 PM PST
Mellifluous says:
Tammy, Could you let me know what rule(s) Anne Rice violated? Here is her original post:

Lawrence, the God I believe in is the maker of this vast universe.
He must be that or He is not God.
He must be The One who has made the quasars and the black holes,
the galaxies, the Big Bang, DNA, neutrinos et al.
And the religions of this world routinely insult Him.
They seek to demean Him, to preserve ancient narrow ideas of Him.
To project on Him hideous ideologies.

I think the first step to God.....
for me anyway....
is humility.
The second step is Gratitude or recognition.

The third is to refrain from embracing any religion or ideology that
cheapens the concept of Him, makes Him sound like a menace or a fool,
or an idiot. Or insists that he's helpless and just can't "save" people from
an eternal burning inferno.

And fourth step is refrain from anything "in His name" that would hurt
human beings, diminish them, or decrease their life or happiness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 2:38:45 PM PST
Mellifluous says:
Excuse me, Denille, were you responding to my post? I'm sorry, I don't understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 3:27:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2011 3:27:44 PM PST
Craig says:
Not that I am justifying, but I think maybe there are trigger words in her post that caused its removal. But let's see if they remove your re-post. We all have had posts removed, those of us who have been here for a while. Sometimes it is beyond comprehension why though.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 3:36:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2011 3:37:46 PM PST
Wolfman says:
you never know what liberal censorship moderators will do next

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 4:11:06 PM PST
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  156
Total posts:  788
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions